• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I’ll never understand how y’all let Sylveon become so popular with those creepy eyes.

Umbreon and Glaceon > the rest of the eeveelutions

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I’ll never understand how y’all let Sylveon become so popular with those creepy eyes.

Umbreon and Glaceon > the rest of the eeveelutions
Japan has a thing with female idols and magical girls stuffs and Sylveon reminded them these? And its feelers are very handy like extra hands, especially that the Eeveelutions are 4 legged creatures.

Last edited:

MockingJ

Banned
Just depends on what you mean by mature.

Most people seem to think that mature means dark or edgy, but let's be honest that wouldn't work in the anime series that we have now. So unless something drastic like a reboot does happen in the Gen 8 series, I think we can expect the same old vibe in the next saga that we've been dealing with for the past 20 years.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Most people seem to think that mature means dark or edgy, but let's be honest that wouldn't work in the anime series that we have now. So unless something drastic like a reboot does happen in the Gen 8 series, I think we can expect the same old vibe in the next saga that we've been dealing with for the past 20 years.

I think that most people just want Satoshi to stop acting like such a kid, but that won't happen because he doesn't age or grow in a permanent way. Assuming that he's kept as the main character in the Gen VIII series, I think that the best we can hope for is for him to become more like his DP or XY self, although in some ways I would find that unappealing since I think that him becoming too competent makes him boring as a character.

DatsRight

I think that it could refer to Serena's, or it could just be chosen for the sake of marketing.

I'm even more intrigued by the use of Alola Vulpix and Shaymin.

If this is linked to previous trainers' Pokemon, it looks like a bone throw for 'lower deck' Pokemon that got demoted in their original series.

Last edited:

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever

If this is linked to previous trainers' Pokemon, it looks like a bone throw for 'lower deck' Pokemon that got demoted in their original series.
Basically, Alola Vulpix should be Lillie's, Shaymin should be Mallow's, the Sylveon does have no sense, in my opinion.
Many people think it's referred to Serena, but I think it's strange they have put both Lillie and Mallow without Lana. It would be unfair, just saying.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, people wait when Lana's Eevee gets new Eeveealution. And she already have fairy-type Pokemon - Primarina.
Except I don't think that Lana will get a new Eeveelution unless she's carried over to the Galar anime and remains an Ash companion.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
They probably won't evolve Nagisa since Eevee is becoming far more popular than before, thanks for its exclusive z-move, being starred in LGPE and saw its Dynamax form in one of SwSh trailers instead of its Eeveelutions.

MockingJ

Banned
Well, people wait when Lana's Eevee gets new Eeveealution. And she already have fairy-type Pokemon - Primarina.

I don't think there are any upcoming new Eeveelutions in Gen 8 anyway, but regardless the Sylveon on the calendar is probably meant to either represent Serena's or is just a random Sylveon given how popular that thing is.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:

I still say that they're only on the calendar for marketing reasons since they're quite popular among the fandom. I mentioned that in the other Shield and Sword anime thread, and I'd just like to add that I find it hard to believe that Mao and Lilie would appear in 2020 since Satoshi will have recently left Alola, and to me any return to the region probably wouldn't happen until much later in the Galar saga.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I still say that they're only on the calendar for marketing reasons since they're quite popular among the fandom. I mentioned that in the other Shield and Sword anime thread, and I'd just like to add that I find it hard to believe that Mao and Lilie would appear in 2020 since Satoshi will have recently left Alola, and to me any return to the region probably wouldn't happen until much later in the Galar saga.
However, it's possible that the regions aren't visited in chronological order.

DatsRight

It would arguably make more sense they'd call back to Alola earlier since that was the most recent series and be the timeline and cast the current younger fanbase will likely be most familiar with.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
May promoted Glaceon even though she wasn’t a companion anymore, but that was in her return; if Lana’s Eevee evolves before SM ends, there wouldn’t be ample time to promote it. Nagisa evolving into Vaporeon really is the only option that makes sense.
I agree. The only reason I can see Sandy evolving into a Gen 8 Eeveelution is if Lana remains a permanent companion in the Galar anime.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

I'm really hoping that writers go with having 2 rivals for Ash this time. Each will get one starter. Different kinds of teams. Different battle tactics. Some rivalries between pokemons from their parties. Galar seems like a promising region for pokemon battles instead of fun vibed SM.