• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So... This new announcement has potential for something very cool
As of right now that is. I'm still expecting the worst for the new series (the Johto to XY formula with team rocket fillers and Ash losing leagues)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
As of right now that is. I'm still expecting the worst for the new series (the Johto to XY formula with team rocket fillers and Ash losing leagues)
Well, it depends which characters do you care. If you are into Ash and wanted a badass version of him, you're probably find the series as a treat compared to how he was depicted in SM.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well, it depends which characters do you care. If you are into Ash and wanted a badass version of him, you're probably find the series as a treat compared to how he was depicted in SM.
Dunno about you but it does really sounds good to my ear

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, it depends which characters do you care. If you are into Ash and wanted a bad*** version of him, you're probably find the series as a treat compared to how he was depicted in SM.
Considering her dislike of XY, I doubt she wants bad*** Ash. Actually, I think she doesn't want Ash at all.

Redstar45

Considering her dislike of XY, I doubt she wants bad*** Ash. Actually, I think she doesn't want Ash at all.
Not really shocked as most fan on serebii dislike xy arc

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Not really shocked as most fan on serebii dislike xy arc
How many of us here would like to see the companions/classmates doing more badass things on their own?

Redstar45

How many of us here would like to see the companions/classmates doing more badass things on their own?
Fews ? Dunno as i barely only read forum nowadays

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
If you're comparing it to other competitive games, like say Smash Bros for instance, that game is designed to give pretty much every character a similar amount of power.

false

MockingJ

Banned
I dislike SM, but I also dislike the concept for the new series. I hope Galar will get the most of it and the other region just a small part.

Yeah I think that the Galar portion of the new series should be the main point and that the other regions should only get short mini arcs at most.

VoltTacklingPika

I guess my prediction that Gen 8 would do something very different wasn't far off. Pokemon now seems to be focusing on all of its content, instead of hyper-focusing on the new thing. Pokemon: I Choose You and the Power of Us were AUs outside of the Gen 7 confines (even if, as per the series' MO, it featured Gen 7 Pokemon a lot), the first movies is being remade, and Pokemon Masters brings in characters from every single generation.

I like it. New characters and storylines are great and keep things fresh, but I love the idea of following-up on older characters, too. The Pokemon world is such a vast place now that it'd be a shame to leave most of it alone. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of Galar, but popping back to the other regions to catch-up on older companions would offer something more to fans like me who has grown bored of the series.

I'm tired of Ash's adventure. A new series exclusively about his ongoing journey, no matter what form it took, isn't going to excite me since I know that he's not going to change and the world isn't going to change. So the chance to get away, even if it's only for half-an-episode, would be welcome.

It'd be really cool if they had concurrent storylines that merged at the end, too.

Emelie

Bookworm
I'm a little worried that the whole "we're focusing on ALL regions" in Gen 8 is going to be 50 % Kanto nostalgia, 45 % Sinnoh remake advertisment and 5 % other regions.

Lately they have been hyper focusing on both Kanto nostalgia (Misty and Brock reappearing twice and the movie focusing on Gen 1-2) and advertisment for new games (Lycanroc, Poipole, Melmetal, Eevee).

I hope the anime is going somewhere with this and not just to appeal to older fans and sell more games.

game3524

I disagree, Sinnoh doesn't deserve much pandering. Out of all the regions, it was the most developed by the writers and DP was nearly 200 episodes. Kanto (ironically) was actually the least developed region, I think some are confusing the games pandering towards Kanto with the anime. The anime doesn't really do much with the region (even on the second go around, they didn't really explore it or did much world building).

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Yeah I think that the Galar portion of the new series should be the main point and that the other regions should only get short mini arcs at most.

I also think that the Galar region should be the focal point of the Gen VIII saga. Personally, I wish it were the only focus instead of other regions apparently also getting some attention in the upcoming saga, but I figure that the writers are trying something new in order to appeal to players of Pokemon Masters.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A story arc idea I had was one where Ash keeps getting headaches, but can't seem to figure out why it's happening.