• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about Chloe's character and arc (so far)?

Are you satisfied with the direction Chloe's character took?

• Yes, I like it.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I have mixed feelings. (Elaborate below)

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters

Gingertail24

Did they really have to do the whole "idk what I want" for 3 years tho? Idk I'm ready for a new female lead. She is more of a secondary character anyways. So I doubt she is sticking around.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Did they really have to do the whole "idk what I want" for 3 years tho? Idk I'm ready for a new female lead. She is more of a secondary character anyways. So I doubt she is sticking around.
I'm honestly ready for a female lead who knows exactly what she wants, and what she wants is to be a badass battler. :cool:

Bonus points if she's she already an experienced trainer, not a mere beginner who was just handed her first Pokemon.

Gingertail24

I'm honestly ready for a female lead who knows exactly what she wants, and what she wants is to be a badass battler. :cool:

Bonus points if she's she already an experienced trainer, not a mere beginner who was just handed her first Pokemon.
Yes please, really want a main female battler. The last one was Lana, and she was meh. Especially compared to the boys

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Who wants to bet that the exact opposite of this happens and we get another non battler female lead that's unsure on what they want to do?

Falconmaroni

Didn't you get that with your avatar? We had Iris for that already.

Falconmaroni

We're talking about main female characters after BW. The only one is probably Lana, but even then compared to the boys, she was meh
Yeah, but people keep posting as if we never had one. Misty was mostly marred by the lack of battles in the OS, and the fact that that series was only focused on Ash whereas Misty/Brock were just supporting characters so Misty wasn't written like the battler she should of been.

May was probably trainer wise developed the most as a regular battler, especially since her Contests resembled more straight-forward battling than the ones in DP or XY, but people overlook it because she was in Contests. Dawn the same, as I mentioned above. And then Iris was basically the epitome of it but unfortunately the second half of BW as a series was terrible so people stopped caring. if Iris was in a better written saga people would have been content.

Gingertail24

Yeah, but people keep posting as if we never had one. Misty was mostly marred by the lack of battles in the OS, and the fact that that series was only focused on Ash whereas Misty/Brock were just supporting characters so Misty wasn't written like the battler she should of been.

May was probably trainer wise developed the most as a regular battler, especially since her Contests resembled more straight-forward battling than the ones in DP or XY, but people overlook it because she was in Contests. Dawn the same, as I mentioned above. And then Iris was basically the epitome of it but unfortunately the second half of BW as a series was terrible so people stopped caring. if Iris was in a better written saga people would have been content.
Hmm idk I mainly see people praising dawn, may, iris (at least in journeys) and Misty(in SM, idk about is) for being great battlers.

It's just kinda jarring after iris, it's been a while since we got a main female competent battlers. They tried to do it with Lana, but the only battle I remember is guzma (where she got manhandle), mallow (which isn't impressive, it's mallow), wishiwashi, and I can't remember much else. I don't count the ones battling on groups because doesn't really display individual battling skills considering your whole class is helping you

So yeah we had them, but the last one we genuinely had was iris. And that was years ago.

DatsRight

Hmm idk I mainly see people praising dawn, may, iris (at least in journeys) and Misty(in SM, idk about is) for being great battlers.

It's just kinda jarring after iris, it's been a while since we got a main female competent battlers. They tried to do it with Lana, but the only battle I remember is guzma (where she got manhandle), mallow (which isn't impressive, it's mallow), wishiwashi, and I can't remember much else. I don't count the ones battling on groups because doesn't really display individual battling skills considering your whole class is helping you

So yeah we had them, but the last one we genuinely had was iris. And that was years ago.
The problem was that Lana never really got to actually BATTLE properly until the league, and even those matches were just curbstomps both for and against her. There's not really a whole lot of developed battles for the girls post-BW where it feels like they are actually testing and improving their skills, it's always too undercooked or one sided. Ironically Lillie might be the best example within that tenure, as small as that increase got (she was legitimately clever against Gladion, just she had barely trained Snowy at all to manage anything).

