• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Henry's Journey

Still nothing confirmed on Let's Go Eevee & Pikachu?

If the new games are indeed 8th gen and are set to be released in Nov. 2018 things are gonna crash for S&M, we would only have like 20+ episodes left and the series could end before it reaches episode 100, I don't know if they can fit Poni arc, rest of Ultra Beasts/fillers/captures/evolutions, Necrozma, Alola league in such a short time, everything would end very, very rushed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Still nothing confirmed on Let's Go Eevee & Pikachu?

If the new games are indeed 8th gen and are set to be released in Nov. 2018 things are gonna crash for S&M, we would only have like 20+ episodes left and the series could end before it reaches episode 100, I don't know if they can fit Poni arc, rest of Ultra Beasts/fillers/captures/evolutions, Necrozma, Alola league in such a short time, everything would end very, very rushed.
I don't think that these games will be Gen 8. There's no new region and there will most likely be no new Pokemon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
And it will be a detriment to so many characters. The girls need second Pokemon.
Agreed. Second Pokemon and Ash needs 6th. Ash's Pokemon like Torra and Poi need to evolve etc.

SinnohEevee

I don't think that the next anime series will start this year. they will have to do so much in just 5 months that some things may have to be left out. If the next series starts this year, then it is likely that Ash will only have 5 Pokemon and the girls will all be stuck with a single Pokemon each. I do not want this.

It's not up to the showrunners to decide, it's up to Game Freak.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Really, I want us to explore Ash's motivation and overall backstory for the motivation. I don't need an angst fest, but I'm hoping for something to make me actually appreciate him as a character rather than grow bitter and want him excised from the series for being a noose around other characters in comparison.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Really, I want us to explore Ash's motivation and overall backstory for the motivation. I don't need an angst fest, but I'm hoping for something to make me actually appreciate him as a character rather than grow bitter and want him excised from the series for being a noose around other characters in comparison.
Sadly fans don’t like a character having a lot of back story see Lillie

DatsRight

I thought Lillie was popular besides her stagnancy as a trainer.

I don't think Ash needs a super detailed backstory, just to matter more as a character. SM has taken some steps in the right direction at least.

I'm hoping the series keeps up their current direction with Team Rocket, as in moderating their use to make their appearances more relevant. This allows their characters and roles to be maintained over just using them as jobbers/plot devices non stop. I also hope they keep to the current premise of them being allowed to have arc focus and gain boosts and power ups, compared to previous series where they never level grinded in the slightest and got quickly outclassed due to always keeping to episodic schemes (or BW where they were just suddenly hyper competent out of nowhere).

I know some stories need TR for an easy climax, but XY(Z) shown how cheap and boring it got after a while using them as this short cut all the time. Just have the twerps do something else over battling.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
How was his DP and BW outfits the same as the male player character's outfit? Just because there's a few similarities, it doesn't mean it's the complete ripoff.

The DP outfit has a collar instead of a scarf, and the curve is yellow instead of grey.

BW's outfit is clearly modelled off of Hilbert's hoodie, but with short sleeves instead of long ones.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Also, the reason why I don't see Gen 8(now) happening is; a) there has always been breaks between Gens and b) XY was announced in January and came out in October, SM in February came out in November, now it's end of the May, still nothing at all.There's not enough time for hype and promotion since if there was, why didn't XY and SM were announced at this time?

Anyway there are 4 possibilities;
1.) This is a spin off game with some core elements but GF confirmed it's a spin off( so 2018 would be a break year) and Gen 8 comes in 2019.SM anime continues normally, maybe they would add some LGPE stuff in anime( like a rival who has Eevee)
2) This is Gen 8(somehow) and comes this year. SM anime runs for about 20+ episodes and it's over.
3) This is a remake and comes this year, but Gen 8 then comes in 2020( because of a break). SM anime continues its run for 190 episodes. Maybe Ash and Lillie and someone too start travelling Ash in AU Kanto again, smh( like Ash ,Lillie get thrown in AU universe via Wormhole(new UB/Leg or something) and they have to get out, that's why it's 190 episodes, which would explain new series layout which is SM season 2.
4.This is a remake but comes out early 2019 and Gen 8 comes out in late 2019(similar thing happened in 2004 where remakes and third version came in same year; so 2018 is a break year).
So, in my opinion about new series layout I bet 3:1 is for SM season 2 and not Gen 8 anime.

Red and Blue

Okay based on the trailer LGPE aren't Gen 8 games. Which means we won't get the new series until next year.

DatsRight

Unless they decide to do ANOTHER Kanto retread or reboot the anime completely, I see it likely we're keeping to SM for a while, with some odd promotional directions for the new games.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Unless they decide to do ANOTHER Kanto retread or reboot the anime completely, I see it likely we're keeping to SM for a while, with some odd promotional directions for the new games.
I'm highly doubting that they will reboot the anime completely. I bet that they will just stick with SM.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ah, Iwane was referring to a second subtitle for Sun & Moon then. That makes perfect sense. I bet Satoshi and friends will spend November 2018-July 2019 in Kantou. Takeshi and Kasumi were given excellent BANK animation in Episode #43 so I bet we'll see Kaki and Suiren aim for rematches with them as training for the Alola League.
I don't think that Lana is participating in the league.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well I'm glad that gen 8 if officially dead for this year and the first half of next year, even though some were thinking it was coming out in that timeframe for some reason. I guess we may get some post league arc hopefully.