1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about Ash losing every tournament in Unova?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by CyberCubed, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

While Ash was allowed to win the tag battle tournament in DP, both Pokeringer challenges and the Twinleaf Festival tournament...he has now lost all 3 tournaments in the Unova series.

Do you think there is a reason for this? Are they saving his big win for the league? Or is Ash simply doomed to never win anything special?

2. TheSirPeras

TheSirPeras The end of an era

I think he should have won the first one. The second one was for them to show off the battle between brothers (sawk and thro) and this one is definitely for Trip... Ash could have won the first one... But not with Pikachu, he's been starring too much and Pikachu had starred and would have starred Ash's two other big battles (Burgh and Elesa)

3. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

The writers just don't like him very much this season.

4. Are you trying to make drama in this fanbase?

I'd care like a immature fan but...

I have a rewrite.

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I am pretty sure nobody compares fanfiction to the main anime. You can make Ash a champion in fanfiction but it makes no difference.

6. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

I don't know. I'm still hoping to see another tournament before the League, in which he wins and receives a Riolu/Eevee egg.

7. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

being a bit premature aren't you cyber? let's wait until unova ends before saying he didn't win any tournaments

8. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

I don't feel like giving this explanation again, so I'm just going to copy and paste what I've posted before:

It doesn't take a genious to figure out why Iris won the first tournament. Misty, May, and Dawn all had their accomplishments. Misty had her side achievements and May and Dawn had their contests to shine in. The writers made Iris win because it gave her an accomplishment like the previous girls before her, as well as give her and Excadrill a reunion win together.

As for the second tournament, it was made simply to showcase Throh and Sawk in the finals.

Trip winning the third tournament was also obvious, because the prize is battling Alder.

As for Ash, giving him a tournament win is pointless since he already takes all the attention anyway. People wouldn't watch if Ash was the only focused one.

9. TheSirPeras

I think there will be one last tournament after the league. Where Ash wins to redeem himself xD

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Doesn't make sense though why he's being portrayed as so terrible in Unova. Even in Kanto and Johto he still had sizeable accomplishments from time to time.

11. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

All the people saying everything after johto sucked would beg to differ.

12. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

HTML:

All the people who arent saying everything after johto sucked would beg to differ.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  13. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I was wondering if his losses in these tournaments are building up to his League win too, but if he won here it'd feel so out of place. The only thing that would make Ash winning the league this time around realistic would be if he used his reserves too, which I highly doubt is going to happen.

14. dd1zzle

dd1zzle Well-Known Member

The season isn't over yet. Plus Ash won a lot of tournaments in past seasons.

15. TheSirPeras

Watch Ash call back DA CHARIZARD and pwn Trip's 2 "most powerful" Pokemon (Conkeldurr and Serperior). Oh man Ash should have done this in this tournament, Charizard would have the advantage over both those and we know Trip would have chosen one of those xD

16. HatersGonnaHate

Well since Ash has so many achievements already, giving some to others isn't a bad thing. Unova isn't over, so Ash could still win something (like the league?)

17. I'm fine with Sawk winning the donamite. Trip really needed redemption after losing to Bel, so nothing wrong with him winning. Pikachu should have beaten the Drill in the first tournament.

That would require the writers to replace Ash afterwards, and that won't happen.

18. TheSirPeras

Exactly I don't get why Iris had to win. Was it to show off Excadrill's power after it started obeying her? Like it doesn't really make sense :/

19. HatersGonnaHate

Not believeable, sorry.

That's an assumption based on nothing.

20. Please explain how it isn't believable. I don't see how anybody could blatantly come to that conclusion. Especially since Pikachu is stronger than the drill.

You mean like your comment above?

Actually it's an assumption based on what the writers have been doing for the past 15 years.

Especailly since she could have done that in an earlier round. Like maybe against Luke and then the Outrage crap wouldn't have happened.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.