• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
You have a point, but I imagine the regional Dex restriction will have some impact on which Pokemon appear in the SwSh anime. Because if there's a kid watching and wants to get the game, only to find out that certain Pokemon doesn't exist in the code, it will make them upset as a player.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
You have a point, but I imagine the regional Dex restriction will have some impact on which Pokemon appear in the SwSh anime. Because if there's a kid watching and wants to get the game, only to find out that certain Pokemon doesn't exist in the code, it will make them upset as a player.
Yes yes, it's definitely gonna have some effect.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I am watching the show since the OG days. I know when this community likes something and dislikes something on a large scale.

Nah, while it will affect the appearances, but they are not going to outcast other Pokémon completely. The Anime has its own universe.

Wrong. The ratings were declining till BW. XY redeemed the ratings and now XYZ has the highest ratings out any Pokémon season surpassing the OG saga. BW has the worst ratings, and SM 2nd worst. Keep in mind that right now I am talking Internationally.
They don't really follow the ratings because if they did then Maybe Pokémon would be a good show right now.

This isn’t factual information. You can’t just go off what someone told you. I’ve seen actual data regarding ratings and none of this is true. Don’t tell me I’m wrong because I’m completely right with evidence to back it up. Your attitude towards everyone on this forum who doesn’t worship XY and make up rumors to go with your delusions is getting out of hand. You can defend your favorite series to death and that’s understandable but you can’t just spew out incorrect information regarding ratings to try to make XY look better.

XY ratings surpassing the Indigo League ratings is just...laughable. The highest rating XY got was a 6.4 and the highest rating the Indigo League was in the 11’s. It’s a huge difference. Obviously times were different as well.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
OshyHikari said:
Because if there's a kid watching and wants to get the game, only to find out that certain Pokemon doesn't exist in the code, it will make them upset as a player.

I think that's a rather minor concern for the writers, though. They usually have creative license to do whatever they want, so I doubt that they'll adhere strictly to the available Pokemon in the Shield and Sword games and only showcase those in the anime.

J.Agera

This isn’t factual information. You can’t just go off what someone told you. I’ve seen actual data regarding ratings and none of this is true. Don’t tell me I’m wrong because I’m completely right with evidence to back it up. Your attitude towards everyone on this forum who doesn’t worship XY and make up rumors to go with your delusions is getting out of hand. You can defend your favorite series to death and that’s understandable but you can’t just spew out incorrect information regarding ratings to try to make XY look better.

XY ratings surpassing the Indigo League ratings is just...laughable. The highest rating XY got was a 6.4 and the highest rating the Indigo League was in the 11’s. It’s a huge difference. Obviously times were different as well.
1. I did mention that I did research and I came to the conclusion THAT SM was popular during early 2018 during the Aether arc but it was low on the top 10.
And currently it isn't even in the top 10. The source is Japan Anime TV ratings/rankings.
2. If you think you are right, I would like an evidence.
3. I think it's you who does everything thing in power to defend Sun and Moon. I acknowledge XY's faults and defend it only when the claims against it are downright invalid. My attitude isn't really nice towards everyone HATING ON XY FOR INVALID Reasons.
4. I don't make XY look better, IT IS THE BETTER SERIES.
5. About the series wise ratings, I already said I was speaking INTERNATIONALLY, not on the behalf of the Japanese because I can't get any goddamn source for Japanese reviews on Pokémon series.
And Internationally XYZ is the highest rated series.
Here is the source:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31592/Pokemon_XY_Z?q=Pokémon XY

BW has the worst ratings.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9107/Pokemon_Best_Wishes?q=Pokémon black

SM second worst.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34034/Pokemon_Sun___Moon? q=Pok%C3%A9mon%20sun%20and%20moon%20

OG Ratings: https://myanimelist.net/anime/527/Pokemon?q=Pokémon

Search every other series on that site and you will get what I was saying. XY gave it a clear rise from the dust.

You didn't even attempt to fully read my replies before.
I don't claim stuff without backing it up.
I never spew out incorrect stuff.

Last edited:
TVTokyo has mentioned that they don't give a flying f*ck about ratings. It doesn't matter. XYZ in the west is definitely objectively rated the highest, but that really doesn't mean it's good, just that a lot of people like it.

However, I'm not sure people like the SM anime that much in Japan at all. SM126, which highlights SM's " narrative " of being a goofy, slice of life show to its fullest extreme, was hated in Japan and is the lowest rated SM episode

SM in Japan isn't rated well at all on a consistent basis, but ratings don't matter like I said. Even viewership is totally destroyed because of the time slot switch, but even that doesn't matter since TVTokyo's financial reports say the anime is 3rd in terms of money made from the anime

Last edited:
The reviews people give there are pretty biased so it's subjective unless we are talking about critical reviews.

We shouldn't be talking about ratings or scores in the first place.

Whether or not critics liked XY, SM, or anything else Pokemon is different matter, I'm not even sure if any " critics " review the Pokemon anime in the first place. When people give their opinions about films or series, their's the general audience review and the review from the " critics "

Both matter and neither are inherently better than the other

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
SM isn’t even my favorite series so no, I don’t go out of my way to support it. And your source that users voted on which makes it illegitimate. I thought we were discussing actually ratings??? Not user ranked series on a website.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Also can people please stop the narrative that’s it’s scientifily possible to prove XY(Z) was the best series to grace the Earth because it’s annoying thanksss

This.

And since we can’t discuss ratings, I’m going to drop this ridiculous topic but for anyone who wants to see the factual ratings feel free to pm me.

And I’d like to point out that was I wrong earlier about the Indigo League’s ratings being in the 11’s. Apparently they got up to the 18’s.

Last edited:
Also can people please stop the narrative that’s it’s scientifily possible to prove XY(Z) was the best series to grace the Earth because it’s annoying thanksss

But no one is saying that? It's universally the most liked, which is an objective fact when using that website as the source, but that doesn't mean anything really in terms of quality other than it's able to reach a wide number of people

J.Agera

We shouldn't be talking about ratings or scores in the first place.

Whether or not critics liked XY, SM, or anything else Pokemon is different matter, I'm not even sure if any " critics " review the Pokemon anime in the first place. When people give their opinions about films or series, their's the general audience review and the review from the " critics "

Both matter and neither are inherently better than the other
Critics atleast try to be objective.

SM isn’t even my favorite series so no, I don’t go out of my way to support it. And your source that users voted on which makes it illegitimate. I thought we were discussing actually ratings??? Not user ranked series on a website.

What do you even mean by actual ratings? Ratings are always subjective. Even on Japanese Anime TV the viewers rate the shows.
Anyways I think we should stop.

No one is talking about that jeez.