• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt Ash is going anywhere.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
With the reboot a possibility, I bet this eighth gen series will take place on eight regions where each has some kind of challenge. They are going to involve the Gym Leaders somehow but I bet they'll downplay or remove entirely the villains of all the other regions and only focus on Team Rocket because of Jessie, James & Meowth being a cornerstone of the anime. I suppose Rainbow Rocket is a possibility but that would still downplay the roles and stories of other villains. Now what I don't know is, will Ash actually win the league of this series or not? Not really sure because this is the Pokemon Company were talking about who is overprotective of Ash's character, preferring it to play it too safe to the point that they don't care if the story quality gets declined because of it.

Actually, now that I think about it. Outside of a potential crossover with Ash's friends in past series and of course that green, what exactly is the point of this reboot? If they really want to redeem Ash's character from his inconsistent and downright terrible character development through a reboot, then they must be planning an proper end to his character as well right? On the other hand, the Pokemon Company is very overprotective of Ash. If they wanted Ash to win the league and had a plan to continue his adventures after that, wouldn't it just be easier to pick up after the SM series left off than start his adventures all over again? If they want to have Ash lose again in a reboot, then what's the point of a reboot? See where I'm going with this, as interesting as this reboot idea is. The Pokemon Company is an unpredictable sort.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Cant u see that now that Ash is winning a league, as much as I dont see this as a real league, the writers do. That means they might end Ash’s journey now:(

Well, Ash already won a league and his journey didn't end there, besides, he's not achieving his goal of being a 'Pokemon Master'. Sure being a Pokemon Master is subjective, but it's been said multiple times that being a champion of a league is only a stepping stone.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well, Ash already won a league and his journey didn't end there, besides, he's not achieving his goal of being a 'Pokemon Master'. Sure being a Pokemon Master is subjective, but it's been said multiple times that being a champion of a league is only a stepping stone.
Yes but with this this weird ad for the new series with all regions and thr return to original title..

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Yes but with this this weird ad for the new series with all regions and thr return to original title..

That's very true, but I still remain optimistic. I have a feeling that the title is just a place holder, because they haven't named the show just Pokemon since the beginning, but it would be confusing if they did that, right?

When it comes to the 'all regions' part, that I don't really know. It could be something to Ash taking field trips to those regions every now and again, or they could just be a bunch of special episodes dedicated to said reasons.

Also, Ash has been the face of the anime for 20+ years. I think it’s going to be very risky to just drop him out of nowhere and come up with something new.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
That's very true, but I still remain optimistic. I have a feeling that the title is just a place holder, because they haven't named the show just Pokemon since the beginning, but it would be confusing if they did that, right?

When it comes to the 'all regions' part, that I don't really know. It could be something to Ash taking field trips to those regions every now and again, or they could just be a bunch of special episodes dedicated to said reasons.

Also, Ash has been the face of the anime for 20+ years. I think it’s going to be very risky to just drop him out of nowhere and come up with something new.
I dont think its a placeholder cuz they directly say they are back to old title.. again, I agree with u and think that Ash and TR should definitely stat. I just cant see it happening it with the facts we know so far. I hope Im wrong

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]

It's not that risky if they just replace him with another version of Ash himself, aka the AU Movies Ash.
Which I hope doesn't happen.
But ending him at SM would surely cause rage in the Pokemon Anime community, so I guess there's a little risk even then.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
It's not that risky if they just replace him with another version of Ash himself, aka the AU Movies Ash.
Which I hope doesn't happen.
But ending him at SM would surely cause rage in the Pokemon Anime community, so I guess there's a little risk even then.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I don’t think S/M would be a very satisfying ending. If anything X/Y would’ve be a good place to close his character, if they decided to do so, which they didn’t.

It’s true, if they go with AU Ash then it isn’t risky, but dropping Ash period along with Team Rocket just isn’t something I see them doing.

D

Deleted member 384931

It can be done easily Trio saves Alola and decide to say here. Ash is the Champion. His old friends meet the new protagonist and Ash pops up frequently

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I wish they had ended Ash quest with DP. I and pretty much everybody else feel like OS-DP was an era and that BW/XY/SM were rather disconnective. Would've also been better if BW used the game protagonists.

Out of post DP series, yeah XY would've been the better series to end Ash's journey. And once again, it probably would've been better if SM actually had an all new protagonist. I felt like Ash was totally out of place with him going to school after six regions.

MockingJ

Banned
I definitely think that Ash's journey should've ended in Kalos, but I'm thinking that he'll take the next big step towards his goal in SS once he gets a sponsorship from Chairman Rose and starts competing in Gyms again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shayminslicker said:

I agree. He's pretty much cemented his legacy in the series, and as much as some people might criticize his inconsistencies and character overall, I can't really envision someone else replacing him. Any potential replacement would likely just end up becoming a watered-down version of him anyway, so I wouldn't see the point.

Lunalah

You know what @PorcelainVulpix your getting closer to figuring out these three series BW, XY and SM being somewhat a AU that I know the answer to for very good reasoning.

They were just stating their own personal head-canon, but it's wrong any way since all the sagas take place in the same universe right after each other. I say that last part specifically because I've seen some people try and force the idea that Black and White happened before the Diamond and Pearl saga even though that's completely ridiculous.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
They were just stating their own personal head-canon, but it's wrong any way since all the sagas take place in the same universe right after each other. I say that last part specifically because I've seen some people try and force the idea that Black and White happened before the Diamond and Pearl saga even though that's completely ridiculous.

Exactly. I was clearly stating an opinion that I even said I know isn’t canon.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Personally, I thought it was a good time to say goodbye to him because I wouldn't stand another series with shonen Ash, ridiculously OP rival, pointless shipping and synchro-powerhouse.

Thanks Arceus it's over.
I can't wait for the reboot series starring a brand new shonen Ash, a ridiculous OP rival, even more pointless shipping and synchro-powerhouses lol... I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.