• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you decide which Pokemon to put on your final team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Ledian

Rule 1. No Legendaries
Rule 2. No Starters

My Current Team is Manectric, Arcanine, Shuckle, Hariyama, Gyarados, Sandslash. Mostly I just grab as many wild pokemon as I can beating the games and bring them back to the Iv man in emerald and if he says it's good or I see it's a rare one with the right nature It gets a chance.

If I like it after testing it out, I breed until it's WO, effort train, Reaches level 50 and then Give it a day at the BF. If it can't make the cut it goes back in a box to be used to help breed other pokemon and give them egg moves or someone wants to battle me and they don't have a game with them. (I'm trying to be my own battle factory) Once I like it I give it a good name and level it up to the level of the others.

L

Lleyr

I usually keep to the simple formula of fire, water, grass, electric, steel/ground/rock, and normal. Legendaries aren't used unless my team has less than five pokemon under level 50 all-around. I don't train my favorites (I can't really decide permanently what those are, anyhow), since the point of the game is winning... despite the fact that anything can beat the CPUs. P:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I usually never ditch my starter, but only because they're all fairly good Pokemon. I always plan out my teams before I start a new game. I try to use monsters I haven't used in the past, but sometimes I'll just throw in old favorites because they're fun or necessary to fill a gap. Basically only four things go into consideration:

1. Have I used them before?
2. Who will have what HMs?
3. Type Balance
4. Do their STATs work with what I need them to do.

Every once in a while, I'll do a theme line-up, where I don't have to think about what I'll use. For instance, two games ago in Leafgreen, I used my rival's team. And this run through Sapphire, I'm using Ash's team from the Hoenn saga.

Pika Princess, don't bump old threads.

*closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.