• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about current Cartoon Network? v.2

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Damn. So apparently Regular Show isn't even making it past January, the purge begins early!

January seems to be the month of purge, since Nickelodeon's moving Fairly Oddparents to Nicktoons now.

DBS should be the show to save CN from plummeting down the toilet.

DBS?

Dragon Ball Super, except Toonami's not a part of Cartoon Network, it's [adult swim]. And even then, CN would've put some restrictions on the show if it was to air at all on their block (not as noticeable as like what 4KIDS did when Kai aired on Toonzai, but it'd be there).

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Dragon Ball Super, except Toonami's not a part of Cartoon Network, it's [adult swim]. And even then, CN would've put some restrictions on the show if it was to air at all on their block (not as noticeable as like what 4KIDS did when Kai aired on Toonzai, but it'd be there).

It airs at 8 though,which is before a kid's usual bedtime.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Are they even going to finish Regular Show? I thought it was supposed to end in January.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
CN is virtually dead. Steven Universe and Adventure Time can't keep the entire network afloat. Even Gumball can't save CN at this point. I blame the collapse on the live action shows they had for awhile. The Ben 10 franchise and the shows introduced around 2010 and SU helped revive some interest in the network's programming but it was still going downhill. Even Adult Swim, which I consider to be a separate channel, is failing. All they air now are mostly reruns of the same shows sometimes three times in a single night! There are very few original shows even on that block worth watching. Toonami being The exception but the fatal flaw there is that it is on only once a week.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Are they even going to finish Regular Show? I thought it was supposed to end in January.

Wow I didn't even know it was ending. I used to watch Regular Show religiously a few years back, but much like Adventure Time, I kind of grew out of it. I'll watch the Regular Show finale however, for nostalgia's sake. ^^

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I'm pretty disappointed with CN's lineup for the most part, but The Amazing World of Gumball is one of the best cartoons I've seen. Other than that one, Regular Show and We Bear Bears are the only two that I like.

I feel like I need someone to explain the appeal of SU to me, because I don't see it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well at least they ended Regular Show properly(And sad). Mordecai and Margaret/CJ fans will be real upset though
Only good show left is We Bare Bears now. And it's on hiatus as much as TMNT 2012 is these days.

And I don't get the appeal of SU either.

Captain Jigglypuff

Well at least they ended Regular Show properly(And sad). Mordecai and Margaret/CJ fans will be real upset though
Only good show left is We Bare Bears now. And it's on hiatus as much as TMNT 2012 is these days.

And I don't get the appeal of SU either.

Gumball isn't a bad show. And we have Adventure Time for now.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

I grew up in the Powerhouse Era so I don't watch Cartoon Network anymore except for Toonami but every now and then I'd check to see what's on the channel,currently the only good shows I find interesting are Regular Show and to a lesser extent Teen Titans Go,everything else is trash.

Captain Jigglypuff

Titans Go! may not be the greatest show ever but it has its moments, specifically the first season. It gave Raven a bit more cheerfulness as she wasn't all emo and depressing. Not that she was a bad character but she needed a bit more personality.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I feel like CN's obsession with Teen Titans Go is ruining the channel since it seems like that's all they show nowadays.

It's being toned down. It used to get at minimum 5hrs a day, now it's only 2.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Apparently Teen Titans Go got a airing total of 159 times for this week alone, making it 50% of the schedule.

Granted it being Wednesday means a good portion of it already aired, but that's still absurd.

Toned down my ***.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Apparently Teen Titans Go got a airing total of 159 times for this week alone, making it 50% of the schedule.

Granted it being Wednesday means a good portion of it already aired, but that's still absurd.

Toned down my ***.

While I understand that the Teen Titans show from a few years back, and props to TTG for the original voice cast, I do have to express my distaste at TTG for turning what was a good show with a lengthy over arching plot with small sub plots and even smaller subplots within that, TTG is jus another kids show to me and it's so utterly disappointing to me. It's like microwaveable Kraft Mac and cheese. The stove top version (mid 2000s Teen Titans) is delicious and good, a lot of work goes into making sure all the ingredients go together just right so you don't end up with a pile of orange ******** on a plate. Microwaveable Kraft (Teen Titans Go) has about two ingredients with no effort involved, and you cook it by X just throwing it in the microwave and it leaves you still hungry. While by name they're both the same thing, in all honesty they are two completely different products.

Overall I give it a 10/10 would reccomend for target age group.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

The best idea Teen Titans Go can do is have Batman play a major role in an episode and have Kevin Conroy voice him.

Dragon Ball Super will be the savior of Cartoon Network

Captain Jigglypuff

Dragon Ball Super won't save CN at this point. One good show can't save an entire network. It didn't help with UPN and the WB before becoming the CW. CN seems to be beyond saving at this point and seem to be desperate to keep viewers which is about as successful as Sega trying to overtake Nintendo during the 90s game console wars. CN is at the Dreamcast point. It can't last any longer once SU, Gumball, and Adventure Time all end. Even Adult Swim is struggling if you examine the line up very closely. AS keeps airing the same reruns over and over again and have very few original shows that are still running and have a following. Sometimes the same episodes air three times in a single night which isn't a very good sign and Toonami may have great shows but the flaw there is it's only on once a week.