• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yup! You have good ideas, @MegaAltaria !
Thank you! It would also be good to give her a powerful Pokémon in the start that obeys, unlike Iris. Although it doesn't have to be the most powerful Pokémon though.

DatsRight

Thank you! It would also be good to give her a powerful Pokémon in the start that obeys, unlike Iris. Although it doesn't have to be the most powerful Pokémon though.

I'd accept that if there were some implied offscreen training, like Kiawe's Turtonator. I don't want a rehash of the recent girls where they're only allowed in one-sided battles and keep getting hand outs so they're not allowed to lose or struggle or train remotely, they may as well just keep to non-battler agendas if so, because a trainer with a battle goal they just stream through would be completely insufferable.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Mmm well would interesting and add some plot about her become more like Shinji love this powerful but started to treating her other Pokemon like crap which Satoshi himself almost did in the dp era and this allows Satoshi to beat her hard !

I would love to see that on-screen !

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe she starts to neglect some of her other Pokémon, especially shown by her training methods, and that causes them to be unmotivated for battle. They could have her powerful Pokémon lose due to it becoming overconfident of its abilities and then she loses the entire match because her other Pokémon are unmotivated.

Redstar45

I am cool with that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe at the end she also discovers Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. That could make her want to explore the Kalos and Alola regions to collect Mega Stones and to participate in the trials of Alola. That could show that she wants to find out about the full power of Pokémon.

Redstar45

I would love if she think about what her life after achieved that goal. Maybe get boyfriend or girlfriend or both set up a shop or something like that ?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think based on what I said, would be more likely she will go out to every region and get their badges and Leagues like what Ash did. Maybe she would also have some interest in Gym Badges.

Redstar45

No i mean some sort of real life stuff you know?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think ten year olds may understand that so these things may not be written into the anime. But then at the most I only expect them to share food with each other.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think that girl will never reach their own goal and other have a unrealistic dream and goal like Satoshi .

Dawn's was very realistic and was very possible for the writers to make her win.

I think Misty was the one who was the closest out of them

Dawn was this close

winning09.jpg

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Dawn's was very realistic and was very possible for the writers to make her win.

Dawn was this close

winning09.jpg
Very close, yet they still made her lose. The closeness must be their attempt to add more suspense between her and her rival in the competition.

DatsRight

At least Zoey was developed and not invincible. May could beat her. She was just that one opponent that knew Dawn enough that she always had her number by at least the tiniest margin.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
With the Necrozma arc looking to end, anyone's opinions change at all?
I'd say they'll reduce the cast members, focus more on them, maybe tone down the slapstick a bit, and hopefully fix the pacing issues, but keep some of the SoL stuff, make things more character-driven, and keep the more creative plots, also, I'm still in the camp that the necrozma storyline isn't over yet, even though the current arc is going to end in 3 episodes from now

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
With the Necrozma arc looking to end, anyone's opinions change at all?
If you mean SM, it's somewhat changed. The filler isn't funny or enjoyable, the long wait between Ash getting team changes and his trails are disengaging, and I'm still disappointed with how the classmates are handled: especially Lana and Mallow. However, I'm still a fan of Ash's interest in everything he does, the excellent world building, and most of the character interactions. For gen 8 I hope they stop with the excessive slapstick and questionable handling of progression with story

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I guess they could start to fix the pacing in the next series as it could affect the development of the characters hugely. Every companion should have at least one team change every ten episodes in the new series although I expect Ash will get slightly more than the others and that wouldn't be a set expectation. But it should be mostly followed anyway.

DatsRight

If you mean SM, it's somewhat changed. The filler isn't funny or enjoyable, the long wait between Ash getting team changes and his trails are disengaging, and I'm still disappointed with how the classmates are handled: especially Lana and Mallow. However, I'm still a fan of Ash's interest in everything he does, the excellent world building, and most of the character interactions. For gen 8 I hope they stop with the excessive slapstick and questionable handling of progression with story

Yeah, it does feel like SM is trying to make every Pokemon feel like part of the team, but doubling the amount of trainers is exacerbating it, and there's still that one or two they don't know what to do with. Had they used the previous series character number it probably would have been okay, if not better balanced than usual (the male companion is at least actually doing stuff this series). Omitting Lana and Mallow and giving their captures and screentime to one of the other characters would have arguably made things pretty well rounded.

I'm fine with SM's filler setup over loads of COTD/TR stories however. At the least the twerps can be the driving force in SM's storytelling.

Concerning the slapstick, I'm fine with the twerps being the butt monkey in some episodes, though maybe it could be toned down for Ash in SOME episodes. Having more times like the first Necrozma episode, where another character is doing the physical comedy but Ash is still contributing in terms of expressiveness and sarcasm. I like Ash being a clown that's secretly competent however, so there's no need to dial it down completely.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah, it does feel like SM is trying to make every Pokemon feel like part of the team, but doubling the amount of trainers is exacerbating it, and there's still that one or two they don't know what to do with. Had they used the previous series character number it probably would have been okay, if not better balanced than usual (the male companion is at least actually doing stuff this series). Omitting Lana and Mallow and giving their captures and screentime to one of the other characters would have arguably made things pretty well rounded.

I'm fine with SM's filler setup over loads of COTD/TR stories however. At the least the twerps can be the driving force in SM's storytelling.

Concerning the slapstick, I'm fine with the twerps being the butt monkey in some episodes, though maybe it could be toned down for Ash in SOME episodes. Having more times like the first Necrozma episode, where another character is doing the physical comedy but Ash is still contributing in terms of expressiveness and sarcasm. I like Ash being a clown that's secretly competent however, so there's no need to dial it down completely.
My problem with the filler ties into my dislike for the slapstick. I'm fine with filler & the unique set up of SM's filler. But the amount of slapstick is way too much especially for Ash. I haven't enjoyed them as much for quite awhile now

DatsRight

My problem with the filler ties into my dislike for the slapstick. I'm fine with filler & the unique set up of SM's filler. But the amount of slapstick is way too much especially for Ash. I haven't enjoyed them as much for quite awhile now

I feel like SM is 'baby steps' towards branching out from the formula and making more diverse stories where the twerps can be the driving force of the plot, just right now they're consistently light hearted and mundane. One can hope Gen 8 keeps developing on that and tries to for more elaborate plots and ideas.

Truthfully I feel like the show can't quite handle serious 'actionized' plots as depthfully. Even in SM the bigger scale plots usually tend to go back to making the twerps very plot-recessive with things happening rather than them doing them. I think they also need to think up ways of expanding the substance for the non-battler characters' quests and agendas rather than just the odd dumbed down competition or having them battle anyway just lamer. I appreciate not every needing to do the tournament arc formula to be important but I feel like there's way more they could go into with these, and some like Mallow are still struggling hard to branch out.