• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Avatar is a much better story and is a american cartoon(Western cartoons are more childish than animes).

You know there are anime for children, right?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Yeah? That's my point? Western castoons for children are lighter than animes for children.

Different nations. Different standards.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Nah, Naruto and One Piece are leagues above Pokémon Adventures. Anyway, the writers do not seem to be interested in making the anime a better anime.

One Piece...okay I give you that. Not that great of a story but world-building is top. Naruto on the other hand beame more and more bullshit and with Shippuuden it became a mess. Filler after every canon arc which are as long, shitty character writing, filler, stupid plot twist, filler, bad animation and even more filler. Pokemon isn't really better, but definitely not Naruto Shippuuden tier.

Jeal

One Piece...okay I give you that. Not that great of a story but world-building is top. Naruto on the other hand beame more and more bullshit and with Shippuuden it became a mess. Filler after every canon arc which are as long, shitty character writing, filler, stupid plot twist, filler, bad animation and even more filler. Pokemon isn't really better, but definitely not Naruto Shippuuden tier.
You are right about the anime, but shoz99 mentioned just ''Naruto'', not necessarily the anime Naruto. And if we are talking about Naruto before Shippuden, Naruto is much better, every support characters got a good and emotional backstory, good fights, amazing
characterization. Adventures is cool, but definitely it's not a masterpiece. The strong points of Adventures are the final chapters of each saga and the writing in battles, everything else is just okay(obviously due to fact following the games's plot).

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Storyline idea:

During a video phone conversation with his mom, Ash finds out from her that Giovanni, the boss of Team Rocket, is his father. The TRio overhears this, and upon learning they've been trying to steal from the boss's kid all this time, the TRio confronts the boss, and by the end of the conversation they mutually agree for the TRio to leave Ash and his friends alone. This would be a good way to write them out of the series. Outside of Ash and Pikachu, they are the only major characters from the OS still active in the series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
Storyline idea:

During a video phone conversation with his mom, Ash finds out from her that Giovanni, the boss of Team Rocket, is his father. The TRio overhears this, and upon learning they've been trying to steal from the boss's kid all this time, the TRio confronts the boss, and by the end of the conversation they mutually agree for the TRio to leave Ash and his friends alone. This would be a good way to write them out of the series. Outside of Ash and Pikachu, they are the only major characters from the OS still active in the series.

Not that this is a bad idea, but it feels way too conclusive for the anime. And while this may be an unpopular opinion, I don't think the Rocket-dan should leave the series. I think they've become too integrated into the anime at this point, and I'd miss their absence in Gen VIII's saga.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I would have rather had Misty stay as a main character than TR, so that much more screen time could have been given to Teams Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, Flare and Skull in their respective regions.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I would rather had the companions/classmates and the game protagonists being the main characters than Ash, so that much more screen time could have given to them in their respective regions. This is my extreme opinion even though the Ash fans wouldn't like it.

But knowing the anime producers, it would never happen because like Leonhart wrote, he along with Pikachu are too integrated into the anime and franchise. So the only ways to get what people want are fanfictions but not everyone is paying attention to them.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
As I said Rica can't voice Ash forever. Decades ago it was fashionable to recast voice roles for characters who have been voiced by the same VA for a long time. It still is to an extent, but only for characters around since the early sound era of film like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse. Newer characters after their VAs die or quit are never put into new media again. Ash would have to be written out as he only dates to 1997. So he will eventually win a League.

There are very few exceptions in both cases. A Pikachu could still be a central character but the new protag's Pikachu would probably not be voiced by Ikue Otani since she is too closely associated with the one belonging to Ash.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
As I said Rica can't voice Ash forever. Decades ago it was fashionable to recast voice roles for characters who have been voiced by the same VA for a long time. It still is to an extent, but only for characters around since the early sound era of film like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse. Newer characters after their VAs die or quit are never put into new media again. Ash would have to be written out as he only dates to 1997. So he will eventually win a League.

There are very few exceptions in both cases. A Pikachu could still be a central character but the new protag's Pikachu would probably not be voiced by Ikue Otani since she is too closely associated with the one belonging to Ash.
reminder that masako nozawa has been voicing goku since 1985, she's in her early 80s now

Kintaro

Banned
And if Goku's Japanese VA ever dies, they'll surely replace her with a new Goku voice. The Dragonball franchise is eternal and won't stop after she passes away. Even if Super stops there's new videogames/merch forever.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
And if Goku's Japanese VA ever dies, they'll surely replace her with a new Goku voice. The Dragonball franchise is eternal and won't stop after she passes away. Even if Super stops there's new videogames/merch forever.
I assume it'll most likely be the same with the Pokemon Anime as well. I honestly can't see it ever ending now .

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Storyline idea:

No it wouldn't....
Giovanni obviously wouldn't give a **** if Ash was his kid
And that is just a terrible way of writing off the TRio in general. Doesn't give any conclusion to their story at all
I'd rather they stay until the end of time rather than get a half-assed excuse to write them off. The current era of Team Rocket needs to end for one, Giovanni either dies, disbands the organization(Which I don't think Anime Giovanni would do, he seems to like the morales his game counterpart has), or gets arrested... and Team Rocket as an org can stay, just let Archer or Pierce take over while the TRio retire and get some conclusion to their story that fits their characters.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
If the Team Rocket trio's story must end, it would be them turning good and abandoning the Team Rocket organization.

That would require them to see Giovanni as the evil man he is rather than the boss they want him to be.

Or Ash decisively defeating Giovanni in battle, and Giovanni disbanding the Team Rocket organization out of shame and hulimation.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Because Satoshi is Red of ani universe......danm it if shudõ or someones in his team had a ball to use generation 1 games plot in the Pokemon os era !
Ash decisively defeating Giovanni in battle, and Giovanni disbanding the Team Rocket organization out of shame and hulimation.

fawfulmark2

I thought this to be the case for nigh a decade myself up until Gen 6 soft retconned it so that EVERY Pikachu has Otani's voice in the games. As for the discontinuation of VAs, the only major animated franchise I recall that hard retires characters after a VA passes is The Simpsons.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
You are right about the anime, but shoz99 mentioned just ''Naruto'', not necessarily the anime Naruto. And if we are talking about Naruto before Shippuden, Naruto is much better, every support characters got a good and emotional backstory, good fights, amazing
characterization. Adventures is cool, but definitely it's not a masterpiece. The strong points of Adventures are the final chapters of each saga and the writing in battles, everything else is just okay(obviously due to fact following the games's plot).

Original Naruto was decent, but everything after it except Pain arc and maybe the Immortal arc was just garbage, including the 90 filler episodes between Naruto and Shippuuden.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Sword and Shield should include more episodes that tackle serious issues and/or are topical.

We've never seen an episode of Pokemon tackling drug abuse before. Other kids' shows have done it dating back to the 1980s.