• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

JC317

The writers need to do start introducing the villains much earlier in the saga and actually have them do serious things. They tried that with Team Skull in the Sun and Moon saga by having them appear in the 2nd episode, but then they totally ruined that by making them into the Three Stooges. We need serious villain plots, not comedy crap.

A reminder that Team Magma did appear in the 2nd episode of AG, while Team Aqua appeared later in the 17th episode of AG. In addition, they were doing serious stuff in their debut, such as kidnapping a Professor to enter ancient ruins as well as infiltrating the Devon Corporation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
The writers need to do start introducing the villains much earlier in the saga and actually have them do serious things. They tried that with Team Skull in the Sun and Moon saga by having them appear in the 2nd episode, but then they totally ruined that by making them into the Three Stooges. We need serious villain plots, not comedy crap.

In defense of the Skull-dan, I feel like they were handled that way simply because they were comedic villains in the games as well. So their portrayal in the anime was accurate, although I do hope that the villainous team in Galar isn't a complete joke like the Skull-dan have been.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, we got some new info today, including rivals Bede and Marnie, and Marnie's obsessive fans Team Yell.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Nope, they ruined it in completely other ways.
1. 20-30 episode gaps between appearances
2. Establishing a rivalry with the TRio, but literally doing nothing with it!
3. Making the TRio do random **** like usual, instead of the team who was literally constructed to do just that!

The three stooges were great, and so is ya boi Guzma and Plumeria. Team Skull just needed more appearances then they got, and more interactions with the TRio

Zoruagible

Not looking forward to Team Yell if they’re going to be handled like Skull was

I'm not looking forward to them because it feels too soon for another 'comedic' villain group. We literally just had one
Like how Team Flare was, another serious group after the best villain team we'll probably ever have! Just made their terrible plot feel even worse!
Not to mention, this is the third gen in a row that the villain team is doing random ****. Team Yell and Hopp are the only characters I'm not feeling at all so far, they just seem too similar to stuff we've had

Oh yeah.... and they literally just stole Team Skull's colors, and threw in red. So original!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Not looking forward to Team Yell if they’re going to be handled like Skull was

Going to give them the same chance as Team Skull.

If they develop out of their toxic behaviour and recognize the crap they've done by the end of the series, then it's going to be good. There are actually quite many possibilities they can do with them and their them being directly tied to Marnie makes them have a lot more potential than Team Skull.

If not and they end up as badly written as Team Skull, then I am done.

DatsRight

I wouldn't mind a compromise villain team. Maybe one that is comedic but still manages to be a threat. The anime usually has problems keeping that balance (when they were mandated to make Team Rocket amusing again they slowly lost all their competence again too).

I'd also like more bad guy fights that keep that compromise too. We keep getting curb stomps on either side really, either the villain is a jobber who doesn't land a single hit or the heroes are completely outmatched by them until a DEM stops them, after a while it feels like the bad guys fail to give the heroes much of an agency. I kinda appreciate BW for getting some solid even handed fights with 'serious TR' sometimes, ones where the heroes won legit but were made to struggle to show the bad guys were dangerous. Even in DA and Season one of XY TR still could make the twerps sweat for a victory sometimes. If they did that with Team Rocket why not the new villain team?

Concerning writing direction, I think SM has been very rough around the edges, but it did have some good ideas and was a really fresh take on the show after years of formula. I doubt Galar will be a retread, but I wouldn't mind it inheriting and refining upon some of its direction while maybe adding some new ideas of its own.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Going to give them the same chance as Team Skull.

If they develop out of their toxic behaviour and recognize the crap they've done by the end of the series, then it's going to be good. There are actually quite many possibilities they can do with them and their them being directly tied to Marnie makes them have a lot more potential than Team Skull.

If not and they end up as badly written as Team Skull, then I am done.

Team Skull was good, all of them were misfits and outcasts. Tupp and Guzma definitely are
Team Yell just feels the opposite; They're just crazy fans doing crazy/possibly illegal stuff simply because...?

Maybe Team Rocket gets to do stuff again since Team Yell obviously won't. That's the only good thing I'd say that can come of this, though hopefully Butch and Cassidy do the operations again instead of Matori. It'd be sick as heck if Butch had Galar Weezing and Cassidy had Galar Arbok(Assuming that happens), and Alola Meowth is with them. Just imagine the look on the TRio's face lol

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I personally prefer SM’s director and I hope they stay in charge for Galar. I really don’t want Yajima back tbh.
No thank you as i don't really wanna to see Satoshi as butt monkey again!
If this happens i hope anime show is done and reboot in near future.
You cannot change my damn mind on that!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
How about we just get Tomioka back in charge? He actually knows how to write female companions somewhat decently.
I would be okay with her write anime long as they are doing some new in swsh ani as i don't really wanna to see a repeat of the sm ever again.

Zoruagible

No thank you as i don't really wanna to see Satoshi as butt monkey again!
If this happens i hope anime show is done and reboot in near future.
You cannot change my damn mind on that!

I just don't want Ash twerking again...
Least not without a jerk rival being there to inform him how stupid and pathetic that is(Basically saying the truth)