• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Do You Build Your In-Game Teams?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I pretty much always have my Starter, the other two types out of Grass, Fire and Water (Water is usually my surfer) and then a Flyer. The other two I usually just pick other Pokémon I like from that region.

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.
In earlier generations, my teams were usually the standard 4 + Surfer, Flyer, and an HM slave in the PC. However, now I usually have my Flyer sitting in the PC and, if I have a physical water attacker (Azumarill, etc.), I'll have the Surfer in there as well.

Generally I build my team on type coverage, both offensively and defensively. For playthroughs, I consider my team a success if it has great offensive type coverage whilst not being frail by any means. I can't ever recall building a themed team, like a Water team, Fire team, etc.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I do the "Ash Ketchum effect" with my teams...

Grass type
Fire type
Water type
Electric type
Flying type
and a random Pokemon

I also teach Surf and Fly to my Water and Flying type member respectively.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Starter(Usually Fire or Water)
Flyer
Random
Random
Random
Random

That's how it is in black.