• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about Fire starter final evolutions always being bipedal?

Psajdak

I know, pretty classic question, but it is kinda like asking what kind of a new type should new Eeveelution receive.

Recently I saw some, IMO, great fanart with fire snake starter by Lockstin & Gnoggin, and it just made me wonder...

I mean, on one hand I understand the decision for them to have two legs, instead of four, fire is often identified with courage, strength, and valor, and, well, shonen heroes.
Two legs kind of make them seem quicker, and more mobile, and agile.

Dunno, I don't mind them being bipedal, but I do think that Incineroar could be better as quadruped.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I couldn't care less, to be honest.

I'd rather have a good, interesting concept than complaining about the number of legs something stands on. In theory, there could be a quadruped Fire starter, but it's so boring that I wouldn't like automatically because it's on four legs. I can also say the same thing about the "too humanoid" thing as well, since it's similar in terms of the complaints.

Red and Blue

Aside from Delphox I like all of the final forms for the Fire starters so I don't mind them being bipedal.

Though if Delphox was on four legs I might like it more, lol

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm fine so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Rune Knight

We must get a quadrupedal final stage for the Goat and Horse starters.

I want the cow to be based off of a Minotaur so that has to be bipedal.

What does a Snake even count as? Unipedal?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I have no problems of the final evolutions being bipedal, my problem is rather that Fire starter starting as quadruped beings like their real world counterparts evolving into bipedal creatures out of nowhere for three generations in a row and the results being rather dissappointing. Emboar was just okay, Delphox was meh and Incineroar for me personally was an abomination. Three starter that were pretty much fine in their base form were ruined that way. I am glad that Scorbunny was bipedal from the start.

So yes, next quadruped Fire starter should stay just that.

In the games, Typhlosion stands on 2, walks on 2, but runs on 4. Don't know what that qualifies as.
That's facultative bipedalism.

Anyways, I never minded all fire starters being bipedal. The majority of starters in general are bipedal anyways, with Grass probably having the least of them.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’ve always thought that Typhlosion wasn’t bipedal but rather having the ability to stand on its hind legs and move a very short distance on them before losing balance similar to Ivysaur. Just because it can stand on its hind legs doesn’t necessarily mean it is fully capable of walking solely on them.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I think Typhlosion is depicted as fighting on 4s seeing as his flame collar is still on his back.

Still, to be fair water types are also all bipeds barring Primarina, which is kind of cheating since she doesn't use her front flippers as feet anyway. It's more of the grass types as having more variety.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You know I never noticed the pattern until you pointed it out

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
As I actually tend to appreciate "Pokémon who stand on two" the most, I have never paid a lot of attention to this Fire-type starters' final evolved stage's fact.
However, in neat contrast to that, I'd like to point out that there aren't many Fire-type Pokémon who are not starters and are bipedal... Indeed, the majority of Fire-type Pokémon who are not starters are quadruped, especially in the first three Generations.

Ditto B1tch

Some of them seems to stand only on bipedal, but a few are quadrupedal when they run (Emboar and Typhlosion, I can't imagine these runing in two legs).

Anyways, yes, for matter of diversity we should have already a purely quadrupedal in the final evolution of the fire starters.

I think Game Freak is stuck in the fighting bipedal stereotype of the final evolution of fire starters since they added Blaziken