• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you deal with people that make fun of you for play PKMN?

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
this makes me laugh cuz they don't even know what they r talking about
it's not like they know what is the real pokemon

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
this makes me laugh cuz they don't even know what they r talking about
it's not like they know what is the real pokemon

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I make fun of the games they play

ECM

I just don't care. I can think of at least 5 people my around my age that still play the new games, so either we're all really strange or we just don't care and do what we like. One girl told me I was too old to play. I asked if she was too old to watch the Little Mermaid. She stopped bothering me after that. You just gotta be yourself. If you like to play Pokémon, then play it.

Ampy

Light The Stars
If it's some random person I ignore them. If it's one of my friends I laugh at them for playing their shallow shooters :p

I've never been bullied from it, just teased by my friends. Since all my friends tend to be pretty sarcastic towards each other, I honestly laugh when I'm teased. If someone was legitimately making fun of me I doubt I'd even listen to them. I tend to block out negative people which I suppose is kind of wrong, but it keeps animosity away.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
It is better than COD. It reminds me of that Scumbag Steve Picture: "All Pokemon games are the same!" Buys every single COD game. Sure I haven't been made fun of it, and I know some friends with the same interest, but people are too busy playing those stupid war games where every 5 minutes there's this random 5-year old, and it's like the only Pokemon they know is Pikachu! And, COD gets repetitive. "Oh, we have to win this war! Quick! Kill these zombies that show up for no apparent reason whatsoever!" Eventually, they'll have to make up wars because they have no wars to base the game out of. I can see it now:"Call of Duty: Cold War Edition" (Google if you don't get it)! Gamefreak can create new Pokemon. They can create new regions and gyms. But you have to start a war to make a game based on a war. And nobody wants a Holocaust repeat. Plain and simple.

I agree with you, YokoKurama. Pokemon is the 2nd biggest franchise. If people want to say it's for babies, that's fine. But, again, would you rather have a game that's calm, and sort of teaches about friendship and has a fun, kid-friendly aspect, or do you want to play a game that makes you want to strangle the 5-year old that's crying over a game that he probably shouldn't be playing. It's their choice.

I agree with you fully on that statement

Meeker

It needs a fence.
I haven't had to deal with it, as I keep to myself. I only talk about pokemon around those who either don't care if I like it, or play it themselves. I guess you could say I play it in secrecy if you want. I would probably say who cares about your opinion, so piss off.

I'm really bothered by the intolerant gamers of today's generation. People can play what they want to, no matter what you say.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
Luckily, all of my friends like Pokémon, but we do get teased occasionally. When we do, I just say that if they knew Pokémon well enough, they would like it too. And then I tell my friends that it's either that, or they all secretly like it too but just don't want to admit they like it when us girls do too.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
If someone says "Ha ha! You play Pokemon!" I reply with "So?"

Well I don't know what I'll do, it depends on what they say. I guess I'd mostly ignore them.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
"I'm not rubbing it in your face and I can understand your opinion so are we on fair terms now?."

zozo

SLIMED!
If they're just joking around, I point out something stupid that they seem to enjoy and razz them about it for a bit. Then we both laugh and go about our lives as normal.

Or, if they're seriously questioning my enjoyment of the game:

I start explaining the game mechanics to them.

That shuts them up in one heck of a hurry. AND ensures that they'll never open the subject again. :p

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I start explaining the game mechanics to them.

That shuts them up in one heck of a hurry. AND ensures that they'll never open the subject again. :p

That's what I did when I was in high school :D

Now that I'm uni it's quite funny as there's quite a lot of us that play the games.

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
because im a girl im picked on about it all the time and then i say its the 2nd biggest game franchise and i dont pick on you for what you like so why do it too me? so tshut the F*** up stick a straw in your little juicebox and suck it. then i feel better