• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about current Cartoon Network? v.2

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
So the original thread is long dead lol, and since time has passed and everything is slightly starting to change I figured why not?

With Uncle Grandpa and Regular Show getting cancelled (the latter likely getting a more solid conclusion), the massive increase in Steven Universe's popularity, We Bear Bares, PPG 2016 I wanna know how everyone feels.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think it's terrible tbh. It's just a bunch of 10 minute shows with the exact same crappy art style. Depending on how the new Ben 10 and Justice League shows do, I might just give up on CN permanently given that I don't even really watch the dub of pokemon anymore :/...

Ilikepiex7

Kind of stopped watching CN because of how everytime I get on the channel Teen Titans go is on followed by another hour of Teen Titans Go

The only things i really watch are pokemon in mornings when its on tv and the Amazing World of Gumball, teen titans go is always on omg :c

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm really not sure how to feel about the channel as a whole anymore. Their over reliance on Teen Titans Go is obnoxious for starters, they're seemingly going through a mini purge with some of their shows (where the f*** did Clarence go?).

Uncle Grandpa and Regular Show getting axed is no shocker, the latter has run its course and the former should be thankful it lasted this long.

Powerpuff Girls 2016 borderlines between utter mediocrity to downright insulting bad, I do not give a s*** about the new Ben 10 reboot for various reasons one of which has to do with the way it feels and structures.

I've been very hard on Gumball in the past and while I'm still not a fan, I don't think its a terrible show anymore so at least there's that.

When's Adventure Time getting cut? You barely show it now anyways..

We beare bears seems okay, not a huge fan or anything.

Pokemon is not a Cartoon Network production so it doesn't really count.

It hurts to say it but Steven Universe is the only show I genuinely care for and that has major scheduling issues up the as*..

Cartoon Network has dissolved into this meme worthy former shell of what it once was with cringe worthy segway's (the see and say s***).

Just stick with Netflix or Hulu.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Their schedule is oversaturated in Teen Titans Go. While some episodes are mediocre at best, a good deal are horrible. Whatever "moral" they throw around comes off as ham-fisted despite being a parody moral, meaning it sends the wrong message. Other times, it feels like they're insulting their critics and ignoring their own flaws. Tiny Titans did the concept much better.

Powerpuff Girls 2016 - This show was suppose to be about cute girls in a world of tough villains. The Slice-of-Life take on it ended up damaging the show. And when did they suddenly get Green Lantern powers? I did really enjoy their crossover with PPG though.

Steven Universe really is still good. I like the mythos but the style of animation isn't my taste.

Their main problem is that they constantly shove their shows in favor of what's popular, making it have the Disney Channel Effect. The more minimarathons you show, the more annoying the show gets.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Their schedule is oversaturated in Teen Titans Go. While some episodes are mediocre at best, a good deal are horrible. Whatever "moral" they throw around comes off as ham-fisted despite being a parody moral, meaning it sends the wrong message. Other times, it feels like they're insulting their critics and ignoring their own flaws. Tiny Titans did the concept much better.

Powerpuff Girls 2016 - This show was suppose to be about cute girls in a world of tough villains. The Slice-of-Life take on it ended up damaging the show. And when did they suddenly get Green Lantern powers? I did really enjoy their crossover with PPG though.

Steven Universe really is still good. I like the mythos but the style of animation isn't my taste.

Their main problem is that they constantly shove their shows in favor of what's popular, making it have the Disney Channel Effect. The more minimarathons you show, the more annoying the show gets.

You know it's bad when Disney has better shows then you lol. Elena of Avalor, Sofia the First, and The Lion Guard are awesome shows even if two of them are based on little kids, they don't stray away from more adult themes.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
You know it's bad when Disney has better shows then you lol. Elena of Avalor, Sofia the First, and The Lion Guard are awesome shows even if two of them are based on little kids, they don't stray away from more adult themes.

Lion Guard is a kids' show? That episode where the crocodiles dueled each other with explicit violence really sent a different message to me. Maybe watching that episode first was a bad idea.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lion Guard is a kids' show? That episode where the crocodiles dueled each other with explicit violence really sent a different message to me. Maybe watching that episode first was a bad idea.

Well it's on Disney Junior lol. Still they cover mature subjects like child birth so it isn't too kiddy.

Creyk

The air too much Teen Titans Go. Is it even popular?
Steven Universe is their best show, they show it sometimes but it could be more.
Adventure Time is also tolerable but they seem to turn on it as of late, I don't see it lasting many more seasons if they are so against airing it at all.

I feel like Steven Universe is one of the good things of CN, along with the Amazing World of Gumball and early morning pokemon. i barely see clarence tho..(its really funny, its a shame its not on alot). Teen titans go is on too much :,c

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Current Era of Cartoon Network is doing okay for what they have right now but doesn't connect with me anymore,I'll be more prone to watch the old classic shows on Boomerang.I haven't been fully invested into CN since 2005/2006,now I only go on the channel to watch Toonami.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I tune in to watch Steven Universe sometimes even tho I've missed so many episodes hee hee. I find CN to be pretty bad in general however cuz most of the shows are mediocre at best. :[

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
I gave up watching the CN network once the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Chowder went on the air around 2007/2008. I usually get occupied watching on the YouTube app, but I sometimes watch the CN channel when surfing through the channels. Most of the shows today looked obnoxiously stupid and failed to live up to the potential that Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter Laboratory, and Johnny Bravo had once endured. With the exceptions of some shows, like Gumball and the Looney Tunes Show back in 2011, the good ol' days of Cartoon Network are already dead and gone in the history books.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Cartoon Network has kinda fallen flat in recent years which is so sad considering that I didn't have access to the channel until I was much older.

And I'm kinda the black sheep of this thread because I don't like anything CN is currently airing. (I guess I don't mind Gumball but I don't go out of my way to watch it.)

They air Teen Titans GO so much because, as I'm assuming it pulls in young viewers the same way Spongebob does with Nick (which is also at an extreme over-saturation at this point)

The sad part is, most of the stuff that CN used to run has like a lot of reruns here; I actually assumed Space Ghost Coast to Coast was new when I first saw it in 2010 on the late night Teletoon block. I can also still watch original Powerpuff Girls on TV if I get up early enough.

inb4 but I was so excited for the reboot because it looked like it had so much potential and the opening was so nice? But I sat down and watched an episode and it's just outdated memes, slang people that don't know the slang think is hip with the kids, and an excuse to sell merchandise. Also like, the girls feel so much flatter as characters than they used to despite the show having a focus on character. My thoughts are actually really summed up in this rebeltaxi video.

Maybe some other stuff will help the channel but like as it stands, it really doesn't have anything to draw me in.

Lunala

Banned
I dont really watch it often. They air that Teen Titans crap too much

Missingno.Fan

The good: most shows are at the very least okay. I love Clarence and SU. Gumball is pretty good too. WBB is alright and Uncle Grandpa is okay as mindless entertainment.

The bad: way too much Teen Titans Go.

manga raw

I saw one episode of Megas XLR and thought it looked cool, but forgot about it. When I found out it got trashed I figured it was because it was trash. This graph says something a bit different though.