• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

DatsRight

I dunno, that just sounds weird to me when they could promote the Galar stuff first since those are the games that need the most exposure right now.

Oh no, they will likely promote Galar first, just I could see Alola being the first 'call back' region they do limelight for, besides maybe Kanto for obvious reasons.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN said:
I'm really hoping that writers go with having 2 rivals for Ash this time. Each will get one starter. Different kinds of teams. Different battle tactics. Some rivalries between pokemons from their parties. Galar seems like a promising region for pokemon battles instead of fun vibed SM.

I actually don't want any full-time rivalries between any of the Pokemon on Satoshi's Galar team and his rival's team, mostly because I just find it really predictable and it usually means that we have to tolerate several battles between said Pokemon, and Satoshi's Pokemon loses and has to get even with its rival at the end of the saga.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Oh no, they will likely promote Galar first, just I could see Alola being the first 'call back' region they do limelight for, besides maybe Kanto for obvious reasons.

I can't see why they would show off Alola as one of the first regions when it's series ended just a couple of months ago. If we're going by the region we've seen the longest time ago, then Kanto and Alola are at the end of the line.

Lunalah

I can't see why they would show off Alola as one of the first regions when it's series ended just a couple of months ago. If we're going by the region we've seen the longest time ago, then Kanto and Alola are at the end of the line.

This. Why should Alola get shown again so soon after Ash leaves that place? Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova deserve to be shown sooner than Alola.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This. Why should Alola get shown again so soon after Ash leaves that place? Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova deserve to be shown sooner than Alola.
Only because the calendar "implies" that Lillie and Mallow are appearing next year, that is unless the two of them are permanent companions again.

D

Deleted member 384931

Merchandise isn't any proof. Only magazine scans, previews from Pokémon itself, trailers.
Since when are we relying on calendars?
Are we so desperate?

D

Deleted member 384931

They just frickin spoiled Ash winning the Alola league. He is winning after 22 years and they end up spoiling it 3 days before...wtf
Do the writers even care anymore?
This is atrocious.
I really hope they replace the director for the next series.
Idk tbh if they decide what will be shown and what not

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Yajima as chief director instead Yuyama!
That would be perfection.
Idk tbh if they decide what will be shown and what not
Director's permission should be compulsory. They can't just screenshot a pic or cut a clip and go against director's wishes to show it, (if that's even the case.)
I am pretty sure it's not possible without the director's consent.

D

Deleted member 384931

That would be perfection.

Director's permission should be compulsory. They can't just screenshot a pic or cut a clip and go against director's wishes to show it, (if that's even the case.)
I am pretty sure it's not possible without the director's consent.
Then it is indeed time for a new one

D

Deleted member 384931

Idk who allow the marketing team to show thing but ya this gen they been awful with showing big spoilers.

Hopefully swsh anime doesn’t have this problem.
Yeah they spoiled Lycanrock évolution, Ash winning the league etc. I hope Ash gets some unpredictable mons. Or he finally uses his old Pokémon like he should

Leonhart

Imagineer
saradanaruto said:
They'll probably make the 8th Gen anime series more serious because of the gyms in the games. I've noticed that whenever gyms are a really big deal, Ash's personality changes to suit that theme and so I think he'll stop goofing off now especially since he'll win the Alola league.

I think a lot of fans expect this to be the case, assuming of course that we're dealing with a continuation of Satoshi's journey and not a complete reboot. I personally like the idea of Gyms once again being an important step in Satoshi's quest to become a Pokemon Master, and I hope that he'll also win the Galar League or whatever the equivalent of that may be.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Many times when a network TV drama airs there are split-screen credits with much of the screen taken up by a promo for the next episode of the series, these promos are meant to be very enticing.

Disney XD should do something like that for future seasons of Pokemon, having the credits occupy a smaller portion of the screen and the promo for the next episode, containing shots from the episode with very dramatic music and a no-nonsense announcer, takes up a huge portion of the screen.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Cant u see that now that Ash is winning a league, as much as I dont see this as a real league, the writers do. That means they might end Ash’s journey now:(

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Cant u see that now that Ash is winning a league, as much as I dont see this as a real league, the writers do. That means they might end Ash’s journey now:(
If next gen anime is not does well then there is a chance of see A Satoshi returning is pretty much higher than the lower risk is not happening as this happening in yokai watch