• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If S&S is like DP/XY and Ash acts like those versions of himself, she definitely can come back. Shouldn't Kalos be close to Galar technically?
There's no guarantee that the next series will be like DP/XY and it shouldn't be like it anyways. It should be it's own thing and not copy off of another series; it just comes off as extremely lazy and it wouldn't interest me at all if it's like either series.

Epicocity

There's no guarantee that the next series will be like DP/XY and it shouldn't be like it anyways. It should be it's own thing and not copy off of another series; it just comes off as extremely lazy and it wouldn't interest me at all if it's like either series.
When they say "like" I'm sure they mean in the interest of matching the tone, that is to say a more competitive region and series when it comes to battles, which means a more focused and serious Ash. And there's quite a bit to suggest it could be. SM matched the atmosphere that Alola had in the games, but that kind of atmosphere wouldn't match the kind we seem to be seeing coming out of Sword and Shield.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
If S&S is like DP/XY and Ash acts like those versions of himself, she definitely can come back. Shouldn't Kalos be close to Galar technically?
I remembered when ORAS came out, people expected May would come out in XY anime because of the relation between the Gen 6 games, but they gave us Steven and Sawyer instead. I would assume if they're going to promote Kalos or XY again in SwSh, they probably going to make Diantha and an original rival from Kalos instead of Serena?

D

Deleted member 384931

If by some miracle Serena came back, I'd rather she was made to deal with a more humanised version of Ash with actual flaws that wouldn't leave her crush an utterly stagnant aspect of her.
Yeah, change. Maybe that is what she meant with changing? It would be farshaowed lol, but I dont get my hopes up

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't see it as lazy for the Galar series to be more like DP. I don't think anyone expects a perfect copy anyway as that would be impossible to pull off given the different writers that we have in the newer sagas. Most people just want Satoshi to act a bit more like he did in the past instead of him being all about quirky comedic gags like he is now.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The fact that Satoshi is extremely likely to keep the Rotom around due to the new Rotom Phone is really disappointing. Rotom has been one of my least favorite characters in SM, and I didn't want to see it linger in the upcoming saga.
I guess it's going to be downplayed though, since he is a phone and not a flying companion
Probably just a talking phone with RotomDex memories and that's it

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
I guess it's going to be downplayed though, since he is a phone and not a flying companion
Probably just a talking phone with RotomDex memories and that's it

I hope that the Rotom Phone will be toned down compared to how Rotom's been acting in SM, but I'm not too hopeful. Something tells me that we're in for SM 2.0 in Galar, except with less cast members hopefully.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I wonder how the tone of this series will be. On one hand, Dynamax and the heavier focus on battles reads serious and action-packed. But I’m worried the Rotom Phone and the sillier side of Dynamax (tiny little Pokémon suddenly becoming 30 ft tall, for example) will keep the comedy tone that I really don’t want repeated.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'm happy with what we've been shown as far as characters go. Gym battles taking place in stadiums will be interesting and the only thing that I don't really care for is the Dynamax gimmick which I fear will be worse than Z-moves.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering that gyms are back and the games are putting heavy emphasis on exploration with the Wild Area I am expecting the series to go back to the traditional travel formula.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Considering that gyms are back and the games are putting heavy emphasis on exploration with the Wild Area I am expecting the series to go back to the traditional travel formula.

Most people already assumed that the traveling aspect would return in the upcoming saga anyway as soon as Gyms were hinted at in the first Shield and Sword game trailer.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder how wild areas will be handled, as they seem to be more relevant than just a safari zone

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ashton Ketchum said:
Ash in first two episodes saves some city from mad giant Pokemon.

I don't know if it'll happen in the first few episodes, but I could definitely see the Dynamax boost negatively affecting some Pokemon at some point in the Galar saga and Satoshi needing to save the day from a giant rampaging Pokemon.

RedR

I'm going to say that Ash, Milo, and Sonia are going to be the main cast. Since they were introduced first in the direct, they are probably the characters that will be focused on in the show.

The Pokemon Anime influenced LGP/LGE to use Pokemon Yellow as a base, which included the Anime version of Team Rocket
(see: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gos-difficulty-meltans-reveal-and-the-future)

And the fact that the mobile game Pokemon Masters uses the musclebound animation for Brock from the sun and moon series shows that the anime is influencing a lot of decisions on the game side of things.

So I don't think it's a coincidence that these are the characters that were introduced first, which probably means they are the main cast.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think Yarrow being Satoshi's male companion is plausible since he does give me a bit of a Dent vibe, but Sonia looks like she's in her late-teens or early-twenties, so I'd find it hard to imagine her as Satoshi's traveling companion.