• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
You are welcome i guess.....? @DatsRight
I want it bring me back. Yes I watched most of BW even if I was not a big fan. Saw bits and pierces of XY and have saw like 10 episodes max of SUMO since I can't stand it. I want Gen 8 to bring me back into the anime. With that said I loved the I Choose You movie and the new one looks just as good if not better. If we went with that for an art style and a vibe that mixed sassy Ash and comedy from OS,a solid group like AG and good battles like DP I'd be down. Besides OS the AG group was the only one to feel like a group of friends. DP kinda did but Brock always felt left out. Granted this could be due to having two leads.

I wish that it could be definitely should done in sun and moon anime and with batter version of the s&m Ash as sub teacher or a gym teacher play funny role as in anyone under 20 do adult role anyway and i wanted a mix of ag ash with calmness of xyz Satoshi and battle skill of Dppt Satoshi then i am would be a cool with that sun and moon anime myself

Redstar45

one thing I do think they need to do is go back to the "road" i'll give em props for trying a school setting out, but it's clearly not working well.
Agreed and they doesn't really care about school settings then other to do anime barely used school cliche

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yeah they don't even use it

Redstar45

Yeah pretty much what it is ......

DatsRight

I wouldn't mind a balance. Say Ash travels but has a 'home base' in every key region, thus keep some ongoing world building and progression but grounding things enough to develop on them like having recurring characters.

I suppose the equivalent of him staying in Melemele for one season, Akala for the second and then Ula Ula for the third.

Redstar45

I am fine with that long he is training and travel as he is not mean to be a school characters anyways as he is hero/adventure type of character like his own game/ manga counterparts is .

I think it's much harder to predict how Gen 8 might look considering we've gone through about 3 gens and give or take 9 years of anime that when separated, look very different from each other.

What Gen 8 is going to look like is anybody's guess IMO.

Redstar45

While it is might keep art style of sm but i could see that ash might be less goofy and close to the classic pocket monsters ag ash and return to travel stuff and three travelling friends stuff .

Hammad80

Flaming/Insulting Other People
I want 8th gen to be almost nothing like SM. Some humor, but mostly action filled, intense battles. No random BS fillers; no school (shouldn’t even have to state this honestly).
I would like it if Ash only had ONE companion throughout his journey; that would be a great chance of pace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I want 8th gen to be almost nothing like SM. Some humor, but mostly action filled, intense battles. No random BS fillers; no school (shouldn’t even have to state this honestly).
I would like it if Ash only had ONE companion throughout his journey; that would be a great chance of pace.

Someone wants the Pokémon anime to die because of their bad taste.
Nah more like your opinion is bad taste. Please do us all a favor and don't shove your opinion down my throat just because you don't agree with it.

Jeal

I don't know, every show has at least three protagonists, a girl and two boys(one of them being the protagonist's rival, in some cases).

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I who dislike Ash wanted to see another protagonist replacing him, but I'm aware it won't happen.

I know people cares about him because he's the main character and has a goal that appeals people who are into battlings, but he's stale for me and I wanted to see the companions/classmates getting more spotlights that what were given in the anime.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I who dislike Ash wanted to see another protagonist replacing him, but I'm aware it won't happen.

I know people cares about him because he's the main character and has a goal that appeals people who are into battlings, but he's stale for me and I wanted to see the companions/classmates getting more spotlights that what were given in the anime.

No i am with you on that, i also want him to be replaced as his time is way up. He has become stale especially in BW series, they had the chance of replacing him after DP or XY series but they missed the boat.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I can't wait to see how overrated the gen 8 will be when it'll probably end up being mediocre at best. It wouldn't surprise me if Team Rocket returns to appearing in every single episode and it's possible that they might interrupt gym battles or the league again since it seems that the writers brought back releases in the past two series. Also get ready to have a bunch of cotd/potd filler and pseudo-filler episodes that no one cares about.

SatoSereFan224888

I want Ash to be replaced for Gen 8 anime. I'd say it's time for a new hero, possible the daughter of Serena & Ash.

DatsRight

I can't wait to see how overrated the gen 8 will be when it'll probably end up being mediocre at best. It wouldn't surprise me if Team Rocket returns to appearing in every single episode and it's possible that they might interrupt gym battles or the league again since it seems that the writers brought back releases in the past two series. Also get ready to have a bunch of cotd/potd filler and pseudo-filler episodes that no one cares about.

Well XY did start off a more moderated tread of BW before discarding nearly everything it added altogether. I think that was a particular annoyance since it suggested the writers had learned nothing from that experiment and just went back completely to their old ways, only arguably even blander.

I wouldn't mind next gen being a better moderation of SM, so long as they shown they gained SOMETHING from the whole thing. DP was a retread of AG in many places, but it did try to give more depth to some of its formulas like the contests.

Let's say they brought back SOME bits of the old format for where SM fell short, like more frequent travelling and a smaller but more dynamic protagonist team, but did keep the things that did work when they are needed, eg. having less filler but keeping to SM's more character driven format over generic formula when it is used, meaning we have a good mix of goal/arc development while still taking time to make us appreciate the actual personalities. The travelling format I think could also benefit from a compromise. Say they did ongoing travelling, but each season had a 'home base', keeping some change of scenery but allowing use to take in the new areas and to develop recurring areas and inhabitants, over loads of one shot backdrops and COTDs.