1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Power Up, Apr 20, 2018.

1. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

A reminder that Team Magma did appear in the 2nd episode of AG, while Team Aqua appeared later in the 17th episode of AG. In addition, they were doing serious stuff in their debut, such as kidnapping a Professor to enter ancient ruins as well as infiltrating the Devon Corporation.

Majespectre, Trey pokes and wolf jani like this.
  2. J.Agera

J.Agera Don't push your luck.

Just bring back XY director duh. He directed the XY series and the Power of US movie. Best series, best movie, respectively.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

In defense of the Skull-dan, I feel like they were handled that way simply because they were comedic villains in the games as well. So their portrayal in the anime was accurate, although I do hope that the villainous team in Galar isn't a complete joke like the Skull-dan have been.

4. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Well, we got some new info today, including rivals Bede and Marnie, and Marnie's obsessive fans Team Yell.

5. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

I’m overjoyed having a female oversee the Pokémon anime. An accomplishment like that is rare in the animation industry especially in Japan.

Aya Matsui is doing wonders!! I hope she continues into Galar.

6. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Nope, they ruined it in completely other ways.
    1. 20-30 episode gaps between appearances
    2. Establishing a rivalry with the TRio, but literally doing nothing with it!
    3. Making the TRio do random **** like usual, instead of the team who was literally constructed to do just that!

The three stooges were great, and so is ya boi Guzma and Plumeria. Team Skull just needed more appearances then they got, and more interactions with the TRio

LilligantLewis and mehmeh1 like this.
  7. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

Not looking forward to Team Yell if they’re going to be handled like Skull was

Sham and Zoruagible like this.
  8. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I feel like their obsessive fanboying/fangirling will become more annoying compared to Team Skull

Emelie and Ignition like this.
  9. Power Up

Power Up ...

I want Yajima back as head series director. He is the superior director in my opinion, directing two of the best entries into the Pokemon franchise with XY and Movie 21. He seems to have the heart of the series down pat

10. Zoruagible

I'm not looking forward to them because it feels too soon for another 'comedic' villain group. We literally just had one
    Like how Team Flare was, another serious group after the best villain team we'll probably ever have! Just made their terrible plot feel even worse!
    Not to mention, this is the third gen in a row that the villain team is doing random ****. Team Yell and Hopp are the only characters I'm not feeling at all so far, they just seem too similar to stuff we've had

Oh yeah.... and they literally just stole Team Skull's colors, and threw in red. So original!

Ignition and mysticalglacia like this.
  11. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Going to give them the same chance as Team Skull.

If they develop out of their toxic behaviour and recognize the crap they've done by the end of the series, then it's going to be good. There are actually quite many possibilities they can do with them and their them being directly tied to Marnie makes them have a lot more potential than Team Skull.

If not and they end up as badly written as Team Skull, then I am done.

12. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

I personally prefer SM’s director and I hope they stay in charge for Galar. I really don’t want Yajima back tbh.

maartjeverhoef and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  13. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a compromise villain team. Maybe one that is comedic but still manages to be a threat. The anime usually has problems keeping that balance (when they were mandated to make Team Rocket amusing again they slowly lost all their competence again too).

I'd also like more bad guy fights that keep that compromise too. We keep getting curb stomps on either side really, either the villain is a jobber who doesn't land a single hit or the heroes are completely outmatched by them until a DEM stops them, after a while it feels like the bad guys fail to give the heroes much of an agency. I kinda appreciate BW for getting some solid even handed fights with 'serious TR' sometimes, ones where the heroes won legit but were made to struggle to show the bad guys were dangerous. Even in DA and Season one of XY TR still could make the twerps sweat for a victory sometimes. If they did that with Team Rocket why not the new villain team?

Concerning writing direction, I think SM has been very rough around the edges, but it did have some good ideas and was a really fresh take on the show after years of formula. I doubt Galar will be a retread, but I wouldn't mind it inheriting and refining upon some of its direction while maybe adding some new ideas of its own.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  14. Zoruagible

Team Skull was good, all of them were misfits and outcasts. Tupp and Guzma definitely are
    Team Yell just feels the opposite; They're just crazy fans doing crazy/possibly illegal stuff simply because...?

Maybe Team Rocket gets to do stuff again since Team Yell obviously won't. That's the only good thing I'd say that can come of this, though hopefully Butch and Cassidy do the operations again instead of Matori. It'd be sick as heck if Butch had Galar Weezing and Cassidy had Galar Arbok(Assuming that happens), and Alola Meowth is with them. Just imagine the look on the TRio's face lol

15. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

No thank you as i don't really wanna to see Satoshi as butt monkey again!
    If this happens i hope anime show is done and reboot in near future.
    You cannot change my damn mind on that!

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

How about we just get Tomioka back in charge? He actually knows how to write female companions somewhat decently.

17. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

I would be okay with her write anime long as they are doing some new in swsh ani as i don't really wanna to see a repeat of the sm ever again.

18. Zoruagible

I just don't want Ash twerking again...
    Least not without a jerk rival being there to inform him how stupid and pathetic that is(Basically saying the truth)

19. J.Agera

J.Agera Don't push your luck.

Plz no lol. I'd rather have the Anime be cancelled and canned rather than that.

20. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

That’s how I feel about Yajima returning and possibly having XY 2.0. Definitely not my cup of tea

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.