1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Power Up, Apr 20, 2018.

1. J.Agera

J.Agera We will be surpassing our dreams!

Yes yes, it's definitely gonna have some effect.

Majespectre, OshyHikari and wolf jani like this.
  2. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

This isn’t factual information. You can’t just go off what someone told you. I’ve seen actual data regarding ratings and none of this is true. Don’t tell me I’m wrong because I’m completely right with evidence to back it up. Your attitude towards everyone on this forum who doesn’t worship XY and make up rumors to go with your delusions is getting out of hand. You can defend your favorite series to death and that’s understandable but you can’t just spew out incorrect information regarding ratings to try to make XY look better.

XY ratings surpassing the Indigo League ratings is just...laughable. The highest rating XY got was a 6.4 and the highest rating the Indigo League was in the 11’s. It’s a huge difference. Obviously times were different as well.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I think that's a rather minor concern for the writers, though. They usually have creative license to do whatever they want, so I doubt that they'll adhere strictly to the available Pokemon in the Shield and Sword games and only showcase those in the anime.

Majespectre, J.Agera and wolf jani like this.
  4. J.Agera

1. I did mention that I did research and I came to the conclusion THAT SM was popular during early 2018 during the Aether arc but it was low on the top 10.
    And currently it isn't even in the top 10. The source is Japan Anime TV ratings/rankings.
    2. If you think you are right, I would like an evidence.
    3. I think it's you who does everything thing in power to defend Sun and Moon. I acknowledge XY's faults and defend it only when the claims against it are downright invalid. My attitude isn't really nice towards everyone HATING ON XY FOR INVALID Reasons.
    4. I don't make XY look better, IT IS THE BETTER SERIES.
    5. About the series wise ratings, I already said I was speaking INTERNATIONALLY, not on the behalf of the Japanese because I can't get any goddamn source for Japanese reviews on Pokémon series.
    And Internationally XYZ is the highest rated series.
    Here is the source:
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/31592/Pokemon_XY_Z?q=Pokémon XY

BW has the worst ratings.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/9107/Pokemon_Best_Wishes?q=Pokémon black

SM second worst.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/34034/Pokemon_Sun___Moon? q=Pok%C3%A9mon%20sun%20and%20moon%20

OG Ratings: https://myanimelist.net/anime/527/Pokemon?q=Pokémon

Search every other series on that site and you will get what I was saying. XY gave it a clear rise from the dust.

You didn't even attempt to fully read my replies before.
    I don't claim stuff without backing it up.
    I never spew out incorrect stuff.

Majespectre likes this.
  5. Power Up

Power Up ...

TVTokyo has mentioned that they don't give a flying f*ck about ratings. It doesn't matter. XYZ in the west is definitely objectively rated the highest, but that really doesn't mean it's good, just that a lot of people like it.

However, I'm not sure people like the SM anime that much in Japan at all. SM126, which highlights SM's " narrative " of being a goofy, slice of life show to its fullest extreme, was hated in Japan and is the lowest rated SM episode

SM in Japan isn't rated well at all on a consistent basis, but ratings don't matter like I said. Even viewership is totally destroyed because of the time slot switch, but even that doesn't matter since TVTokyo's financial reports say the anime is 3rd in terms of money made from the anime

6. J.Agera

Subjectively*

LilligantLewis likes this.
  7. Power Up

Power Up ...

If we use myanimelist website as the barometer, then yeah, it's objectively the best rated Pokemon anime

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  8. Sham

Sham On the right road

Except you forgot the part where discussing ratings are banned.

9. J.Agera

The reviews people give there are pretty biased so it's subjective unless we are talking about critical reviews.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  10. J.Agera

Welp. I didn't know. But I wasn't the only one who was discussing it.

Majespectre likes this.
  11. Power Up

Power Up ...

We shouldn't be talking about ratings or scores in the first place.

Whether or not critics liked XY, SM, or anything else Pokemon is different matter, I'm not even sure if any " critics " review the Pokemon anime in the first place. When people give their opinions about films or series, their's the general audience review and the review from the " critics "

Both matter and neither are inherently better than the other

12. PorcelainVulpix

SM isn’t even my favorite series so no, I don’t go out of my way to support it. And your source that users voted on which makes it illegitimate. I thought we were discussing actually ratings??? Not user ranked series on a website.

LilligantLewis and Sham like this.
  13. Sham

Sham On the right road

Also can people please stop the narrative that’s it’s scientifily possible to prove XY(Z) was the best series to grace the Earth because it’s annoying thanksss

14. PorcelainVulpix

This.

And since we can’t discuss ratings, I’m going to drop this ridiculous topic but for anyone who wants to see the factual ratings feel free to pm me.

And I’d like to point out that was I wrong earlier about the Indigo League’s ratings being in the 11’s. Apparently they got up to the 18’s.

15. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

For whatever reason ratings were brought up here, but actual viewership ratings are decreasing since DP.

16. Power Up

Power Up ...

But no one is saying that? It's universally the most liked, which is an objective fact when using that website as the source, but that doesn't mean anything really in terms of quality other than it's able to reach a wide number of people

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  17. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

If you ask me I would rather SWSH be its own thing! But if I had to choose a series for inspiration it would be AG! Or DP! Both work but AG my favorite series because it has chill Ash!

18. J.Agera

Critics atleast try to be objective.

What do you even mean by actual ratings? Ratings are always subjective. Even on Japanese Anime TV the viewers rate the shows.
    Anyways I think we should stop.

No one is talking about that jeez.

19. Power Up

Power Up ...

You can't prove a show is objectively better than the other since there's literally no way to do that for art and entertainment in general. Critics aren't objective, they just have different standards like everyone else

20. Sham

Sham On the right road

PorcelainVulpix likes this.