• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do legends breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
It is established that (with the exception of manaphy and phione) you cannot breed legendary Pokemon in the games. My question is, if we are thinking of Pokemon like real world animals, how do the legends reproduce? Is it by splitting like amoebas? Do they reproduce like other Pokemon, just not in captivity? Do they reproduce by pollination? Or are they just immortal, making reproduction unnecessary?
As there is a baby lugia in the anime, we can assume that at least one species of legendary Pokemon breeds. Mew also is said to have "given birth" to mewtwo. Arceus is also said to have hatched from an egg. An entei is supposedly "born" every time a volcano erupts. I know that these Pokemon cannot breed in game, I am just asking for your ideas.

Zibdas

not bad
Why would they need to?

Professor Poke

Arceus mates with all the legendary like ditto. That ****.

But I'm pretty sure they breed like other pokemon. They just don't let you do it in game because gamefreak likes to troll players.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Actually, It's said that Arceus creates the new legends, when they either get captured, or grow old. Of course I just read that on Bulbapedia but It works... Besides... Only Celebi has brothers and sisters.(Lati twins also) I'm still trying to figure out how many of each legend there is...o-o EDIT: Oh yeah, Lugias breed with Wailords!(lol, JK) I forgot about the baby lugia...

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Actually, It's said that Arceus creates the new legends, when they either get captured, or grow old. Of course I just read that on Bulbapedia but It works... Besides... Only Celebi has brothers and sisters.(Lati twins also) I'm still trying to figure out how many of each legend there is...o-o

There's shown to be multiple Lugia.

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
It's quite obvious. The legendaries reproduce by spores hidden in the back of their throats.

Zibdas

not bad
It's quite obvious. The legendaries reproduce by spores hidden in the back of their throats.

So if they throw up, lotsa SPAGHETTI legends will appear?

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
It's like laying eggs, only they come out of there mouths! (lol, something tells me this could get closed)

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
So if they throw up, lotsa SPAGHETTI legends will appear?

Yes, once every twenty years, legendaries throw up a cloud of spores, which reacts with the stomach acids that they also throw up, instantly producing eggs, which the legendaries guard until they hatch. Then, the cycle repeats itself.

Being serious, I have no idea.

Zibdas

not bad
Yes, once every twenty years, legendaries throw up a cloud of spores, which reacts with the stomach acids that they also throw up, instantly producing eggs, which the legendaries guard until they hatch. Then, the cycle repeats itself.
o_O
It's like laying eggs, only they come out of there mouths! (lol, something tells me this could get closed)
/disturbed

Or maybe they're like phoenixes! Yanoo, caw! Caw!
Yeah, those. Suicidal fire-breathing birds.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
More like meiosis:p

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I guess they just pop out from nature just like how Entei pops up every time a volcano erupts.

Road

Shiny Master
Why do Legends have to be special? They must hatch from eggs like all other Pokemon, logically speaking. Or poizonsting's idea, that sounds legit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.