• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do YOU counter Garchomp... (Discussion and BRAINSTORM!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerxDiana

lol Nice Petal. xD

And AJ... Just because Smogon says something doesn't mean it's the reason we follow it... I'm one who thinks Garchomp is Uber because of everything it has going for it but I think Deoxys-Speed is also Uber with the speed and unpredictability to be unbalanced.

Shadow_Blaze.. You have a nice idea.. then I ran calculations, a max Def/HP Tangrowth takes 52.72-62.13% from a max attack CB Jolly Garchomp. So it doesn't quite work as a counter...

himtay

In a 1 vs. 1 battle this Rattata can almost always beat Garchomp.

Rattata Lv5
Item: focus sash

Endeavor
Quick Attack
??????????
??????????

I know it's not much, but it's all I can think of.

Last edited:

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Blastoise:
Ice Beam

Glaceon:
Blizzard
Ice Beam

Darkrai:
Dark Void
Spacial Rend
Roar Of Time

All Good Moves Against Garchomp..

randomspot555

In a 1 vs. 1 battle this Rattata can almost always beat Garchomp.

Rattata Lv5
Item: focus sash

Endeavor
Quick Attack
??????????
??????????

I know it's not much, but it's all I can think of.

False.

Stealth Rock

Sand storm

Hail.

And a counter has to come into an attack.

GO RATTATA
Garchomp uses (Anything)
Focus sash!
Garchomp attacks again
Rattata dies of a heart attack!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'll say it one more time:
Yache Berry

That is why Ice Beam won't be enough. Also, Glaceon, Darkrai and Blastoise are too vulnerable to be switching in on, say, Outrage.

GarchompHata

I feel sick...
Im tellin ya, MAMOSWINE. Pump Its DEf Like...

Mamoswine@CB
Adamant 216 Def/46 Hp/252 Atk

Ice Shard
Filler
Filler
Filler

SURVIVES OUTRAGE. And Fire Fang. And EQ. And SD. Dont say " Chomp wont stay in!". Gliscor wont stay in on a Scarf Glaceon. Tangrowth wont stay in on a Yanmega. The point of a counter is to FORCE IT OUT. Jeez, people, use your Noggin. Yache chomp will die with a bit of damage on it. 2 layers of spikes + SR.

randomspot555

Blastoise:
Ice Beam

2hko, Blastoise down (Blastoise takes the hit on the switch, then another hit since it's incredibly slow).

Same with Glaceon. Even if it does het a hit off, Yache Berry.

Darkrai? Unstabbed dragon moves aren't really all that great, and it'd have to take tWO hits before getting off one.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I counter Garchomp with my Rayquaza XP
...But before I had him/her/it,I used my Empoleon,Lucky...Though all she knows is Rock Smash,Strength,Metal Claw and Rock-Climb.
I think I used to use Benny,her son,but I traded him (;__; I still miss Benny and I traded him like 2 weeks ago)

goldfan

playing an ish game
Well now I guess I can counter Garchomp with my Flying Type Arceus!

(On Shoddy Battle extended game clause of course)

It's not allowed here or there otherwise

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
i mostly use ice moves to counter chomp'

randomspot555

i mostly use ice moves to counter chomp'

Congratulations on not reading the thread, or even the last page.

XP
...But before I had him/her/it,I used my Empoleon,Lucky...Though all she knows is Rock Smash,Strength,Metal Claw and Rock-Climb.
I think I used to use Benny,her son,but I traded him (;__; I still miss Benny and I traded him like 2 weeks ago)

Empoleon doesn't counter. STAB Earthquake.

poket monster

Cloyster@Leftovers

Relaxed nature

252 HP/252DEF

Ice Shard
Ice beam/Blizzard
Filler
Filler

You can safley switch it on a YacheChomp and kill it.

Chomp uses SD.

I switch to Cloyster there is SR Cloyster lose 25% of its health And restored 6% from Leftovers now Cloyster is at 81%

Chomp use outrage Cloyster lose 66.78% - 78.62% of its health. Cloyster use Ice beam/Blizzard Yache weakend it And Chomp lose like 56% from Ice beam.

Now Chomp is Stuck on Outrage and can't switch you Ice shard it Chomp died.

Last edited:

Shadow_Blaze

Cloyster@Leftovers

Relaxed nature

252 HP/252DEF

Ice Shard
Ice beam/Blizzard
Filler
Filler

You can safley switch it on a YacheChomp and kill it.

Chomp uses SD.

I switch to Cloyster there is SR Cloyster lose 25% of its health And restored 6% from Leftovers now Cloyster is at 81%

Chomp use outrage Cloyster lose 66.78% - 78.62% of its health. Cloyster use Ice beam/Blizzard Yache weakend it And Chomp lose like 56% from Ice beam.

Now Chomp is Stuck on Outrage and can't switch you Ice shard it Chomp died.

not the best strat..YACHE!!!! I dont think a compedent chomp user wouldn't SD...

they would fire blast (to wall break on skarm mostly) and 2HKO you with it or just finish u off with outrage... so yea not very fool-proof plus SR and SS kill it

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Hacked Pokemon!
There's your counter!
Fight fire with fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.