• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about Chloe's character and arc (so far)?

Are you satisfied with the direction Chloe's character took?

• Yes, I like it.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I have mixed feelings. (Elaborate below)

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly I didn’t like Chloe traveling full time. But I guess she needs to break out of her shell. That’s why she travels all the time.

The only good thing about her arc was return of Erika, and Serena.
Kinda wish Misty was for Vaporeon, and Sabrina for Espeon.

Personally, since her Eevee is kinda special, I think it would have been cool if a new Eeveelution was introduced, like a Normal type as well, which can return to Eevee stage at will.

Not that it will ever happen.
Erika did nothing for Chloe and wasn’t even the main focus for the episode. Leafeon got shafted hard

Ryker101

She’s alright, ngl Iliked her more when she was sassy and disinterested but she’s got a decent arc. It was nice seeing her slowly warm up to pokemon and become more involved with Ash and Goh. Eevee is a good parallel for her but I kinda feel bad for Yamper now

She’s been a slow burn character and I like how there’s like 3 separate parts to her journey- first appreciating pokemon and catching eevee, then meeting all the eeveelutions and now trying contests. But she should’ve interacted more with Ash tho

bmw9413

I'm indifferent to her. Chloe isn't bad, she's just....kinda there. She had potential with Yamper, and even catch other Pokemon but all she does is parade around with Eevee. I like that Dawn and Serena both mentored her into the direction of Contests/Performances but other than that she's a pretty pointless character and I honestly WONT miss her if she leaves at the end of Journeys.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah her relationship with ash and even goh is really underdeveloped.
I think they’re more focused on the Ash/Go dynamic. It’s not as bad as Dawn’s interactions with Brock in DP.
How does someone like Chloe with her personality befriend goh, who he himself states he has a hard time making friends
I think that’s because they both grew up together and Koharu is probably Go’s only friend until Ash came along. People will still have friends despite having trouble making new friends. I think that’s normal.

I have a mixed feeling about Chloe/koharu, Like indifferent to her but I honestly want her gone for good when PM2019 ends; the same can be said about Goh, Ash On other hand unfortunately can't stay after PM2019 neither does Team Rocket when they can leave Pokémon Anime. Please, let The next Pokémon protagonist have that torch.

Mew29240

I like Chloe's character quite a bit since, initially, her view on Pokemon was a departure from the typical enthusiasm most other characters in the show had for them. It's nice to see her warm up to Pokemon more as time goes on.

I definitely feel bad for Yamper getting pushed to the side for Eevee, but Eevee does fit Chloe's undecided goal angle more. It honestly makes me wish the situations were reversed and Eevee was the one she grew up with and Yamper was the one she encounters down the line. At least the screentime difference would make more sense then.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Much like pretty much everything with journeys, chloe’s whole plotline has been a whole lot of missed opportunities and terrible execution.

Chloe was an interesting take on a character at first, with how she doesn’t like pokemon in a show where everyone is hardwired to live them. It was interesting seeing him be a foil for the boys, but showing a gradual step to caring more about pokemon with her relationship with yamper.

…..then everything got thrown out the window because she needs to carry evee. I still dislike how chloe got evee. For someone who was still so against having pokemons that she scolded goh and made him apologize to her at the beginning of the episode, she turned around real quick the moment she made eye contact with evee. That was just so bad and out of nowhere, because apparently yamper and other pokemons just weren’t cute enough for her to care about before. Would’ve been better if the episode was her and the boys going to the evee lab and learning that evee can’t evolve FIRST, feeling kinship with evee because of it, actually bonding, and then chloe turning around and wanting to take evee.

Then there’s evee taxi saga, where she literally comes running to wherever she hears there’s an eveelution and just stand around and watch the cotd do their thing. The only ones where it felt like it was chloe’s story as much as it was evee’s story and they learned something was the slyveon ep, and the vaporeon ep to a lesser degree. Chloe barely played a part or really got anything important from the other meetings. The jotho duo she was there just for a dumb mixed up plot, glaceon she was mostly just an observer for regina’s story which took over entire focus of the ep, leafeon was laughable as it barely relevant in the episode, and the circus ep again she and the boys mostly just stood around while the plot revolves on the cotds. Like the circus and regina ep were interesting concepts on their own, but really didn’t need to have chloe’s ‘story’ haphazardly shoehorned into them. It didn’t really do anything for the cotd’s story and neither for chloe’s.

Only the sylveon and vaporeon ep really gave something to chloe to think about in regards to the future, which is such a waste when they could’ve tied the eveelution to more characters with different goals in life that gives a more direct line for chloe to interact with them in regards to her own goals as a character.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Her character arc started rather late in the series, but at least it's developed quite a bit. I'm not particularly happy that she was given an Eievui however since many other important female characters in the past have owned one, and it just seemed like an unoriginal choice to me. That being said, I neither like nor dislike Koharu. She just is.

Falconmaroni

I mean if anything she's May's story done again. I don't know why people are so up in arms over Koharu doing from being disinterested in being a trainer to liking them when this is the same thing they did with May 20 years ago.

SatoSereFan224888

I never liked Chloe joining the boys but I guess her character wouldn’t develop if she didn’t travel.

Falconmaroni

Serena as well
It's mostly May's in the sense that they were disinterested in pokemon, whereas Serena just didn't seem to care about doing anything in XY's first ep with her mother.

Koharu just took an entire series to do what May did within her first 5 episodes, lol

Gingertail24

It's mostly May's in the sense that they were disinterested in pokemon, whereas Serena just didn't seem to care about doing anything in XY's first ep with her mother.

Koharu just took an entire series to do what May did within her first 5 episodes, lol
Well it is portrayed more realistic with Chloe than with may

BlueDragonfangirl

She had potential at first, being sassy and her nice connection with Yamper.
But once she got Eevee she just became very boring for me and pointless
She just smiles and carries Eevee all the time
Sad thing is she will likely get replaced by another lead girl the next series who will catch an evee of that generation.

So Chloe’s character arc will feel pointless here.

I really don’t understand where her character arc is going, I do wish she was a lead girl like all the past girls May - Serena.

Not to mention her interactions with Ash feel forced, I swear she hated him at first always giving him the cold shoulder. Now that she actually has conversations with him it’s never without Go around, it’s like what?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I do wish she was a lead girl like all the past girls May - Serena.
You are wonderful. Finally some1 who realized Serena was the last lead girl <3

I agree with every word u said btw, she be barely interacts with Ash.
imo the problem is not her having an Eevee, but her character being ONLY about Eevee.
Why couldnt she catch Yamper or that Ponyta for example?....

Gingertail24

Sad thing is she will likely get replaced by another lead girl the next series who will catch an evee of that generation.

So Chloe’s character arc will feel pointless here.

I really don’t understand where her character arc is going, I do wish she was a lead girl like all the past girls May - Serena.

Not to mention her interactions with Ash feel forced, I swear she hated him at first always giving him the cold shoulder. Now that she actually has conversations with him it’s never without Go around, it’s like what?
Ash is probably one of those friends you only hang out when someone else is always there but never by themselves. At least that's how they present their relationship

And yeah I can't pinpoint where her arc is going either. I don't mind unpredictable, but this is more Chloe never showed interest in anything (kinda like how Serena interest of pokepuff and like vision for shadowed showcases) so idk what her role is.

Maybe they plan on keeping her for gen 9 and that's where she finds her goal, but then, did they really have to spend 3 years on her "idk what to do" arc?

Hopefully not, not interested in Chloe and I'm ready for a new female lead. I feel her arc might end with her deciding to travel at the end of the series, but by herself