• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

D

Deleted member 384931

The problem I see with that is we clearly see the Grass Leader using Dynamax, and we can assume that Gym is pretty early on. The only Gym Leader to use a Mega was Korrina, so the anime had no problem sidestepping around the mechanic. But Dynamax seems to have a heavier focus on battle, so I’m not sure how they’re going to handle this.
Or how Ash will handle it: I mean you can give Ash no Mega, but fighting against giant pokemon is another thing

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash will go to Galar with a train and who will he meet here? (wink, wink)

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I’m thinking Sonia could end up as the female companion, solely for the fact that it’s a bit unclear as to if the opposite gender protagonists will be characters. The Direct did mention Hop was one of our rivals, so time will tell.

D

Deleted member 384931

I’m thinking Sonia could end up as the female companion, solely for the fact that it’s a bit unclear as to if the opposite gender protagonists will be characters. The Direct did mention Hop was one of our rivals, so time will tell.
But Ash did not travel with a rival before. Could be interesting! I have tbh no idea how they will handle Ash, I think more serious and keeping Rotom of course

SkyTheMagicalSpiritualFox

A wild Fairy type Angel Unicorn appeared
Cannot wait to see if beware travels with Team Rocket to galar seeing it in the trailer and as a giant O_O

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I see they de age the assitant and travel with ash with rotom dex ,there we have 3 main character in the group

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I hope that Ash has a mixed team this time

What does that even mean? I don't think his team will be that much different from how it's set up now, though. He'll have at least one Starter and probably the regional bird again this time, though.

Pokegirl Fan~

If S&S is like DP/XY and Ash acts like those versions of himself, she definitely can come back. Shouldn't Kalos be close to Galar technically?
There's no guarantee that the next series will be like DP/XY and it shouldn't be like it anyways. It should be it's own thing and not copy off of another series; it just comes off as extremely lazy and it wouldn't interest me at all if it's like either series.

Epicocity

There's no guarantee that the next series will be like DP/XY and it shouldn't be like it anyways. It should be it's own thing and not copy off of another series; it just comes off as extremely lazy and it wouldn't interest me at all if it's like either series.
When they say "like" I'm sure they mean in the interest of matching the tone, that is to say a more competitive region and series when it comes to battles, which means a more focused and serious Ash. And there's quite a bit to suggest it could be. SM matched the atmosphere that Alola had in the games, but that kind of atmosphere wouldn't match the kind we seem to be seeing coming out of Sword and Shield.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
If S&S is like DP/XY and Ash acts like those versions of himself, she definitely can come back. Shouldn't Kalos be close to Galar technically?
I remembered when ORAS came out, people expected May would come out in XY anime because of the relation between the Gen 6 games, but they gave us Steven and Sawyer instead. I would assume if they're going to promote Kalos or XY again in SwSh, they probably going to make Diantha and an original rival from Kalos instead of Serena?