• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do legends breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanHero

Smile Smile Smile!

JoeNDM

10+ Year PokeVeteran
I reckon Arceus creates the gender neutral ones, and once they die it creates another one. Or, like Ho-Oh is a phoenix, so when it nears death it rebirths itself, maybe other legendaries have this ability, like how Digimon die and their data/energy/life force gets sent into a new egg

I assume this means that the Griseous orb is older than the Adamant and Lustrous orbs, because it doesn't resemble an sphere as much as the other two do. Perhaps that's because time works differently in the distortion world?

Yes, and also because of the distorion in space that the distortion world creates. If you find your Palkia randomly holding a ball, this is why.

I do believe I've ranked up!

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
They go to a very secret place away from humans. Maybe they can not be in captivity

Yea, this makes sense.
Or perhaps in such a way that it won't happen in the daycare center.
I always figured legendaries can breed, example, Zapdos. Like Zapdos can breed, but chooses not to. Zapdos have a gender, we just don't know it, or it's not something the game tells you because it doesn't matter. So, the Zapdos could be male, and breed, and the offspring will also be a zapdos. They have egg groups and so on too. We don't know any of this in the games, they're so rare. In the game, we never figure out a way to breed a zapdos, or any legendary.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Well Gamefreak pretty much keeps it that legendary's do NOT reprodouce, however the anime and manga contridict the games quite often, stating that there are more than one Mew or lines like: "Watch out, it's a Regice!".

Tough...

It is hard to tell how legendaries reproduce because the gender is never specified. Maybie they come from some kind of ritual or event caused by another legendary pokemon...

Mitja

Veteran smartass
If the shinto event is any implication....

Perhaps all of the epic legendaries merely reproduce very rarely, like every thousand years etc.
And maybe instead of requiring a second Pokemon, plenty of Unown gather for that role instead.

stoutshako

Pokwmon Detective
most legends can breed, remember lugia,articuno moltres and zapdos. most legends don't die and therefore don't need to breed.
some legends can be created like suicine entei and raikou, some legends may reincarnate just out of nowhere landorus etc.
legends can be created, mewtwo and genesect. celebi is the only legend that can exist in all times and in multiple places at the same time. latias and latios breed together always getting more latios than latias.
moltres and Ho oh can leave the an egg when they are going to die, however is not know that Ho Oh actually died, except for speculations about he being shiny at the beginning of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.