1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Power Up, Apr 20, 2018.

1. AznKei

AznKei Competing against players in Match Masters. XD

Well, it depends which characters do you care. If you are into Ash and wanted a badass version of him, you're probably find the series as a treat compared to how he was depicted in SM.

2. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Dunno about you but it does really sounds good to my ear

LilligantLewis likes this.
  3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Considering her dislike of XY, I doubt she wants bad*** Ash. Actually, I think she doesn't want Ash at all.

satopi, Pokegirl Fan~ and AznKei like this.
  4. Redstar45

Not really shocked as most fan on serebii dislike xy arc

5. AznKei

AznKei Competing against players in Match Masters. XD

How many of us here would like to see the companions/classmates doing more badass things on their own?

6. Redstar45

Fews ? Dunno as i barely only read forum nowadays

7. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

false

Emelie, Sham and MockingJ like this.
  8. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

I dislike SM, but I also dislike the concept for the new series. I hope Galar will get the most of it and the other region just a small part.

Redstar45 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  9. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Yeah I think that the Galar portion of the new series should be the main point and that the other regions should only get short mini arcs at most.

Redstar45 likes this.
  10. I guess my prediction that Gen 8 would do something very different wasn't far off. Pokemon now seems to be focusing on all of its content, instead of hyper-focusing on the new thing. Pokemon: I Choose You and the Power of Us were AUs outside of the Gen 7 confines (even if, as per the series' MO, it featured Gen 7 Pokemon a lot), the first movies is being remade, and Pokemon Masters brings in characters from every single generation.

I like it. New characters and storylines are great and keep things fresh, but I love the idea of following-up on older characters, too. The Pokemon world is such a vast place now that it'd be a shame to leave most of it alone. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of Galar, but popping back to the other regions to catch-up on older companions would offer something more to fans like me who has grown bored of the series.

I'm tired of Ash's adventure. A new series exclusively about his ongoing journey, no matter what form it took, isn't going to excite me since I know that he's not going to change and the world isn't going to change. So the chance to get away, even if it's only for half-an-episode, would be welcome.

It'd be really cool if they had concurrent storylines that merged at the end, too.

11. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

I'm a little worried that the whole "we're focusing on ALL regions" in Gen 8 is going to be 50 % Kanto nostalgia, 45 % Sinnoh remake advertisment and 5 % other regions.

Lately they have been hyper focusing on both Kanto nostalgia (Misty and Brock reappearing twice and the movie focusing on Gen 1-2) and advertisment for new games (Lycanroc, Poipole, Melmetal, Eevee).

I hope the anime is going somewhere with this and not just to appeal to older fans and sell more games.

anjunajake likes this.
  12. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

To be fair, I think Sinnoh deserves the upcoming pandering. Johto and Hoenn got their due, so it’s only fair if Sinnoh does too. But obviously if they’re going to feature all of the regions, I think every one should get a decent amount of focus (except Kanto. Kanto deserves nothing).

13. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

I disagree, Sinnoh doesn't deserve much pandering. Out of all the regions, it was the most developed by the writers and DP was nearly 200 episodes. Kanto (ironically) was actually the least developed region, I think some are confusing the games pandering towards Kanto with the anime. The anime doesn't really do much with the region (even on the second go around, they didn't really explore it or did much world building).

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I also think that the Galar region should be the focal point of the Gen VIII saga. Personally, I wish it were the only focus instead of other regions apparently also getting some attention in the upcoming saga, but I figure that the writers are trying something new in order to appeal to players of Pokemon Masters.

Lunalah and Redstar45 like this.
  15. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

A story arc idea I had was one where Ash keeps getting headaches, but can't seem to figure out why it's happening.

16. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

This is Pokemon, not House.

Emelie, MockingJ, lolipiece and 2 others like this.
  17. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

Weren't you the one who theorized that Clemont has sickle cell? Have you been watching too many medical dramas recently?

anjunajake likes this.
  18. JLK2707

JLK2707 Well-Known Member

Just depends on what you mean by mature.

Lunalah and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. sage striaton

sage striaton wishfulshipper4ever

Honestly, what makes me curious the most for now is the first page of the 2020 calendar.
    Like...Is Lana getting a Sylveon or...?

Lunalah likes this.
  20. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I think that it could refer to Serena's, or it could just be chosen for the sake of marketing.