• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't see the point of a Kanto promotional arc in between SM and the next saga since we already had those two episodes where Kasumi and Takeshi came back in SM, which piled on enough Kanto nostalgia to last us a while from my point of view.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I read an article about "Pokemon has a YouTube problem". It seems that people likes to spread fake stuffs or rumors to get attention/hits from the community. Tbh, I rather wait for any confirmations from Nintendo or the anime studios about any future news.

Yeah it's true most Poketubers like to spread rumors as facts to gain attention, but today's 'Let's go Pikachu' isn't from Poketubers, and has a lot more going for it, given recent bits from reputed industry insiders (not to mention even Serebii thought it was interesting enough to post on his Twitter). Of course, all this is unconfirmed, but these rumors are the most believable we've seen till now.

And sure if it's indeed a return to Kanto for the next games, they're most likely not going to be gen 8 either, but I believe that they're still going to be a brand new story, and not 1:1 remakes of Red, Blue and Yellow. Hence, I feel that the current Alola anime won't combine with a new Kanto game, and instead, we'll see a brand new anime series again, even if the next games do end up being Kanto.

Also, I hope Gorochu gets added as well.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
And sure if it's indeed a return to Kanto for the next games, they're most likely not going to be gen 8 either, but I believe that they're still going to be a brand new story, and not 1:1 remakes of Red, Blue and Yellow. Hence, I feel that the current Alola anime won't combine with a new Kanto game, and instead, we'll see a brand new anime series again, even if the next games do end up being Kanto.

It's possible, but don't get your hopes up. No previous mid-gen remake has ever warranted a new series, even with the remakes' changes to the original games' stories.

Also, I hope Gorochu gets added as well.

No Pokémon evolutionary chain has 4 Pokémon, so I doubt it.

SinnohEevee

It's possible, but don't get your hopes up. No previous mid-gen remake has ever warranted a new series, even with the remakes' changes to the original games' stories.

No Pokémon evolutionary chain has 4 Pokémon, so I doubt it.

It could be a branched evolution, hough it seems Pokémon would rather you *not* evolve your Pikachu.
I want Raichu to get a Mega, but I think Alolan Raichu kills that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What Will Happen:
- Ash takes Pikachu with him and forgets his stash of Pokemon + 30 Tauros.
- TR does the same.
- Pikachu can't suddenly beat the regional bird.
- An art style overhaul.
- Ash hasn't aged five weeks yet.
- A new female lead.
- The obligatory third wheel cook whose goal will be so boring, nonexistent, or underdeveloped.
- Ash's mother steals the clothes of the would-be male lead and passes it off as her own creation like a damned fake DeviantArt artist.
- Ash will lose a league. It's not a spoiler anymore.
- Ash forgets half the things he has learned so far.
- Any dark stuff will be destroyed for the 8-year olds playing the games that have far darker stuff in them. (What the ****?)

What Can Happen:
- Ash does not need a school but still is a dunce in this new region.
- The rival is a jerk, a massive Ash fanboy, or a failed Anakin Skywalker expy. Or no rival ala Hoenn.
- Slapstick from Alola still passes over.
- If there's a Lucario, expect an arc with pointless, strange answers!

What Will Not Happen:
- Ash will catch 'em all.
- Ash will win the league.
- Ash will challenge the rumored Champions League and win.
- Ash will develop romantic feelings.
- Ash will age.
- Ash will put TR behind bars for good.
- Ash's team will evolve till their final stages.
- Ash will recall his previous mons.
- Ash will stay away from hogging the spotlight from the female lead during all action scenes.
- Ash will beat the cheap Gary Stu.
- Ash will have a main female rival instead of a male rival.
- Ash will not talk like a president who knows about friendship and love so suddenly when the scene demands it.
- Ash will catch a Lucario instead of it being a thorn on his side nearly all the frickin' time.
- The director will listen to audience feedback.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What Will Happen:
- Ash takes Pikachu with him and forgets his stash of Pokemon + 30 Tauros.
- TR does the same.
- Pikachu can't suddenly beat the regional bird.
- An art style overhaul.
- Ash hasn't aged five weeks yet.
- A new female lead.
- The obligatory third wheel cook whose goal will be so boring, nonexistent, or underdeveloped.
- Ash's mother steals the clothes of the would-be male lead and passes it off as her own creation like a damned fake DeviantArt artist.
- Ash will lose a league. It's not a spoiler anymore.
- Ash forgets half the things he has learned so far.
- Any dark stuff will be destroyed for the 8-year olds playing the games that have far darker stuff in them. (What the ****?)

What Can Happen:
- Ash does not need a school but still is a dunce in this new region.
- The rival is a jerk, a massive Ash fanboy, or a failed Anakin Skywalker expy. Or no rival ala Hoenn.
- Slapstick from Alola still passes over.
- If there's a Lucario, expect an arc with pointless, strange answers!

