• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you expect the writers to go about writing the 8th gen?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Come on now guys, we all know that we only get our token badass Ash series twice every two decades

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I would prefer a teenage Ash.
20 year old will push it into the Sienen demographic which dosen't suit Pokemon at all imo.
Shounen suits Pokemon far more than any other demographic.
So 13 -17 year old teen Satoshi then ?

Redstar45

Yep. Perfect for a Pokemon Anime with no marketing restrictions.
he already has been a shonen hero character even if Shudõ-san himself didn't really planning on him to be one during os anime show when he still around at time.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
he already has been a shonen hero character even if Shudõ-san himself didn't really planning on him to be one during os anime show when he still around at time.
I mean he doesn't really feel like a true shounen character due to his inconsistent development.
Pokemon is still a kodomo and it always was. Maybe there were two "certain sagas" that felt like shounen but weren't really shounen.
They need to remove that Kodomo tag to actually be a good Shounen, which I highly doubt will happen.
Anyway let's just celebrate that Ash won. lol

Redstar45

I mean he doesn't really feel like a true shounen character due to his inconsistent development.
Pokemon is still a kodomo and it always was. Maybe there were two "certain sagas" that felt like shounen but weren't really shounen.
They need to remove that Kodomo tag to actually be a good Shounen, which I highly doubt will happen.
Anyway let's just celebrate that Ash won. lol
Yeah !

VoltTacklingPika

The question is: does Ash winning the Alola League make any difference to how he's perceived in Galar?

I have a feeling that this win isn't going to change much at all, and that Ash will remain this nomadic trainer few people have heard of. I don't expect that he will act any different than normal, but I feel like there should be recognition of his accomplishment and that'd it'd be fun to explore the consequences of that win.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The question is: does Ash winning the Alola League make any difference to how he's perceived in Galar?

I have a feeling that this win isn't going to change much at all, and that Ash will remain this nomadic trainer few people have heard of. I don't expect that he will act any different than normal, but I feel like there should be recognition of his accomplishment and that'd it'd be fun to explore the consequences of that win.
Same how Ash's victories in BF and OI didn't make any difference in following series. It will be soft reset/reboot like always for Ash. I think it'd be like AG where some people( Max and probably few) recognized Ash in the league and later it faded away..

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

I personally hope it's a catalyst for some Galar corporation to have been watching the Alola League and offer a sponsorship for the Galar league.

It would be nice for him to get a bit of recognition outside Alola, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary, given May has been called the princess of Hoenn by some Sinnoh natives.

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
Why are people complaining about "Sm" Ash winning the league?
I don't have anything about "Sm" Ash, indeed, I prefer him to the " Xy" one, because the fact he was a sort of mentor for his companions kinda affected the relationships in the group, especially with Serena, in my opinion.
Since Ash was a sort of Sensei, Serena got convinced he couldn't have flaws at all and got mad when he acted up, after having lost the gym battle.
I liked "Sm" Ash because it was a return to origins. I really don't care about a strong Ash, an Ash who has got unbeatable Pokemon if there isn't any kind of moral development.
Therefore, I do think the "Sm" League and Ash winning it is a sort of reward of the moral and true development he has gone through the whole series. Everyone can say whatever they want about "Sm", but people maybe should truly try watching it and notice how much "Sm" Ash has grown as a person.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
I don't have anything about "Sm" Ash, indeed, I prefer him to the " Xy" one, because the fact he was a sort of mentor for his companions kinda affected the relationships in the group, especially with Serena, in my opinion.
Since Ash was a sort of Sensei, Serena got convinced he couldn't have flaws at all and got mad when he acted up, after having lost the gym battle.
I liked "Sm" Ash because it was a return to origins. I really don't care about a strong Ash, an Ash who has got unbeatable Pokemon if there isn't any kind of moral development.
Therefore, I do think the "Sm" League and Ash winning it is a sort of reward of the moral and true development he has gone through the whole series. Everyone can say whatever they want about "Sm", but people maybe should truly try watching it and notice how much "Sm" Ash has grown as a person.
That arc did a great job of strengthening his and Serena's bond though because of the exact reason you stated. Her perception was that Ash knew how to take losses, not that he was perfect.
This single thing can't be the only reason. And moreover that this was a positive factor. The greninja arc is the only arc individually dedicated to Ash Ketchum himself for development in the entire series. He became overconfident with Greninja, underwent depression, doubted himself. No moral development? Yeah.

SM Ash's personality is so different he doesn't feel like ash and he has so significant development in this series.
Ash was already growing as a person since Kanto and his personality changed so much in SM, it was far from his origins, I can't really see him as Ash.
People are not liking him winning because they wanted his first ever league win to be more of a heavy hitter with great buildup and not a weak league where even new trainers can enter. (And this league was written badly)
And yeah, I did watch Sun and moon.
regardless I am happy that he won, but it could have been a lot better.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
sage striaton said:

A lot of fans are irritated that it took this long for Satoshi to win a full-scale Pokemon League competition, and also because this saga has been focused more on slice-of-life themes and comedy, so the fact that Satoshi won a big League in such a relaxed setting probably feels wrong to them. Personally, I just hope that him winning the Alola League means that he'll get even stronger in Galar instead of resetting completely like he did in Best Wishes.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Many times when a network TV drama airs there are split-screen credits with much of the screen taken up by a promo for the next episode of the series, these promos are meant to be very enticing.

Disney XD should do something like that for future seasons of Pokemon, having the credits occupy a smaller portion of the screen and the promo for the next episode, containing shots from the episode with very dramatic music and a no-nonsense announcer, takes up a huge portion of the screen.

Cartoon Network did this during their first year in the anime, Season 9. Disney XD also did this just one time, which was for episode 1000. I do agree with you that I wish they did this every episode. Since the Japanese anime always ends with a preview for the next episode anyway. I feel like they could just dub that. Not sure why they don't do that.

If this league wins amounts to nothing in the context of the narrative in Galar, that would make this league win much worse for me.

DaijobuPlease

I think Ash will still be in the anime, more of a journey of going to Galar and face all these champions from all over the world, get sponsored for being a champ! He gets there and gets smacked! Hint hint CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? SOCCER?

Or they just passing the torch to some new kid and he just cameos the way the did in Beyblade evolution if anyone has seen that. Went from the 4 main characters to staring a new blader but in the same world and the 4 mains become side characters and we follow this new blader

Redstar45

I think Ash will still be in the anime, more of a journey of going to Galar and face all these champions from all over the world, get sponsored for being a champ! He gets there and gets smacked! Hint hint CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? SOCCER?

Or they just passing the torch to some new kid and he just cameos the way the did in Beyblade evolution if anyone has seen that. Went from the 4 main characters to staring a new blader but in the same world and the 4 mains become side characters and we follow this new blader
That isn't new as lot anime show or manga do it always the time !

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Cartoon Network did this during their first year in the anime, Season 9. Disney XD also did this just one time, which was for episode 1000. I do agree with you that I wish they did this every episode. Since the Japanese anime always ends with a preview for the next episode anyway. I feel like they could just dub that. Not sure why they don't do that.

Disney XD should start programming the 8-11 PM hours (7-11 Sundays) similarly to the major Networks with episode premieres of DXD programming airing exclusively in those hours. This would be a better timeslot for my approach of doing episode promos.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DaijobuPlease said:

Rica's recent interview made me think that she'll continue to voice Satoshi in the new saga given some of her comments, especially the part about Satoshi possibly going to "the next level". So I doubt that the writers will write Satoshi out of the anime by passing the torch to someone else.