• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you choose your team?

Seth pkmn

My thought process.
Starter:Bulbasaur
Now, whats bulbasaur weak against? Fire, but I can't get a water pokemon yet...Psychic? No dark type pokemon at all... Flying! I know!
Type coverage:Raichu
Now, we need a sweeper
Dugtrio!
Hmmm.... My team is fairly weak so far, how about a tank?
Special tank: Lapras!
So, we got a physical sweeper, a special tank.... what about
Mixed attacker:porygon
Huh, odd No flying pokemon. and what will I do about ice pokemon?
Type coverage:Aerodactyl

Thats how I get my teams.

I could go way more in depth, thinking about natures and moves, items, etc
But that's a simple, yet effective team.

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
I try to cover as many types as possible with the least amount of Pokémons. Exemple:
Blaziken with:
-Flamethrower
-Sky Uppercut
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch

Super Effective on 12 types, 5 types are normally affected.

I either do this, make a team with my favorite Pokes, make a team with the Pokes I hate the most, solo run or monotype run.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Favorites or ones I dont normally use.

Serebii!

I don't put much thought into a team I will multiple Pokemon throughout my journey and switch them around, I choose favourites and use them on my main team

zean44

r.o.c.k. on!
my rival's weakness.if you can defeat your rival,other trainers is not a big problem to you.unless if the pokemon level is low...

pakin

I try to get a variety of types.

I get these types for in-game:

Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Psychic
A good Pokémon with types i don't have yet.

For example, my LeafGreen team:

Charizard
Suicune
Exeggutor
Zapdos
Mewtwo
Tyranitar

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Favorites. Also I try to find Pokemon that cover me from Gary's Pokemon since he is the one always defeating me D:<

Kalosian

So long
I try to make balanced teams with few overlapping types that consist of Pokemon that are useable in some way. I do also always have Surf and Fly covered when it comes to HMs.

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
just good type and move coverage

for example:
Swampert(4x to grass)
Then I`ll need Staraptor
wek to:
to electric(Swampert)
rock(swampert)
ice...swampert can do it and Staraptor has close combat, but
Rock type hits ice types hard(Shell smash crustle)
it is weak to rock and water
rock is covered and now water, so good grass type
Ludicolo or Venusaur
and so on...

WastingLight

My team will always have a fire, water, electric and ground and flying type pokemon and then if I want a sixth it is usually one that I don't often use
Example, my Fire Red team atm.
Magenton
Fearow
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Arcanine

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
I try to not double up on types and pick my team before I start the game. Oh and it needs to have a dragonite in it

Seth pkmn

I try to not double up on types and pick my team before I start the game. Oh and it needs to have a dragonite in it

Heck yea!
Dragonite is amazing, but I've over used him.
Anyway, like your name. And yea, I pretty much do that too. But I usually change when I actually get into game, like in my sig. My original team was gonna have a slowpoke (Not available in fire red ):) and aerodactyl.

golduck#1

Usually Pokemon I like then finish it off with someone I haven't used before. Now I usually just do
Monotypes instead of normal play throughs because it is easier to train your Pokemon that way I feel

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
I got another one too, involving a calculator. I type some random numbers, then I choose to either add, subtract, multiply or divide with another number (sometimes I feel fancy and use the square root of my number), and finally I go check an online pokedex with the number I got and take him on my team. No type duplication, however, is one of my criteria.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I keep a list of all the Pokémon that I want to use at some point, but haven't yet. Picking an appropriate three or four from that list is a simple way for me to decide. Types are only taken into consideration if the team becomes incredibly one-sided.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Usually, my favourites. But battle-wise I make teams that could take on any type.

Silverlight

Retro Gamer
I use favorites. But every time I get a stronger pokemon, another must sadly be kicked off the team lol. My team atm consists of a Nidoking, Arcanine, Gengar, Lapras, Raichu, and Snorlax. Raichu was the only one that was with me from the beginning. I also like to have plenty of variety in my pokemon's move sets.