• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I know it's not void of it, though I do know that 4Kids took liberties with the script in many places.

Way too much if you ask me.

But the less said about it, the better.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Meh, you can't ever do it right for some people. Adapting dubs is hard. You want to get the same meaning across, you want the dialogue to fit the character that's talking, and you want the timing to fit the mouth movements and time spent talking without your voice actors having to speak ridiculously fast or slow. It's always a trade-off between those requirements. I don't follow the English dub much, but I do know that for the most part the Dutch dub manages just fine balancing those things.
And in terms of voice acting. Ivo Chundro had to find his role as Kiawe a bit, you can notice him struggling in the beginning, but he's got a decent grasp of the role now. He's not quite there yet with really going all out in the emotions, especially when going for Z-Moves, but it's far from bad. Canick Hermans as Lusamine doesn't fully have the same authority in her voice as the Japanese, but it's quite rare that it's really an issue (and it's still far from awful), and she does a great job with the Ultra Guardians and playing off Lillie. Some people also just look for things to be angry about. I think especially Hilde de Mildt as Jessie is amazing, she's different from the Japanese but not in a bad way. She puts a bit more hysteria in her Jessie and a bit more malice which works really well, I think she's on par with Hayashibara's interpretation. Niki Romijn as Professor Burnet is equally well cast, she really nails Burnet's playfulness while also having that air of confidence and competence in her voice.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Instead of having a series that’s like SM or having a series like XY, why not ask for a series that encompasses both things together! That way, PAD can hold hands and skip along a flowery field together!

I hope the flowery field has many Lilligant

a new change of battle a 3 triple group battle. Three team trainers vs against another three team trainers

This happened in XY42 so it wouldn't be totally new

The drying pan! Never forget the drying pan!

What was the original Japanese of this line?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I hope the flowery field has many Lilligant

This happened in XY42 so it wouldn't be totally new

What was the original Japanese of this line?
it is not that different from dub but he said it is good thing to use .

Slapstick-Olivia

I think they will once again trey something new. Each anime after DP felt like it wanted to try to be its own new identity. More or less... BW tried to be half OS rehashes and half brand new ideas, but a lot of the brand new ideas where already cut after a few episodes. X&Y tries to be more of a serious anime with a lot of drama and S&M is a slice and life comedy.

I think the next anime after S&M will once again be a new idea. They will change the art style again and also will change the tone again. Not sure what type of tone they want to do next. May it will be like the 1987 Ducktales series, where the characters live in a specific city/town and will travel to different locations and have a big adventure for the day.

Or it could be more like a mystery series, where one of the main characters has a tragic past and they want to solve the big secret behind this character.

Or... it could be the opposite. Maybe they will go back to the basics and will be just like OS. I'm not sure how much nostalgic means for the Japanese audience, but here in the west we like to reboot all of our old ideas again and again. Maybe... just maybe... the next anime will be like OS when it comes to the story structure. A daily adventures journey, where Ash collects badges and has two sidekicks: A half-violent, half-sweet girl, that is afraid of a specific type of Pokémon and an older male companion, that has his own little running gag going on. And TR will use once again robots to fight the main characters.

Kintaro

Banned
BW was already our OS redux, we won't get another one. XY also had a lot of callbacks to both AG and DP with the 4 person group but a more competent Ash and a girl doing contests like performances, etc.

The 8th gen could literally be anything. Like there's no way to predict what it could be.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Unless done right I can't see OS 2019 even working well. Things have changed and I doubt it would work. I can see a series like AG or DP still working. As long as it is not another SM style I am ok

Moonlight Starlight

Everyone one quick question to tell you all about the next Pokemon generation.
What do you think next generation of Pokemon game franchises legendary beast Pokemon will be on the game. And the name of the title too. Just like the other generation games .

Like this:

Generation one.
Red ( Charizard)
Blue ( Squirtle)
Green ( Bulbasaur)
Yellow ( Pikachu)

Generation 2
Gold ( ho ho ) - ( known as the Phoenix)
Silver ( Lugia) - ( known as a sea creature)

Generation 3 ( name of jewelry or birthstones)
Sapphire ( Alpha) - water big fish
Ruby ( Omega) - a dinosaur living by a volcano
Emerald - a game edition of a green dragon Pokemon of a Rayquaza.

Generation 4
Diamond - dragon
Pearl - dragon
These two
Dragon type Pokemon has to do with time and space and dimensions

Generation 5
Black - dragon - Yang
White - dragon - Yin

Generation 6
X
Y
Z
Something similar to Generation 3 like the colors and three elements.

Generation 7
Sun ( lion)
Moon ( don't know what type of Pokemon is that supposed to be
Star ( I know there is a Ultra star game to the Pokemon game is there there was Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and there should be a UltraStar is there I think there was)

And now Generation 8? What do you think the next title and legendary Pokemon are going to . What are your thoughts on the next game going to be like.

Also Iris and Serena one of them would make since to be in generation 8 and when one of them will be in generation 9 for their Cameo returns or the writers have something planned different for these two to showing up different from the other pokegirls.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I have no idea what the next generation might be about, but...it could be about pollution vs nature?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Rumors has it is going to be traditional of past vs technology of today

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I want Pokemon to not feel so episodic and feel more like an actual story driven anime. Which is totally possible. I mean fillers are a given but I want something on the level of DP but more fleshed out and expanded on.

All pokemon games titles have been beautiful so far.. I know gen 8's will be so too
Wouldn't say all of them. The last two gens were lackluster story wise and pixlated. Gen V was a bit pixlated too but was great with story and characters. If we are talking about the best lookingg game pre LGPE I'd say the Gen IV era since they looked the best on the DS. BW almost felt like a step back in art.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I want Pokemon to not feel so episodic and feel more like an actual story driven anime. Which is totally possible. I mean fillers are a given but I want something on the level of DP but more fleshed out and expanded on.

Wouldn't say all of them. The last two gens were lackluster story wise and pixlated. Gen V was a bit pixlated too but was great with story and characters. If we are talking about the best lookingg game pre LGPE I'd say the Gen IV era since they looked the best on the DS. BW almost felt like a step back in art.
though BW/2 had the pokemon constantly on an animation loop rather than just when being sent out, most attacks were better animated, and the backgrounds were amazing while still keeping a steady framerate(skyarrow bridge, marine tube and castelia city being probably the best examples)

JC317

I thought janejane6178 was just referring to the actual names of the mainline games and nothing else (so like the way Sun/Moon, X/Y, Black/White, and so on are stylised on the boxart and title screen)