• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about 4 Gyms done in 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
OR...he could be going to the league, and Team Rocket or Team Plasma could cause come sort of commotion or destruction, delaying it. That would give a reason to go to Eastern Unova.
The most logical choice for that would be N's Castle, but finishing up the Plasma storyline only halfway through? Eh...

pokefandt

I think its a good amount. I think the pacing got better as time went on. There has to be some kind of balance between what the time between Nacrene and Castelia and Castelia to Nimbasa was. The latter went on just SLIGHTLY too long, while the former was too short. 20-25 episodes is a good amount, as long as the stuff in between is plot important and fun to watch.

They could have the Driftviel, Misaltron, and Iccirus in 2012, finally Opelucid in the first third of 2013, with the league in the summer/fall, with a 10-15 episode gap between the final badge and the beginning of the league.

dman_dustin

Well the first half of the gyms has been action packed, at least for Ash anyway. As well as only being 50 episodes so far.

He has eight region Pokemon + Pikachu (Maybe more on the way).

He's had 2 evolutions, which prior to this series would be unheard of it at this point. Since he's only ever had at most one evolution at this point.

Ignoring Caterpie's super quick evolution in the first series (as well as Charmander's). In Kanto which is the shortest region generation it took until Episode 43 for a starter evolution. Which if you to actual were to do the math was actually near the halfway point and after the 6th gym. So arguably if you want to count Caterpie's quick evolution, Best Wishes and Kanto are technically tied as of now.

In Johto we had to wait for a long time before Chikorita evolved. About 73 episodes, and we haven't even hit that mark yet. Of course Chikorita was the only Pokemon of Ash's to evolve in Johto.
In Hoenn- We had to wait until AG066 before Treecko evolved.
In Sinnoh- Sure there was Starly into Staravia but that was only one and so far aside from Kanto is currently the fastest evolution for a Pokemon on Ash's team. But it took until DP085 for Ash's next evolved Pokemon and LOL at it being Ash's newest team member at that point.

In Unova- While technically the episodes were spaced, Ash evolved two Pokemon back to back by BW023 (taking out the Plasma Rocket episodes). And chances are Ash may very well have another evolved Pokemon by BW066 maybe even prior to Elesa's gym.

So evolution wise, it's pretty jam packed as well.

I think that about covers it for me on Ash's side with captures and evolution.

Now for the 4 gyms in one year? Well I'm hoping that we get two in the next year, and maybe the final 2 in the third year. But the pace might be way too long for some people. So maybe they can have 2 years of gyms. Have the Unova League begin on January 2013 and end by April 2013, begin the filler saga and end whenever the next generation happens.

Grey Wind

I don't mind the pace, it's fine. It doesn't feel too rushed so far. Most of the fillers are quite interesting too, and aren't as boring as the Johto ones. A filler arc in Hoenn/Eastern Unova will probably happen as well.

RickHoenn

Banned
It's great, only 4 or 5 fillers so far in the whole series.

This gap was too long tho, the pace for first three gyms was kinda unbalanced and then 27 eps, more than the 23 Ash took to win the first three badges, but it was nice, a lot of things happened. :p

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't really care how fast it goes, I want to see something exciting happen. Like a filler season

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I'm just hoping they stick with the 20-25 episode gap between gyms; it's just the right amount of space to allow stuff like captures, training, character development, and whatever various plot-lines they come with up to get done.
I didn't like how the first three gyms were only 10 episodes apart, it didn't leave time for anything other than getting to the next gym; so I'm glad they took their time getting to Nimbasa, it left room for some entertaining stuff.

KKS-Lapras

I hope Ash get's in at least one more gym victory after the one in Nimbasa, that way, CyberCubed will have another issue with which to create a forum.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I just don't want to see unnecessary padding when they can just do a filler saga.

A "filler saga" is what would be unnecessary padding. A bunch of stomping around in circles stalling for time, never touching upon anything from any game, and occasionally fighting a made-up gym leader in a made-up gym? How is that not padding?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
*Goes Technical*

When the 5th gym happens, it'll be over a year, so 3 gyms in one year. But from BW005-BW052, that's less than a year.

Anyway, yeah, it's good, but I'm not that excited about it.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
This does seem to point to a filler saga taking place in eastern Unova. Only problem is, there's really no conceivable sidequest that Ash could take part in there. I can see something like the Orange League occurring there. Hell, for all we know, this could mean Ash wins the League and has to travel around challenging the Elite Four, which in and of itself would be cool.

Think about it: Ash vs. N in the final battle of the Unova League, for the fate of humans and Pokemon alike. Zekrom vs. Reshiram, maybe, but I don't think that'll be happening.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
A "filler saga" is what would be unnecessary padding. A bunch of stomping around in circles stalling for time, never touching upon anything from any game, and occasionally fighting a made-up gym leader in a made-up gym? How is that not padding?

And challenging the E4, which are from the games, wouldn't be productive? Remember Cynthia battles you in BW too.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
This does seem to point to a filler saga taking place in eastern Unova. Only problem is, there's really no conceivable sidequest that Ash could take part in there. I can see something like the Orange League occurring there. Hell, for all we know, this could mean Ash wins the League and has to travel around challenging the Elite Four, which in and of itself would be cool.

Think about it: Ash vs. N in the final battle of the Unova League, for the fate of humans and Pokemon alike. Zekrom vs. Reshiram, maybe, but I don't think that'll be happening.

As of now there might not be much they could do with the eastern side of Unova. Like mentioned earlier, if they ever get the Team Plasma plot up and going, they could make at least part of it take place there. If not, whatever content is brought on by the inevitable Third Version (and possible RSE remakes) could easily be placed there as a filler arc.

And if not, the writers will think up something to keep this series going on for the three to four years that it needs to.

Last edited:

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
Even as the number one critic of Best Wishes, one of the things I give the series credit for is its pace. I like having a fast-paced series. This might make enough room for a Hoenn visit, which would be the ideal filler season, IMO. Series one had a filler season(OJ Isles), and Series 3 had a filler season (Kanto Battle Frontier), so Series 5 having a Hoenn filler season would be great.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
If there's a filler season in Hoenn, that could mean that characters that previously weren't in the anime (the Frontier Brains, Karen albeit highly unlikely for her and Will) can be introduced, and it'll make up for there being no Battle Frontier arc (although as far as the pacing's concerned, the writers couldn't afford one) in Sinnoh. BTW, if Caitlin's introduced anytime soon, will she be in her Gen IV outfit or her Gen V gown?

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
How was the Battle Frontier padding? That's counted as a filler saga.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
How was the Battle Frontier padding? That's counted as a filler saga.

It wasn't padding, and I have no idea why anyone would count that as a "filler saga", since it... you know... adapted the Battle Frontier portion of Emerald.

Enel

Banned
Perhaps I used the wrong terms when I meant filler saga. Technically, you can't consider adapting the Battle Frontier as "filler". I don't really like the word filler, either. It gets too many negative connotations. What I personally meant is the next B/W game will likely be coming out by the time they get to the league, so they can advertise the inevitable new game's Battle Frontier like they did with Emerald. I apologize to anyone if I came off as ignorant.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Never really noticed. The pacing is good, I guess. But like DP, it could suddenly drag on a year before we gen another gym battle.

Mikuri

Sorry for my English
I was hoping that this series is shorter.
I want remakes of Ruby/Sapphire and I want Ash back to Hoenn.
Dawn is there participating in the Contests. *-*

Status
Not open for further replies.