• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That’s how I feel about Yajima returning and possibly having XY 2.0. Definitely not my cup of tea
Then let Pokemon anime show and rest of the media die then ?

SatoSereFan224888

I think it’s time for Ash to be replaced as the main character. His character was ruined beyond repair in Sun & Moon.

However if he does go to Galar, he should be a mentor for the playable trainers from the games.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm fine with whatever. As long as Ash has personality, but not too much of it. And TRio keep their personalities, I'm okay with whoever
So long a certain someone doesn't touch gym battles >.>

Redstar45

I'm fine with whatever. As long as Ash has personality, but not too much of it. And TRio keep their personalities, I'm okay with whoever
So long a certain someone doesn't touch gym battles >.>
Um pokemon battle is Satoshi thing....gym is in .....if not Satoshi then who .....if someone else.....and if not done well oh god that going to be a bad

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
That’s how I feel about Yajima returning and possibly having XY 2.0. Definitely not my cup of tea
Not your cup of tea but it is majority's cup of tea. Maybe of if they officialy declare SM or SM 2.0(if it ever happens) an AU, I would have no problem but if they claim that OG-XY Ash is the same Ash as this. I will be done with the show.
If Anime keeps going SM this route, it wil become more irrelevant than Beyblade ever was.

Last edited:

Redstar45

Not your cup of tea but it is majority's cup of tea. Maybe of if they officialy declare SM or SM 2.0(if it ever happens) an AU, I would have no problem but if they claim that OG-XY Ash is the same Ash as this. I will be done with the show.
If Anime keeps going SM this route, it wil become more irrelevant than Beyblade ever was.
You won't understand because it Dosen't really look like your have been watching the show since OG days.
SM isn't what the Anime is supposed to be and that's the truth.
...look i gets it but it is bit rude to saying that ? Everyone has different options on anime....hell i don't like sm Satoshi or the show but that doesn't really mean some ones don't enjoying...it and that not mean they are not true fan to me .

Redstar45

Maybe I turned a bit emotional. My bad lol.
Edited it.
It is understood why you are upset but remember that everyone's opinion is different from you and i and that is good thing no ?

Redstar45

I know but seriously imagine a SM 2.0.
So many People would rage quit the show. I don't want that.
Maybe us the western would but there is a Japanese viewers to thinking about (especially young kids) since bw arc the rate in Japanese is sloped badly and give what going on in gf and their own upcoming project...it is probably best for tpc to use old foundations of the Pokemon anime show to be a safe side

J.Agera

Maybe us the western would but there is a Japanese viewers to thinking about (especially young kids) since bw arc the rate in Japanese is sloped badly and give what going on in gf and their own upcoming project...it is probably best for tpc to use old foundations of the Pokemon anime show to be a safe side
SM Anime also doesn't have good ratings in Japan. The director needs to atleast try to make it a good show. Yokai Watch is much better than SM, and for a reason.

Redstar45

How do you know the rating is low? :S
Plus the rating does not indicate popularity in Pokemon anime anyways.
No but it does show that pocket monsters series is not quite as popular as once was during 1997-2000's hey era

JC317

There are records online which show Japanese viewership ratings for all Pokemon episodes. I'm not allowed to link them here, but I can link you to a series of discussion posts I had on Bulbagarden forums which explained in detail why viewership ratings ultimately do not matter to TVTokyo and the probable reason for declining viewership ratings.

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...redeeming-factors-to-the-alola-league.270919/

PS: It's Chibi Maruko-Chan/Sazae-San airing at the same time as the Pokemon SM anime

J.Agera

Honestly, someone actually told me. I tried doing research and I came to the conclusion that it was popular around Aether arc in early 2018 but was still low on the list, but it's declining even more now.
You are right ratings does not matter to them, they just want merchandise to sell, that's why SM's quality is lower compared to previous series. XY showed a clear and big rise in ratings.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Um pokemon battle is Satoshi thing....gym is in .....if not Satoshi then who .....if someone else.....and if not done well oh god that going to be a bad

I wasn't referring to Ash, the certain somebody is the guy who can't write good battles.
I don't want him writing gyms, and I'm one of the few people out there that actually like the 'pity badges'!

Redstar45

I wasn't referring to Ash, the certain somebody is the guy who can't write good battles.
I don't want him writing gyms, and I'm one of the few people out there that actually like the 'pity badges'!
Not me though and i wanted Satoshi win kanto badged fair and square until like most os era fandom i don't really care what shudõ reason for that .

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Considering that the games will be self-contained to the regional Dex only in terms of Pokemon distribution, I'm betting the anime will also restrict itself to just the native Pokemon, as in no non-native Pokemon will appear at all. Pikachu and Meowth obviously the exceptions as they are in the main cast.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK

How do you know it’s the majority?

I don’t think ratings are a good indication because ratings go down every saga. OS of course had the highest then AG then DP then BW then XY etc.
Of course XY has higher ratings than SM just like BW had higher ratings than XY and so forth. It’s really just a pattern. SM will probably have higher ratings than Sword and Shield.

J.Agera

How do you know it’s the majority?
I am watching the show since the OG days. I know when this community likes something and dislikes something on a large scale.
Considering that the games will be self-contained to the regional Dex only in terms of Pokemon distribution, I'm betting the anime will also restrict itself to just the native Pokemon, as in no non-native Pokemon will appear at all. Pikachu and Meowth obviously the exceptions as they are in the main cast.
Nah, while it will affect the appearances, but they are not going to outcast other Pokémon completely. The Anime has its own universe.
I don’t think ratings are a good indication because ratings go down every saga. OS of course had the highest then AG then DP then BW then XY etc.
Of course XY has higher ratings than SM just like BW had higher ratings than XY and so forth. It’s really just a pattern. SM will probably have higher ratings than Sword and Shield.
Wrong. The ratings were declining till BW. XY redeemed the ratings and now XYZ has the highest ratings out any Pokémon season surpassing the OG saga. BW has the worst ratings, and SM 2nd worst. Keep in mind that right now I am talking Internationally.
They don't really follow the ratings because if they did then Maybe Pokémon would be a good show right now.

Last edited: