• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I wouldn't mind if the Galar Pokegirl gets a central role instead of her ending up as another cheerleader for Ash.

I do think that the next girl companion should have a bigger purpose in the cast. Out of the current female companions in SM, none of them really stands out to me except maybe Lilie, although she's constantly sharing the spotlight with Suiren and Mao. So getting back to basics by having only one female companion who gets more attention to herself like Hikari and Haruka did would be a nice compromise.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Could you imagine Lillie haters/Serena fans popping a blood vessel if she goes to Galar
Eh...as a Serena fan who I'm satisfied for her to have a "better" place/outcome in a my fanfic, I don't really care if Lillie does go to Galar, although I do admit I was disappointed that she didn't get a special or a cameo in SM, which was replaced by Misty & Brock twice instead. Feels bad for the other Serena fans who really beg for the writers though.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
How about this idea? I got the idea from looking at this fake poster that looks real.

Ash gives up on his dream and leaves Pikachu behind along with his PokeBall. The female trainer finds Pikachu abandoned and feels bad for him. Later on, she heads to a pub. Ash is there, depressed ordering a shot of Daniel Jack's Galarian Whisky. The girl sees Ash ordering the booze. She doesn't think that depression and alcohol. Also Pikachu runs up to Ash, very mad for abandoning him.
Sounds like character assassination. I hate Ash and even I find this no better than the Ash Betrayal fic fetish the young writers of the fandom have.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Sounds like character assassination. I hate Ash and even I find this no better than the Ash Betrayal fic fetish the young writers of the fandom have.
Lol, it could work well if Ash was middle aged and blew up all his fortunes, like Frank West from Dead Rising, but as minor drinking alcohol is a big NoNo.

MockingJ

Banned
I don't think Ash will give up on his dreams and I've read alot of ideas about him becoming a mentor to the next protagonist, but those are all fan fic quality theories that depend on him actually growing up, which will never happen..

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't think Ash will give up on his dreams and I've read alot of ideas about him becoming a mentor to the next protagonist, but those are all fan fic quality theories that depend on him actually growing up, which will never happen..
Well writer has changed anime writings nowday so who know what they're going to up within the Pokemon anime show few month or so.

SatoSereFan224888

I do think that the next girl companion should have a bigger purpose in the cast. Out of the current female companions in SM, none of them really stands out to me except maybe Lilie, although she's constantly sharing the spotlight with Suiren and Mao. So getting back to basics by having only one female companion who gets more attention to herself like Hikari and Haruka did would be a nice compromise.
I agree. I think Ash should be her tutor. Ash would make a great teacher. Plus Ash won't compete in the league or even battle the gyms. He's now a tutor instead of a trainer.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I do wonder if max raid battles will be showcased

Oh they will, how often is the question though.
I don't really see the point of it in the anime though since the whole premise of max raids is to catch the Pokemon for your team. And a character needing help to catch something doesn't sit well at all, it should be all on their own!

I could make an exception if they go the disobedient route for the Pokemon though, it'd be nice to see the Pokegirl struggle with a Pokemon again instead of getting it easy. I don't like Iris but at least she had to work with Excadrill! Serena and Lillie/Lana were on easy mode

Like Drednaw, it's already hard to raise! If she didn't catch it on her own, it sure ain't going to respect her lol

Could you imagine Lillie haters/Serena fans popping a blood vessel if she goes to Galar

Haven't we Mallow fans suffered enough?

Um, I don't think most those people are actually young at all. It seems more of a mix, still a pretty stupid fetish though. That and 'smart badass aura powered Ash!' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
As long as we don’t have to sit through another school setting, or watch Ash only half fill his team again when he intends on entering a league at the end, then I don’t mind what happens with anyone else..

The girl could carry a stick and herd Wooloo for all I care, ending the region with 30 of them following the group around.

Rune Knight

How would you think they'll go about naming the series?

Will they just play it generic and name it after the games, ex; Pokemon Sword & Shield.

Or will they do like AG and Best Wishes (which in way is a play on Black & White) and be original?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
How would you think they'll go about naming the series?

Will they just play it generic and name it after the games, ex; Pokemon Sword & Shield.

Or will they do like AG and Best Wishes (which in way is a play on Black & White) and be original?
We should get an original name like we did in Best Wishes and Battle Frontier. I’m tired of them taking the exact names of games. At least they had proper sense renaming it Best Wishes instead of Black and White unlike the dub. We need a banger from Rica Matsumoto as well!

Emelie

Bookworm
I always thought it was funny how the Black and White series was named Best Wishes. For once the games had meaningful names but they decided not to use them. What is even more ironic is that the farewell episode of BW when they actually said this phrase, is generally regarded as the most mediocre farewell episode...

However if they can come up with a cool and meaningful new name for the Sword and Shield anime I would be OK with it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gen82 said:
Since there are a lot Stadiums on the map I think they will bring back the mini tournaments from Best Wishes.

I figure that the stadiums will be the locations of the Gyms, at least judging by how the stadiums are portrayed in the games. I wouldn't mind more mini tournaments however since those were some of the best moments of Best Wishes, and I'd love to see the writers go back to focusing on those in the Galar saga.

SatoSereFan224888

No he wouldn't. He's way too inconsistent to teach anyone anything of actual value given that he had to go to school himself in the Alola saga (and he barely learned anything)
But he would be around 20 years old, not in his teens.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
But he would be around 20 years old, not in his teens.
Let it go. The producers would make him 10 forever until the franchise dies. I know you're upset that there's no conclusion about Ash's journey but that's how it is.

SatoSereFan224888

Let it go. The producers would make him 10 forever until the franchise dies. I know you're upset that there's no conclusion about Ash's journey but that's how it is.
Yeah. You’re right. I guess replacing Ash would be considered sacrilege. So many fans grew up watching his adventures.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Since the anime is so averse to using game rivals, I have a few rivals I want to see: the elitist snob who dismisses the threat anyone may bring while still being hyper competent, the fanboy who finally is old enough to participate in these competitions and sees Ash as a threat to his own dream, and a guy who is pressured to do this because of expectation rather than out of real desire.

I honestly want to see the last one the most. I don't think we've had a reluctant rival who is doing everything to appease a stage parent/win a parent's love and approval. It would be interesting to see where that would go.