Weirdly a lot of the better female mini-arc characters are key battlers. Korrina, Olivia, Hapu, Bea, etc. It's weird they never tried making a main character out of one of them.

It kinda feels like Chloe's downgraded role was the result of them falling further and further into 'neutral female' territory with the main Pokegirls that they just didn't think one could hold anymore. A main character just has to be in the thick of the action at some point after all, they can't just conviniently keep them out of all the gritty bits.

Last edited:

DatsRight

That clashes against Ash, who's the designated battler getting the badges/whatever. They don't want capable female battlers in his expendable group if it means he won't be more of the hero.
Meh, Ash has had capable battlers in the group before without demotion. SM girls were underplayed sure, but Kiawe was still as much a devout battler as Ash was, and even had a rival dynamic with him.

Gingertail24

Dude.

Kiawe's a dude.

One who wasn't allowed to have an epic battle with stakes against Ash as promised, even.
Jeez. I remember how he got mad at goh, even though he himself never had a full battle with ash, until the end of the series....

I'm still wondering what was going on in the writers head where we never saw a full battle between them, but when it does happen, they cut to the end. That's why I never believe kiawe was one of ash best rivals lol. Lol at least trip haad more than one full battle with him

Sham

The Guardian of War
Jeez. I remember how he got mad at goh, even though he himself never had a full battle with ash, until the end of the series....

I'm still wondering what was going on in the writers head where we never saw a full battle between them, but when it does happen, they cut to the end. That's why I never believe kiawe was one of ash best rivals lol. Lol at least trip haad more than one full battle with him
We don’t speak of those battles. At least Kiawe had quality battles beyond Ash. Trip got beating but everyone but Ash and basically spammed Serperior the whole time.

Gingertail24

We don’t speak of those battles. At least Kiawe had quality battles beyond Ash. Trip got beating but everyone but Ash and basically spammed Serperior the whole time.
Don't get me wrong. Kiawe is leagues better a character than trip is. But doesn't say something as a rival that you had quality battles with anyone else, but your own rival themselves?

And I know it's the anime not games, but trip is basically every trainer who has that really strong pokemon in their team that they keep spamming. Some people praise Paul for acting like the player when they just replace pokemon they seem weak. But when trip acts like the player it's bad now? Bit unfair

Sham

The Guardian of War
Don't get me wrong. Kiawe is leagues better a character than trip is. But doesn't say something as a rival that you had quality battles with anyone else, but your own rival themselves?

And I know it's the anime not games, but trip is basically every trainer who has that really strong pokemon in their team that they keep spamming. Some people praise Paul for acting like the player when they just replace pokemon they seem weak. But when trip acts like the player it's bad now? Bit unfair
I typically try not to spam a specific Pokémon (especially XY and up) but yeah obviously Paul is a competitive trainer but I guess my whole issue is that we’ve seen him using other Pokémon in the very early parts of the series and he just strictly kept using Serperior entire time. It felt random.

He only really reflexed in the Junior Cup and then absolutely wrecked by Alder (side bar why did Alder only use a single Pokémon is BW?) and finally just lost to Ash in the beginning of the Leauge

Gingertail24

I typically try not to spam a specific Pokémon (especially XY and up) but yeah obviously Paul is a competitive trainer but I guess my whole issue is that we’ve seen him using other Pokémon in the very early parts of the series and he just strictly kept using Serperior entire time. It felt random.

He only really reflexed in the Junior Cup and then absolutely wrecked by Alder (side bar why did Alder only use a single Pokémon is BW?) and finally just lost to Ash in the beginning of the Leauge
I mainly talking about players who mainly just spam there starters. But yeah, u see your point. Trip wasn't a good rival. I'm just bothered that someone like trip had more than one full battle with ash, and kiawe, who many people say is one of ash best rivals, never had one

Honestly I think they confuse likable strong character = good rival. Even though, kiawe never really felt like he had that much of an impact on ash compared to Sawyer, Paul, Gary, etc. Honestly if remove the rival part, and he is just a friend ash uses to spar, nothing would change.

But back to Chloe lol, honestly I feel it's gonna end with evee staying the way it is.