• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So, it turns out there are multiple Parker's and you can tell them the difference by the colour of their Collars.

So, how do you feel about another one of these recurring characters this late in Best Wishes, or could they reappear in the next series?

diakyu

I could easily see him becoming a reoccurring character for future sagas whenever Ash needs to go somewhere by boat.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No. I'm tired of the writers using clones for whatever they need. It's like they are too lazy to make different normal characters in different areas.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I really don't mind about them multiplying, because I think creating more characters is a nuisance given the depleting ideas for character names and designs.

jh941

I do find it slightly odd. I can see having a big family of nurses and police officers, kinda like the career runs in the family. Don George was a bit of a stretch, each member of the family being some kind of gym freak person. As I haven't seen the new episodes I'm not 100% sure what Parkers purpose is, but it seems like a big family of tour guides? Not sure...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
What? its not the same guy? there is one in each boat? lol

Meh I have no problem with it I guess, I don't have a problem with the other 3 so I shouldn't have a problem with this one either.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
God, I didn't even notice. It's kind of creepy in this case cause it was never acknowledged.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Well we all get used to it so Parker will have the same fate ; we'll find it stupid but after that, there won't be any worries.
But I have to admit, Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny were something, Don George is kind of logical but Parker ? To be honest, a normal "boat-keeper" in each boat with different outfits would have done the job... We'll see.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I find it unnecessary to be honest. I mean I wouldn't have minded much if each Parker had a distinct personality, but the ones we've seen thus far all seem as bland as cardboard in my humble opinion. Also, this trend of giving BW characters generic English names is starting to bug me. But that's a whole other issue. :p

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Also, this trend of giving BW characters generic English names is starting to bug me. But that's a whole other issue.
Game Freaks based Isshu on an English country so it's only natural the games mirror that by intermixing English names in with things. Though the African-Isshuian Gym Leaders(Iris, Aloe) in-game make that painfully obvious. Carlita's(From the Victini Movie) family too.(IIRC they were based on Native Americans.) Or Dent, Pod, and Corn.(Caucasian) I don't see how it could bug you when they're only being accurate to the games. *Shrugs*

Rohanator

I just lol'd when I realized there's another clone character. They just don't give a f*ck. xD

Welp. At least there's now two groups of both clone women and men. Yaaay gender equality.

There's no way I would've ever cared about Parker anyway so yeah, doesn't really bother me much, it's just silly.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Just another aspect of Da! that was poorly planned, no big surprise there.

Really? how so? there are multiple boats to take them from island to island apparently, so he works like Don George with battle clubs, Joy with PokeCenters, etc.

I don't see how thats poor planned really, I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal, unless people havea problem with the other 3 examples, then that would be consistent and I would understand the argument.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I just lol'd when I realized there's another clone character. They just don't give a f*ck. xD

Welp. At least there's now two groups of both clone women and men. Yaaay gender equality.

There's no way I would've ever cared about Parker anyway so yeah, doesn't really bother me much, it's just silly.

And then there's that Cloned Sheep-pokemon idea that they abandoned for being too controversial.. -.- Yet, they clone humans under the guise of them being 'family'.. I got one answer, and it rhymes with in bed..

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Really? how so? there are multiple boats to take them from island to island apparently, so he works like Don George with battle clubs, Joy with PokeCenters, etc.

I don't see how thats poor planned really, I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal, unless people havea problem with the other 3 examples, then that would be consistent and I would understand the argument.

Not really. The other three are all multiple facilities in different, fixed locations. There's no reason, on the other hand, to have multiple ships with multiple Parkers when a single ferry traveling to the islands in order would make more sense both in and out of the context of the plot. It's like if there was a different Freddy O'Martian at every tournament instead of the same one.

Not only that, Da! is only going to last three to four months at most, so introducing a new character who will only exist in it in a mold that has previously only featured major recurring characters in multiple regions (though Don George remains to be seen, but he can easily reappear in XY) is lazy, sloppy writing.

There is literally no explicable reason for there to be multiple Parkers. Is it a big deal? No, you're right, it isn't. But it is just one more bit of lazy writing in an arc full of it.

diakyu

I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal,
Yep. Such a small detail. Nurse joy has been around since the beginning and people don't complain about it, and there are literally hundreds of Nurse Joys. If this annoys you, how you manage to watch the anime in general is beyond me. This is a kids show. Kids probably think it's ridiculous and funny and that's what the writers want.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
I just think the animators are getting lazy....is nothing new just watch the unova league audience (talk about attack of the clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.