• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do YOU decide what goes in your team?

Which thing decides your team?

• Power

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Strategy

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Looks

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Do you pick your Pokemon team based on power, a certain strategy or looks?

Personally, I pick my favourites, which tends to be based around looks more than anything.

Alakazam-Always been a fan of Abra(kept it that form for the Colour and Metal generations), and so he's got a special spot on my team.

Machamp-Always liked the way Machop looked...again, Machamp is a celebrationary Pokemon.

Shiftry-Nuzleaf's another of my favourites, so Shiftry stayed.

Wobbuffet-Before I realised this thing was Uber, I decided to level it up as it seemed like a tough challenge. I fell in love with it after seeing Jessie's one too.

Snorlax-Another favourite from the colour generation. I love lazy Pokemon(Abra, Snorlax...Wobbuffet doesn't attack first ever)

Feraligatr-Feraligatr's an odd one. I forgot about him when Ruby and Sapphire came out, and decided to go with Ludiculo instead. I wasn't able to use Ludiculo very well tho(shame...amusing battler/dancer on the 3D games) and so when Feraligatr appeared, I remembered how much I loved my old one. Then he stuck.

What about you guys?

Last edited:

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
Other. I do a bit of all, tbh, although sometimes I just try things I haven't before, like Rhydon in Yellow.

Volteon

Back I guess??
More based in strategy, covering weakness each other and using good Pokémon. I also try using some of my favorites, like Jolteon and Lapras.

Encyclopika

The Queen
I picked other because it depends on what for.
If I'm going to beat the Elite 4 for the first time, I usually get all my strongest together so I can just get them out of the way.
If it's for traveling around, it usually depends where and then I bring along guys that need training.
If Battle Frontier, I bring along my strongest favorites and play around. :p

I have an AR so I pick a team of Pokemon that I would fancy trying to complete the game with. (I may go easy and choose some ubers, I may try a monotype team, or I may give myself a challenge and see how far I can get with a team of Pokes such as Spearow, Marrep, Lotad, Kirlia, Slowpoke and Paras (not ecolving them of course)). So, since I have any Pokemon at any level at my disposal, I simply choose Pokes I have not used much.

N

Neon Lite

Every time I start the game over, I decide to go with a different roster, and the team is often divided into six different types; Fire, Water, Electricity, Grass, and two other types, most preferably any of them that float my boat.

jirachiken

lots of luv!
I do a bit of a combination. I train my faves just because their strong. I train some because of beauty, and others *coughTyranitarcough* because of their bad*** looks.

E

Evanji Axu

I pick my favorites, which are usually based on looks, or something for which I have a really good nickname (i.e. Leon the Blastoise). I'm also a sucker for sweepers.

Power. If they arn't power full they get put in the day care and then they get traded to emarald. And If they've fainted more than 10 times they get kicked oud and get replaced

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
I put other, but I use everything.
Mostly on power, lv, hp, trust, and whats next in the adventure.
When I say trust, I mean, how much I like the pokemon, and how long its been with me. Sometimes when I look at the pokemon on the game, and I am going to deposite it, I get this feeling in my gut that I shouldn't do it.
Weird huh?

ESP

ESP Used Psychic
I usually just pick a few of my favorites and the others usually depend on what i'm doing.

I marked 'Other' Cause I combine all three. Like, some of my favorets arnt all that strong, but they make it on, but some pokemon I dont lik eget on BECAUSE their strong ,and then they end up some of my favorets.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I usually attempt to strategize, but in the end, I just end up picking six Pokemon of various types that I think look cool and load them down with four, different type attack moves. W00t for crappy sweepers. =P

My Emerald team: Sceptile, Lugia, Latios, Manectric, Ninetales, Flygon

~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

Status
Not open for further replies.