• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Kintaro

Banned
Serena only had 3 Pokémon, May and Dawn had 7, so it’s obvious why there were more varied appeals back then, even if the animation wasn’t as good especially in the AG era. XY’s animation just made everything look more impressive. Same reason DP’s appeals looked better than AG’s because they used CG effects in them to make them stand out more. It’s obvious the animation was improving every passing saga so naturally things looked better as they went on.

Likewise Serena was a dancer and performer, Dawn was a mix of performer/battler, and May just felt like a straight up battler who wound up doing Contests even though she KO’d most of her opponents as if she were battling in Gyms. They even bring up this plot point in late AG which is why she left.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dream Lad said:
That's because they haven't done anything as cool as battles. Pokemon Racing or Pokemon Football/Soccer (any sport) would do just that.

We had a Pokemon version of soccer in the 13th movie, and it'd be a nice callback if the Galar saga expanded on that by reintroducing Pokemon Baccer as a main character's goal.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oooh, oooh, idea. They should have a companion who wants to make a complete map of the Wild Area. Gives a perfectly valid excuse for Ash and co. to not use the taxis just like they don't use Fly.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I dunno, someone drawing a map of the wild area sounds kinda boring for a goal. Cartology doesn't seem like something that the anime can make into a fun hobby.

Kintaro

Banned
The Wild area is basically a glorified Safari Zone. I don't see how its any different than all those fillers Ash and the gang visit all those nature preserves with all pokemon in the mountains/fields in all the sagas. Goodra's swamp in XY was also an example of this. Besides that even temporary pokemon is nothing new, that's what the ride pokemon in SM are where the group ride on them but don't technically own them.

For the most part, it's looking like the female companion will probably just be another Gym leader companion. That's what the writers do when they don't have a real goal from the games to use from the gen. I just hope if we do get another Misty/Iris type character, they keep her interesting and utilize her better the whole saga.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I do wonder if max raid battles will be showcased

Can't see why they wouldn't.

It's not like it'd be much different than when Ash and his friends/rivals/etc team up to face a strong opponent.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've thought about how the anime might handle the Wild Area and whether the writers will even put emphasis on it if it appears in the Galar saga since they could easily ignore it or treat it as a typical biosphere. My hope is that it'll be portrayed as a nature preserve however, and that Satoshi and his friends will cross through it multiple times while they travel from town to town.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A story arc idea I had was having Ash framed for a crime and he spends several episodes as a fugitive while trying to clear his name.

SatoSereFan224888

How about this idea? I got the idea from looking at this fake poster that looks real.
dda409p-1e02e705-51ad-42de-9044-ee0080f19c8f.png

Ash gives up on his dream and leaves Pikachu behind along with his PokeBall. The female trainer finds Pikachu abandoned and feels bad for him. Later on, she heads to a pub. Ash is there, depressed ordering a shot of Daniel Jack's Galarian Whisky. The girl sees Ash ordering the booze. She doesn't think that depression and alcohol. Also Pikachu runs up to Ash, very mad for abandoning him.

Red and Blue

How about this idea? I got the idea from looking at this fake poster that looks real.
dda409p-1e02e705-51ad-42de-9044-ee0080f19c8f.png

Ash gives up on his dream and leaves Pikachu behind along with his PokeBall. The female trainer finds Pikachu abandoned and feels bad for him. Later on, she heads to a pub. Ash is there, depressed ordering a shot of Daniel Jack's Galarian Whisky. The girl sees Ash ordering the booze. She doesn't think that depression and alcohol. Also Pikachu runs up to Ash, very mad for abandoning him.
Sure why not?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Redstar45

Let's use @TheWanderingMist 's idea and go through SM again except with Lillie as the main character this time for the next series.
No thank you! as i hate the Lile's character now in the Pokemon anime show and special manga and the games!

Redstar45

Could you imagine Lillie haters/Serena fans popping a blood vessel if she goes to Galar
Hey that not nice ....okay i am cool with lile's fans not her character though

Redstar45

Oh I was completely joking, sorry if you took offense to that. It wasn’t @ you.
It is cool and even i had issues with how writers treated Satoshi and his cast of traveling friends even in os era anime and ag/dppt/bw-xyz!