• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Me ? Like dark series like dppt or XYZ arc over bw or sm the lighthearted approach to anime. If anyone like sm or bw is cool with me because i still treated them with a respect .

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Well, I never said it's wrong to enjoy the show for what it is; it's just that you shouldn't expect it to mature beyond what it currently is.
Do you think it would be a good idea if they make one though? Like having guts, gore, characters & Pokemons getting stabbed, shot, losing limbs, swearing with offensive words and all? They probably going to gain some new audience.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Do you think it would be a good idea if they make one though? Like having guts, gore, characters & Pokemons getting stabbed, shot, losing limbs, swearing with offensive words and all? They probably going to gain some new audience.

lmao the anime doesn't need to go that far; just being as dark as the games themselves is enough. Plus, the show seriously needs to let Ash go at this point. It's honestly laughable to think about how the people working on the anime justify Ash still being a 10 year old 20 years and 6 regions later.

Redstar45

lmao the anime doesn't need to go that far; just being as dark as the games themselves is enough. Plus, the show seriously needs to let Ash go at this point. It's honestly laughable to think about how the people working on the anime justify Ash still being a 10 year old 20 years and 6 regions later.
Do you know that soon and later..... Satoshi will be returning la la a Digimon adventures tri ? Hopefully done better than that show "shudder"

Last edited:

Redstar45

Redstar45

Ok i am understand that view....any way i am still excited for generation eight as i getting annoyed with generation seven now .

Agstrek

I'd like something at least as mature as XY. While I know Pokémon is supposed to be for kids, it still used to be watchable during that season. Some darker themes, actual progression, references to past generations...anything. Just something to let us know that Pokémon has grown up. That, and an end to Ash's dragged-out journey at the end. Seriously, let him go already; this new guy is barely Ash! It's almost painful to see just how badly they've dragged it on, since Pokémon still remains one my most fondly-remembered shows. Overall, it's a pretty short list. I just want Pokémon to become more than a vehicle to peddle more games and merchandise to kids, which honestly isn't that hard for any half-decent writer. Hell, XY managed to be a half-decent show despite not really abandoning the formula; it's definitely possible for the Pokéani staff.

Of course, what I want is different from what I expect. In the end, the formula seems to be working for Pokémon and they're gonna milk it for everything it's worth. We already know there's no interest in turning Pokémon into a show that stands on its own as a legit good anime, so I expect the next season to be the same thing over and over again. Ash will learn nothing from his past mistakes, and will be shipped to another region far away from home. He'll dump all his Pokémon at Oak's lab, capture a new team, lose a League, beat a villainous team and send Team Rocket blasting off for the millionth time. Do I sound cynical enough?

Here's my question to people still waiting around for this show to mature: Do you honestly expect Pokémon to ever be a good anime that learns from its mistakes? I honestly think people who still have any hopes that Pokémon will grow up should just realize a simple fact: This show isn't for you, and you're the one who must grow up. Watch something else. Like romance? Find a good romcom. Love action? There's tons of great action anime out there. Want comedy? There's some hilarious side-splitting comedy anime out there. Unless you love the way the anime is right now (of course, there are lots of people like that and there's nothing wrong with enjoying the show as it is), you should find something else. There are so many shows that can tell a more compelling story in 25 episodes than Pokémon was able to tell in hundreds.

Sorry if I sound a bit sour, but it honestly irritates me when people expect Pokémon to grow up as a show even though it's obviously never gonna happen.

Pokemon doesn't need to grow up, it should just try to be a well written kids show that both kids and adults can enjoy.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Pokemon doesn't need to grow up, it should just try to be a well written kids show that both kids and adults can enjoy.
Well, I did say this is what I want from the show, and it's obviously different from what GF wants. And if people enjoy the show for what it is, then great! I'm just saying everyone who believes Pokémon will eventually change to fit their perception of what it should be are deluding themselves and should just look elsewhere.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Even when this anime tries to make the league a big deal, it falls flat since the stakes are so low. I've rarely felt the league as a climax.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Even when this anime tries to make the league a big deal, it falls flat since the stakes are so low. I've rarely felt the league as a climax.
Well the last two ones have put the villain team arc after the league.

Redstar45

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What are the chances of the next female companion getting a bigger role and doing a lot of battling again? Probably very little...but one can hope.
She has no chance; the writers and higher ups will probably continue the trend of making her a non battler with a small team full of stereotypical small and cute girly Pokemon of 3 or less.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

DatsRight

What are the chances of the next female companion getting a bigger role and doing a lot of battling again? Probably very little...but one can hope.

I dunno, they've really downplayed the grittier elements for the female characters since XY and it's only gotten worse from there. Within this time, they've abolished them being in any battles they lose, then any battles they TAKE HITS BACK (which kinda stunts any development as a battler), then SM dithered awkwardly from the start giving most of the girls proper character flaws (thus not much opening for character arcs), and in the current episodes they don't even seem to let them do basic slapstick anymore (keeping in mind SM is A SLAPSTICK CARTOON). Right now the heavy underplaying of the girls almost feels like intentional maintenance so they don't have any Mary Sues on their hands.

The recent few episodes have pretty much had a comparison course with the boys and girls plots. The boys have had quirky intense plots involving their foibles, the girls have been.....doing VERY mundane and feminine things with no real variation or character based obstacles peppered onto it. This is not counting episodes they just choose to forget about the girls altogether. The next episode will supposedly have a more weightful plot for Mallow, but it looks a lot like an external force, not something that develops Mallow's personality and agency. It feels like the writers are struggling to care about their female protagonists anymore (that or some executives have started putting more restraint in what they can do with them, and obviously you need the bad to develop the good) so it's just becoming a generic sitcom premise where the girls are the boring straight men in the background.

I'm truthfully half expecting the next gen to turn Ash into Homer Simpson just to maintain some relevance to these dull girls. :p

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
As much as SM was good, it was a bit too happy in tone.

As I said before G8 should be much darker in both the games and anime.