• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Slapstick-Olivia

New things are always a nice touch if you ask me. Especially with a show like Pokémon who is running for years with out many chances.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I hope they won't continue focusing so much on comedy, and instead focus more on advancing the storyline. Gags are fun in moderation, but too much of that like in SM would make me less eager to watch the 8th Gen saga.

They're not going to advance the storyline because Satoshi and Pikachuu must remain mostly static. It's a miracle that we got the Shin'ou and Kalos Leagues as they were.

Besides, the comedy has been half of what makes Sun & Moon so much fun. No Pokemon series has ever been so alive on such a consistent basis. One can easily understand how happy the staff is to be working on this series.

D9cChx7

Slapstick-Olivia

@Yuugis Black Magician is right. I mean how can you progress the story of the characters if you always have to start over again with their stories. The Pokémon anime was never met to tell a big story. The only characters that maybe have a chance to grew as characters are the companions and out of all of them only two have gotten this benefit and those are Dawn and (maybe) Serena. And in Serena case it is not even that much. The rest of them just stayed their comedic selfs true out all of the show.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The only characters that maybe have a chance to grew as characters are the companions and out of all of them only two have gotten this benefit and those are Dawn and (maybe) Serena. And in Serena case it is not even that much.
...in which they could have made Serena's special episodes, but I already wrote this in that particular topic.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
@Yuugis Black Magician is right. I mean how can you progress the story of the characters if you always have to start over again with their stories. The Pokémon anime was never met to tell a big story. The only characters that maybe have a chance to grew as characters are the companions and out of all of them only two have gotten this benefit and those are Dawn and (maybe) Serena. And in Serena case it is not even that much. The rest of them just stayed their comedic selfs true out all of the show.
Accept Iris learned to be less arrogant and actually get to know her Pokémon and take the time to bond with them. She also gotten over Ice fear and learned to face to her past instead of hiding from it. May learned to no longer depended on Ash and Max to get her thought situations and was slowly developing her own battling style. She went from disliking Pokémon to actually loving them and finding her dream. And don’t even get me started with Lillie and Misty. To say only Dawn and Serena grew is an understatement imo.

Remix2

I honestly think it depends on how the current school format is doing whatever if it a one time thing or if they're going to keep it but make some adjustments to it.

Of course imo gen 8 anime should have a new director and head writer because boy the current one have no idea what they're doing.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm not hoping Ash travels alone. That or depending how big of a reboot the games are have a new main lead but keep Ash at the same time. Turn Ash into a rival. Like have win the Alola league inspiring the new lead to follow in his footsteps and become a trainer to face him one day. Prior to the league Ash could learn of the Gen 8 region and Kukui interviews him asking what he plans to do next and he says go to Gen 8 region. Would be a fresh breath of airing and at the same time not fully get rid of Ash. As long as Gen 8 doesn't follow the comedy route I am good. I've liked the last two eps since while it has had comedy it has not been shoved down our throats like almost every episode prior.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
I have a question if by chance according to recent leaks the next game isn't Gen 8 but a sort of remake/reboot of Red and Blue what will the anime do? Will they expand the Alola region with anime original content or go to Kanto probably for the Alola gang to challenge the Gyms with Ash and Ash get another shot at the Kanto league?

Also what would they do if its the after 100 years sequel? This would be impossible to explain in the anime.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I have a question if by chance according to recent leaks the next game isn't Gen 8 but a sort of remake/reboot of Red and Blue what will the anime do? Will they expand the Alola region with anime original content or go to Kanto probably for the Alola gang to challenge the Gyms with Ash and Ash get another shot at the Kanto league?

Also what would they do if its the after 100 years sequel? This would be impossible to explain in the anime.
I'm pretty sure those leaks are fake, but if true, it would be handled the same way previous remakes are: Gen I remakes were still Gen III: the Gen III anime continued. Gen II remakes were still Gen IV: Gen IV anime continued. Gen III remakes were still Gen VI: the Gen VI anime continued.

If it truly is another set of Gen I remakes, it would be a continuation of Gen VII, not Gen VIII. (unless a whole new set of brand new Pokémon is unveiled) And as long as it's Gen VII, then the Gen VII anime will continue regardless of where the current Gen VII game is taking place, Alola, Kanto, Sinnoh, or somewhere else.

To break down your possibilities:

Will they expand the Alola region with anime original content

This is possible. HGSS caused Sinnoh to have some anime-original content like the Johto Festa.
When ORAS came out, Ash and Serena got the ORAS Pokédexes, and there was an anime-original storyline for Team Flare.
It's definitely possible that they could just integrate the next games' storylines and expand Alola with anime-original content like these last two examples I just gave above.

go to Kanto probably for the Alola gang to challenge the Gyms with Ash and Ash get another shot at the Kanto league?

This is possible as well -- the last Kanto remakes in Gen III caused Ash to revisit Kanto. However, he did not redo the gyms. I can see him revisiting Kanto again just as he did in Gen III; however, I don't see him redoing the gyms. I see him doing something else how he did in Gen III.

btw, most of this entire post I've made is only under the scenario that the leak is true. I personally believe the leak to be false.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

SinnohEevee

If we get remakes I'm hoping that it's DP remakes and not Kanto again tbh, but I doubt that they are. It would be nice to have a 3 1/2-4 year series again since 3 years and shorter is way too short imo

Though how would SM fill for 4 years? It doesn't help that Alola is small.

If that's the case, then they will have to create a new protagonist.

Time-travel?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

To answer your question; I think anime would make Ash return to Kanto and do it over again( get 8 badges and compete in the league). I don't think they will expand it because it wouldn't be Gen 7 anymore yet Gen 8, so new cast aside from you know who_Or maybe Brock and Misty are back.100 years sequel? Well Ash will be 10 lol. Because Ash doesn't age. xd
To answer it actually;
I don't think it will be remakes any of sort as Gen 8 beginner. Gen 8 will start as new titles( new Pokemon and everything) and later we will get remakes( DP). So, we're getting what we always got: Ash saying goodbye, maybe Pallet episode and then hi to new stuff.