• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you deal with people that make fun of you for play PKMN?

Azureth

I get lots of flack from friends and such. Most are the "The only good ones were R/B/Y, wasn't 150 enough?" or "Pokemon is just for kids, are you a kid?" etc.

Just yesterday when I went with a friend to pick Black 2 up once I picked it out he started laughing saying "You're into kiddie games? Do you really like games for kids?". He went on for about 5 minutes.

How do you deal with it?

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
I only know one man with enough pure concentrated testosterone to challenge the egometer of my tenacity, and he is kind enough to be a seasonal hazard. He happens to "Live" cross county, and visits sporadically to suck up my only visible sustenance for socialization in reality. He displays the typical "LAUGHOUTLOUD I'M TOO OLD" Jive, but is polite enough to ignore me as much as I ignore him daily. I loathe him with every fiber of my being, but thankfully have the leisure of ignoring him freely, as he does not actually live with me.

So how do I deal with it? I go here.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I saw "naw, the videogames are still good" and laugh it off. I can't remember the last time it happened though. Even if they think that of me, at least they won't say it to my face XD

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I just laugh at them for thinking that taunting me will make the slightest bit of difference.

I beat them senselessly with a bat I'm serious (-_-)

People say it now, but they fail to realize that Pokemon is the second biggest game in the world. They can say what they want. :D

Estellise

peachy
I ignore them. Most of them like CoD and Black Ops, so it's not like their video game taste is "better" than mine.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
*CoughIRipTheirBodyApartUsingOnlyATeaSpoonCough*

I either smile and ask if they play mindless shooting games like CoD, which normally shuts them up.

Or enter into a friendly but firmly discussion that you should not judged people on what they like, but on what the person themselves is like.

abdulmuhsee

Play Pokemon privately and don't advertise it. If all of your friends feel that way, why would you plan to pick up Black 2 when you're with one of them?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Oddly, I play Pokemon openly in school and am usually never bothered. When I am, I just point out that Pokemon is the best-selling JRPG ever, and that to dismiss its existence because of its atmosphere is pure ignorance.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
I usually just change the subject. if they really taunted me i would be like, "I have my hobbies, you have yours. i don't judge yours, so why should you judge mine?"

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
I say its better than COD

It is better than COD. It reminds me of that Scumbag Steve Picture: "All Pokemon games are the same!" Buys every single COD game. Sure I haven't been made fun of it, and I know some friends with the same interest, but people are too busy playing those stupid war games where every 5 minutes there's this random 5-year old, and it's like the only Pokemon they know is Pikachu! And, COD gets repetitive. "Oh, we have to win this war! Quick! Kill these zombies that show up for no apparent reason whatsoever!" Eventually, they'll have to make up wars because they have no wars to base the game out of. I can see it now:"Call of Duty: Cold War Edition" (Google if you don't get it)! Gamefreak can create new Pokemon. They can create new regions and gyms. But you have to start a war to make a game based on a war. And nobody wants a Holocaust repeat. Plain and simple.

I agree with you, YokoKurama. Pokemon is the 2nd biggest franchise. If people want to say it's for babies, that's fine. But, again, would you rather have a game that's calm, and sort of teaches about friendship and has a fun, kid-friendly aspect, or do you want to play a game that makes you want to strangle the 5-year old that's crying over a game that he probably shouldn't be playing. It's their choice.

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
Call of Duty isn't just the same in terms of concept, it's the same in terms of mechanics. Every last game of late has been using the exact same engine, with all the same bugs, glitches and problems. Why? Because the company doesn't care. It's the same thing with John Madden Football and Guitar/DJ hero. Same engine, different rosters/maps/songs. It's all just an intensive ploy to exploit the masses for profit.

I only know this because my best friend used to be into that kind of thing. As I said before, only one man has enough will to challenge the idea that I play Pokemon, and he is my best friend's family friend. Who plays COD.

Like I said, I go here. It's the best form of ignorance = bliss.

Last edited:

Pokemon Robot

Fighting n Steel ftw
I chase them down and kill them. XD JK. The truth is that you aren't supposed to care what others think of you if it's bad.

I hate people that are obcessed with COD and hate pokemon. Xbox steals young gamers from the wonders of nintendo. COD is a fish btw XD....

What is the first btw? Imo Pokemon should be.

Oh, it's mario.... : /

Well, at least we know Nintendo is the best COMPANY.

Last edited: