• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do legends breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddlebuns

They find a Pelipper and ask it to bring them an egg that hatches into a copy of themselves.

(Sadly Pelipper is the closest thing to a stork in the Pokemon world)

Falk

I think legends DO hatch from eggs like regular Pokemon. The only reason they can't in-game is because GF wanted to keep the amound of legends down.

I think so too.

+Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos hatched out of eggs in Pokemon Snap.

+Manaphy CAN reproduce, though the offspring will not evolve and remain as a Phione.

Last edited:

coolioness

That is Mahogany!
maybe theyre not real and they dont breed >.>

At first, there was nothing

Then, out of all the chaos of space, time and Dark Energy, there came to be an Egg.

The being hatched from the egg was know as Magikarp.

Magikarp then created the being known as Arceus, from absolutely nothing but pure will, and charged it with bringing order to the Chaos.

And Arceus in turn created 3 great beings, Dailga in charge of Time, Palkia in charge of Space, and Giratina in charge of Dark Energy.

And Dialga and Palkia, working together, created the universe we exist in.

And Magikarp saw that it was good.

Then Magikarp created many other great beings, including Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Nosepass, and others, who were all put in-charge to fill the empty Universe that Dailga and Palkia has created.

Kyogre created the waters, Groudon created the lands, Rayquaza shaped it all into a single body held together by gravitational forces.

And Ho-oh and Lugia AND NOSEPASS created life.

Ho-oh created powerful elemental beings to watch over the land, while Lugia created powerful mystical beings to watch over the waters.

They then created one being together, its name did not survive the test of time, but it had the ability to change, to evolve, to multiply into completely different creatures, and all creatures in this world were once part of this being.

Satisfied with all that is, Magikarp divided into innumerable copies of itself, each copy having no powers of its original self, just to act as a final testimony of its own existence and purpose. These copies were sent into the many great seas and oceans, rivers and lakes of the new world, so that it may forever be remembered by its creations.

And finally, Magikarp saw that all was well.

It finally leaves the completed world, never to return, trusting that its creations would be a great testimony to itself in the new Universe.

This.

Legendaries can breed. They just can't in the games.

PirateBite

First:
At first, there was nothing

Then, out of all the chaos of space, time and Dark Energy, there came to be an Egg.

The being hatched from the egg was know as Magikarp.

Magikarp then created the being known as Arceus, from absolutely nothing but pure will, and charged it with bringing order to the Chaos.

And Arceus in turn created 3 great beings, Dailga in charge of Time, Palkia in charge of Space, and Giratina in charge of Dark Energy.

And Dialga and Palkia, working together, created the universe we exist in.

Then Magikarp created many other great beings, Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and many other great beings, who were all put in-charge to fill the empty Universe that Dailga and Palkia has created.

Kyogre created the waters, Groudon created the lands, Rayquaza shaped it all into a single body held together by gravitational forces.

And Ho-oh and Lugia created life.

Ho-oh created powerful elemental beings to watch over the land, while Lugia created powerful mystical beings to watch over the waters.

They then created one being together, its name did not survive the test of time, but it had the ability to change, to evolve, to multiply into completely different creatures, and all creatures in this world were once part of this being.

Satisfied with all that is, Magikarp divided into innumerable copies of itself, each copy having no powers of its original self, just to act as a final testimony of its own existence and purpose. These copies were sent into the many great seas and oceans, rivers and lakes of the new world, so that it may forever be remembered by its creations.

And finally, Magikarp saw that all was well.

It finally leaves the completed world, never to return, trusting that its creations would be a great testimony to itself in the new Universe.
I thoroughly enjoyed that. :)

Second, I think that the reason we probably won't ever have a true answer for how legends breed is because we're trying to apply OUR world's breeding conventions to these fantastical creatures that, in many cases, simply could not logistically exist in our world.

For example, who says Pokemon mate? Perhaps they just go into the daycare center and a Chansey sneaks in the middle of the night and plants an egg under the lady Pokemon. I mean the daycare man seems to have no idea how the eggs get there.

I would think that in a world where animals can wield elements like weapons and small technological balls somehow capture creatures, conventional mating seems a little...pedestrian given the circumstances. That's just me though.

You see, when a man has accepted feelings for a woman, powerful urge sweeps over him.... [/reference]

I think that their parents give birth them away from people. Like I think that Giratina was born in the real world. I would be cool if the origin forme was the child of the altered forme.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Maybe they implant their offspring in humans like aliens!!!!! jk
They probably just breed outside of captivity b/c for some reason, captivity makes them shy? I don't know, this is a funny thread

My theory is somewhat different than all of yours.

The two Pokémon combine magical powers and an Egg is formed in front of them (Because one Pokémon does not have enough magic power to make life except Arceus.)

That's all there is to it. Same goes for most other Pokémon. However, Manaphy is an exception. It's life magic sucks so it cannot create more Manaphy.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Well, when a mommy and a daddy legendary love each other very much...

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
i think that when a legendary pokemon relieves itself, the feces that is created has so much magical power that they turn into an exact copy of the pooper. They just don't poop much

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
i think that when a legendary pokemon relieves itself, the feces that is created has so much magical power that they turn into an exact copy of the pooper. They just don't poop much

So God is made out of fecal matter?

Wasn't it stated that Pokèballs are power limiters for Pokèmon, explaining why they can be captured by a 10-year old child?

Well, maybe the Legends need full power to reproduce, so they can't mate/whatever they do to reprodduce after being captured.

Of course, they could just be immortal. And the ones that aren't captured probably mate in the Unown world or wherever they live normally.

Hey, maybe there's a universe where Legends live normal lives, like Mt. Olympus in Greek Mythology! And they sometimes get bored and come down to Earth/are forced to by the main villain!

Last edited:

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
Well, maybe they give birth live, so the DCM decides to keep them apart, possibly making them unable to breed...

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
It was proven in "Arceus and the Jewel of Life" that legends come from eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.