1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about Lillie traveling with Ash the next series?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Aquafinna, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Aquafinna

Aquafinna Active Member

A lot of people want a traveling companion to stick around with Ash for two regions like Misty (and sorta May). Logically I think Lillie would be the perfect candidate. She’s just learning to become a trainer and traveling across a less stagnate place could do her good. Plus it would be a nice nod to the original SM games.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be against it per say. Though I'm certain Ash's next female companion will be either the Gen 8 female player or a gym leader.

3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Pikachu is stronger than Ash-Greninja.

I'm not against it, per se, but it's not happening. Of course, people will then complain of favoritism toward her.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  4. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

A little bit disappointed if that happens. Not to be against Lillie but it would be unfair for fans of other Pokegirls who deserve that kind of treatment as well while the producers/writers shove their favoritism into us.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Hee hee...

I can't think of something that's not even happening. They'll never go back to the Misty/Brock formula.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I don't see why she'd need to stick around longer than her respective saga since she's developed well enough already in my view. But just pretending that she stays, I'd feel neutral.

7. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Janice beat up Sam Peterson

I would think they finally got their **** together, but it's really too little too late. They may as well keep throwing established characters away like they have been.

8. Red and Blue

I mean a lot of people thought Serena would stay due to her crush and she still left at the end of XY. What chance does Lillie have?

9. Ignition

Ignition Couldn't care less even if I tried

She's not so I don't care lmao

Red and Blue and keepitsimple like this.
  10. AuraChannelerChris

Well, Ash gave her an egg in less than 10 episodes, so...

I kid. Ha ha.

11. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind it, Ash has a cute chemistry with her and I don't think she's had enough to time to shine as a trainer yet. But as many others have stated, that's probably not going to happen, so many other kindred spirits for Ash like May and Dawn looked like they were going to stick but didn't.

Unless Lillie ends up playing a big role in the Gen 8 games that they want to adapt in I don't see them wanting an artifact of a previous not-currently-promoted game as main character these days.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I remember fans citing Serena's popularity as a reason for her to stick around as well. I think Lilie's popular too, but that's hardly ever a factor in this anime in terms of which characters stick around.

13. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ The Fiery Princess of Mars

I'd be fine with it, but it's not happening.
    Oh gosh lol

Darkrai 888 likes this.
  14. AuraChannelerChris

Better than getting a handkerchief. What kind of kid even carries a damn handkerchief?

15. Red and Blue

If I had to take a guess I could see Lillie leaving for Kanto or another region to become a better trainer. Maybe even at Lusamine's recommendations

16. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi You'll Never See it Coming!

Dead against the idea, given my disdain towards Lillie. If I can't stand her in this series, there's no way I'll be able to tolerate her in another series. Anyway, with the anime trend of replacing every companion every season, I wouldn't need to worry about her continuing as a companion.

17. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

I very doubt about this.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

I guess Lillie would have her second region with Ash, but just like May in AG series - she will stick around in Kanto to promote LGPE (and probably get one of the starters/eevee).

19. Aquafinna

Aquafinna Active Member

You’re the first I’ve seen hate Lillie, if you don’t mind me asking, why?

LilligantLewis likes this.
  20. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really care for it, to be honest. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I dislike Lillie, exactly. It's just that I always find myself feeling utterly indifferent to her and everything that she does. And that is, personally, my least favorite type of character, even above ones that I do outright dislike: the kind that make me feel nothing. (I mean, at least characters that I can't stand are inspiring some level of interest, even if it is just to figure out and analyze what's wrong with them.) So, while I'd survive if it happened, personally I'd just rather have someone else.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018