What Will Not Happen:
- Ash will catch 'em all.
- Ash will win the league.
- Ash will challenge the rumored Champions League and win.
- Ash will develop romantic feelings.
- Ash will age.
- Ash will put TR behind bars for good.
- Ash's team will evolve till their final stages.
- Ash will recall his previous mons.
- Ash will stay away from hogging the spotlight from the female lead during all action scenes.
- Ash will beat the cheap Gary Stu.
- Ash will have a main female rival instead of a male rival.
- Ash will not talk like a president who knows about friendship and love so suddenly when the scene demands it.
- Ash will catch a Lucario instead of it being a thorn on his side nearly all the frickin' time.
- The director will listen to audience feedback.
Now, that you mention these, I wish there's an user-friendly tool where the fans can create their own Pokemon anime, kinda like Super Mario maker to create your own 2d Mario platform. But I doubt it would happen since Nintendo, GameFreak and the anime studios are very protective with this franchise.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Now, that you mention these, I wish there's an user-friendly tool where the fans can create their own Pokemon anime, kinda like Super Mario maker to create your own 2d Mario platform. But I doubt it would happen since Nintendo, GameFreak and the anime studios are very protective with this franchise.

That sort of technology doesn't exist. If it did there would be even more anime then there already is.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That sort of technology doesn't exist. If it did there would be even more anime then there already is.
It does. But it would not as polished and restricted than the real anime/cartoon/show with a limited pre-made animation samples library. Not too mention the big animation studios would be very protective to their IPs to let the fans use them and have a monopoly of their own stuffs. I remembered there's such a software for the Looney Tunes gag animations a long time ago, but I forgot the real name of the software.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am 99.5% sure that these Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are not connected to Gen 8 at all. I think those will be a remakes of Yellow( maybe add Johto post game) coming this year or early next year.That means Gen 8 is still coming next year( late likely). So, Ash will travel to new region, new starter etc. Now question is if those are remakes of Yellow, what will that mean for anime? A) another arc in Kanto/Johto, B) Necrozma arc is set in Kanto( we also get a hint Giovanni is interested), or C) maybe it will be like ORAS/HG/SS( they stay in Alola but new things from remakes come to them, like how Sawyer has Mega Sceptile to promote ORAS in Kalos, or how Lyra was there in Sinnoh to promote HG/SS aswell as Dawn catching Cyndaquil.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
What I expect is that it'll cater mainly towards young kids as it's always done.

What I hope for is that it goes more for the suitable for any age group, without looking like it was targeted towards 9-year olds. A kids show can handle mature themes that adults may appreciate more, whilst still being enjoyable for kids to watch, all it requires is good writing (and yes, we've had some of that throughout the years with Pokémon, so it's not like they're not capable of doing so; I want more of that). With so many Pokémon fans having grown up with the franchise, and being adults themselves at this point, it still baffles me as to why Pokémon sticks so hard to maintaining this very childish image of itself.

Honestly, Black/White had some interesting ideas that could easily have been expanded upon. A somewhat more thought-provoking experience, rather than bad guys be bad -> bad guys must be beaten kind of story... Or if that's too much, then I'd rather have them ditch the main quest altogether, and give us more freedom to do what we want to do and where we want to go in whichever order we prefer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Or if that's too much, then I'd rather have them ditch the main quest altogether, and give us more freedom to do what we want to do and where we want to go in whichever order we prefer.

That's been happening in SM, although I personally haven't enjoyed SM's anything goes style of storytelling. Frankly, I miss Gym battles, and I hope we'll see Satoshi challenge Gyms in Gen VIII.

Red and Blue

I am 99.5% sure that these Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are not connected to Gen 8 at all. I think those will be a remakes of Yellow( maybe add Johto post game) coming this year or early next year.That means Gen 8 is still coming next year( late likely). So, Ash will travel to new region, new starter etc. Now question is if those are remakes of Yellow, what will that mean for anime? A) another arc in Kanto/Johto, B) Necrozma arc is set in Kanto( we also get a hint Giovanni is interested), or C) maybe it will be like ORAS/HG/SS( they stay in Alola but new things from remakes come to them, like how Sawyer has Mega Sceptile to promote ORAS in Kalos, or how Lyra was there in Sinnoh to promote HG/SS aswell as Dawn catching Cyndaquil.
Actually if the Kanto remakes come out late this year, then they might hold off on Gen 8 until 2020. Gen 7 is looking to be four years.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Actually if the Kanto remakes come out late this year, then they might hold off on Gen 8 until 2020. Gen 7 is looking to be four years.
But doesn't that disrupt a pattern of remakes? Since by pattern DP remakes should be out in 2020.Also, there has been an instance that multiple core games are released same year( FR/LG and E, RB and G). So, they could make Yellow remakes( January 2019) and Gen 8 ( November 2019).

Red and Blue

But doesn't that disrupt a pattern of remakes? Since by pattern DP remakes should be out in 2020.Also, there has been an instance that multiple core games are released same year( FR/LG and E, RB and G). So, they could make Yellow remakes( January 2019) and Gen 8 ( November 2019).
There is no pattern. They've broken tradition so much lately that we shouldn't expect anything at this point.