• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you celebrate Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I'm excited and ready for Halloween - one of my favorite holidays!

If you celebrate, what are your plans for Halloween? Or if these plans seem questionable because of all that's going on with Covid and cancellations and all that, then how do you usually celebrate Halloween?

I usually celebrate (throughout the month of October):

• Decorate the house for Halloween. I don't over do it. Just put a few artificial pumpkins on the porch, some corn stalks, some ghosts, maybe some Halloween themed window clings.
  • Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. I do this every year at some point in October. My favorite characters are the trick or treaters - Lock, Shock, and Barrel.
  • Sit on the porch at my aunt's house and help her with the trick or treaters. My aunt dresses up as a witch every year and I love seeing all the kids costumes! My aunt will even tell the neighborhood kids and their parents a brief ghost story.
  • Visit a spook house.
  • Listen to Halloween themed music. I think I like pretty much all the songs from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack.
  • Of course, dress up in costume!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I usually play Animal Crossing, this time New Horizons.

We usually give treats out to the few kids that come to our place, but I really don't want to do that this year.

Also, because of coinciding events, I will want to look at the blue moon out.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
When I was younger, I would go with my friends trick or treating like most kids do. Now I either take my nephew out or I celebrate at home with those friends

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Just on news site a lots of time. Then watch creepypaste stuff on youtube and read a lore of any horror story that i am was so interesting in ,

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
This year, mine will most likely consist of watching Halloween themed movies and paranormal shows. I have some ghost stories too I need to get caught up on.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I usually celebrate Halloween by watching some family friendly scary movies in the days leading up to Halloween. My personal favorites are: Young Frankenstein, The Addams Family (1991), Addams Family Values, and Hocus Pocus.

Due to the pandemic I doubt I'll be giving out any candy this year.

Last edited:

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
How do I celebrate Halloween? The answer is: like every other day for the most part, which means I do usually have a walk around the town to check if there are some really crazy (in a nice way, I mean) looking people in costume.
This current year however, because of this, there will be another kind of mask around the town.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ah Halloween. A merry day for children to go out, door to door, and get candy. It's a favorite holiday of mine and one that I believe all children should celebrate for the memories. If not this year due to obvious reasons, then the next hopefully.

One day on Halloween sometime in the future, I hope to build my own haunted house and scare the living day lights out of kids mwahahaha... I remember so many adults building pranks on halloween. Groups of kids would see something suspicious and would dare the other kids to go first. Kids saying "You go first!" and "No, you go first!" when something seemed peculiar of a decorated house, usually a jump scare waiting for them. And the costumes, of course the costumes. I remember the costumes well of the 2000s. Darth Maul, Power Rangers, Pokemon, all were of their time of the 2000s. What a joyous day to be a kid in those years.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I usually celebrate Halloween by watching some family friendly scary movies in the days leading up to Halloween. My personal favorites are: Young Frankenstein, The Addams Family (1991), Addams Family Values, and Hocus Pocus.

That's what I usually do - watch Halloween themed movies. Just watched the Nightmare Before Christmas for the second time this month lol. Hocus Pocus is a good one!

Other shows I watch to get me in the spirit of Halloween are paranormal themed shows.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Ah Halloween. A merry day for children to go out, door to door, and get candy. It's a favorite holiday of mine and one that I believe all children should celebrate for the memories. If not this year due to obvious reasons, then the next hopefully.

One day on Halloween sometime in the future, I hope to build my own haunted house and scare the living day lights out of kids mwahahaha... I remember so many adults building pranks on halloween. Groups of kids would see something suspicious and would dare the other kids to go first. Kids saying "You go first!" and "No, you go first!" when something seemed peculiar of a decorated house, usually a jump scare waiting for them. And the costumes, of course the costumes. I remember the costumes well of the 2000s. Darth Maul, Power Rangers, Pokemon, all were of their time of the 2000s. What a joyous day to be a kid in those years.
Oh yeah! Haunted Houses are fun and obviously full of the unexpected. Like, you cautiously go through one part of a haunted house very positive that there is someone behind the corner. You're waiting for someone to jump out. Nothing. And when you least expect it...

On the flip side, one time I volunteered to scare people at a haunted house. I don't think I did a very good job! :p

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
How do I celebrate Halloween? The answer is: like every other day for the most part, which means I do usually have a walk around the town to check if there are some really crazy (in a nice way, I mean) looking people in costume.

This current year however, because of this, there will be another kind of mask around the town.
I love seeing all the different and creative costumes! That's probably one of my favorite things about Halloween.

I've seen some peculiar costumes in the past too. One time, at work, just a few days after Halloween, a guy came into the store in a banana costume. I jokingly said to him, "You do realize Halloween ended 4 days ago?"

Also, probably the most adorable costume I saw was a baby about 1 year, dressed as a chef! He even had his chef hat on!

I don't think I'm going to see too many costumes this Halloween, but I'll still keep an eye out.

Antiyonder

Overlord
Mainly just enjoying candy and marathoning shows that are appropriate for the holiday.

In 2014 it was all of the available Power Rangers episodes either Halloween centered or had a horror type ep (It Came From Angel Grove for example).

Past few years I finally checked out Lewis Lovhaug's (Mainly known as Linkara) Longbox of the Damned (got one of his DVDs with disc exclusive episodes of it and Atop the Fourth Wall which has him covering public domain comics).

Last year during the week and the day after, I marathoned What's New Scooby Doo?, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Little Witch Academia, The Owl House and Gargoyles.

Also barring last year, I tend to get free comics available to pass out with candy. Have to ensure future generations will be corrupted into comic geekdom:-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.