• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about Lillie traveling with Ash the next series?

nickdt

Lillie staying poses a problem. They want too promote the next series, so that means the female protag is surely also gonna tag along. Do you all really want 2 rookies on the cast with Lillie and the new female. That gets really boring, since then one of them is getting not as much attention as the other.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie staying poses a problem. They want too promote the next series, so that means the female protag is surely also gonna tag along. Do you all really want 2 rookies on the cast with Lillie and the new female. That gets really boring, since then one of them is getting not as much attention as the other.
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I don't think she should stay either, unless they decide not to use a new female character for some reason.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Lillie most likely will depart to Kanto once the series are over, just like in-game, except the writers decide to tag her along with Ash to Kanto due to LGPE's inclusion - and, we don't have much USUM content left to cover in anime.

Regardless, once Generation 8 anime comes out, the female protagonist will be given a chance to shine. Plus, I don't find Ash and Lillie connected 'that' much compared to other poke-girls.

p96822

Evolve me please
This doesn't mean I hate the idea of Lillie traveling with Ash, but I feel like she doesn't has that much quirks that make her lively. Maybe she could learn to be more gutest then using her brain or learn not to be a buzzkill

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
No way Ash's traveling group will ever have more females than males. It would be a constant ship-to-ship combat between girl 1, girl 2, and Pikachu.

I honestly have no idea what you mean here. I know shipping is something to do with relationships (which pokémon isn't going to do with kids anyway, it's far too controversial and kind of creepy), but I've got no idea what Pikachu even has to do with any of that.

Denko Sekka

I honestly have no idea what you mean here. I know shipping is something to do with relationships (which pokémon isn't going to do with kids anyway, it's far too controversial and kind of creepy), but I've got no idea what Pikachu even has to do with any of that.

He's implying that Ash will only ever love Pikachu since he shows no interest in girls.

Leonhart

Imagineer
p96822 said:
This doesn't mean I hate the idea of Lillie traveling with Ash, but I feel like she doesn't has that much quirks that make her lively. Maybe she could learn to be more gutest then using her brain or learn not to be a buzzkill

I don't view Lilie as a buzzkill at all. I can agree that she's not exactly the quirkiest character in the SM cast, but she brings an aura of sophistication to the group that none of the other characters have.

DatsRight

I don't view Lilie as a buzzkill at all. I can agree that she's not exactly the quirkiest character in the SM cast, but she brings an aura of sophistication to the group that none of the other characters have.

Also at least Lillie is 'adorkable' and contributes to the humour and 'wacky antic' plotlines, compared to third wheels like Brock or Mallow who have the odd repetitive running gag at best and otherwise stay in the background.

She's more uptight, but that's in a comically serious sort of way. Her brother is more the 'doesn't do the silly bits' type of character (for the most part).

nickdt

He was shown to have a crush on Giselle though :p

Anyways if Lillie by some miracle returns for gen 8, id love to see her develop more as a trainer and take on the gyms, especially if Ash is doing some new main quest.

I cannot see them not doing Gym honestly, if we get the gen 4 remakes, since 1 gen 8 game having gyms while the other does not, seems a little stupid, especially since the remake seems too be connected to the new region in some aspects (XY - ORAS, Mega Evolution, Mr.Bonding).

ShadowForce720

I cannot see them not doing Gym honestly, if we get the gen 4 remakes, since 1 gen 8 game having gyms while the other does not, seems a little stupid, especially since the remake seems too be connected to the new region in some aspects (XY - ORAS, Mega Evolution, Mr.Bonding).

Then again before we found out that Sun and Moon wasn't going to have any gyms in it some people thought the idea that a main series game that didn't have any gyms in it would never happen and yet then we got pokemon Sun and Moon and Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, just because we could get D&P remakes during gen 8 does not mean that all the main series games in gen 8 have to have gyms.

Could all the main series gen 8 games have gyms it's possible but it's no longer a safe thing to assume.

Slapstick-Olivia

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lillie traveling with Ash to a new potential region. Maybe we can throw in Olivia too and than we will have kinda of a spiritual successor of the first trio from the OS: Ash the hero, Lillie the girl with family issues and Olivia the comic relief who can't find her true loved one.

But jokes aside. Lillie is a very likable character and also one of the better written once of the show. She is actually that type of female character I wish studios will come up more often. She is girly, but not so much that it will feel like a cliché and she is also strong, but not so much that it would feel forces, liked with many females here in the west, who try to spread out some girl power massages. Looking at you DuckTales 2017! Also, Lillie is a very funny character. She is actually how a female should be written in my eyes.

I would actually be okay if Lillie (and Olivia) will travel with Ash to the new region. But only, if they keep Lillies core personalities and if the tone of the new series is kinda like Sun and Moon.

But sadly.... this will never happen... new human characters, especially the girls, have to be switched out for new ones. They are almost as important, as the new Pokémon and the new region for promoting the anime.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lillie traveling with Ash to a new potential region. Maybe we can throw in Olivia too and than we will have kinda of a spiritual successor of the first trio from the OS: Ash the hero, Lillie the girl with family issues and Olivia the comic relief who can't find her true loved one.

But jokes aside. Lillie is a very likable character and also one of the better written once of the show. She is actually that type of female character I wish studios will come up more often. She is girly, but not so much that it will feel like a cliché and she is also strong, but not so much that it would feel forces, liked with many females here in the west, who try to spread out some girl power massages. Looking at you DuckTales 2017! Also, Lillie is a very funny character. She is actually how a female should be written in my eyes.

I would actually be okay if Lillie (and Olivia) will travel with Ash to the new region. But only, if they keep Lillies core personalities and if the tone of the new series is kinda like Sun and Moon.

But sadly.... this will never happen... new human characters, especially the girls, have to be switched out for new ones. They are almost as important, as the new Pokémon and the new region for promoting the anime.

I wouldn't say it would never happen, because it seems like people here who are saying this are forgetting the fact that the whole thing about Ash gaining all knew travel companion each time he goes to a new region only started in gen 5, now I know when some people talk about like the whole companion traveling through another gen with Ash stopped when Misty stopped traveling with Ash, but the truth is that it actually didn't stop until the end of Sinnoh because Brock traveled with Ash up to the end of gen 4 with the only region Brock not traveling with Ash before Unova was the Orange Islands. So there being another case of a companion that sticks around for another generation isn't impossible or that unlikely as some people like to think, will any of the current main characters traveling with Ash now stick with him to gen 8 probably not.

However I see that people keep bringing up the idea that Lillie would go to Kanto and then travel around Kanto because she left for Kanto in the Sun and Moon games, but I think it's important to note that in the games the reason she left for Kanto was because she was trying to find a cure for her mother's condition which when you look at it in the anime obviously her mother has already recovered meaning that right now she doesn't have any specific region to go to Kanto.

Now what's interesting is that where about 90 episodes in, in Sun and Moon and yet Lillie doesn't have a goal yet which in all honestly it would seem weird for us to get a case of where Lillie doesn't travel to the next region with Ash and instead stays in Alola without having a known goal, while it would be also weird if she winds up having a goal that has her traveling through the next region but she does not wind up traveling with Ash which unless she winds up becoming a rival with Ash it would seem weird for her to be traveling through the same region as Ash and for them not to be traveling together.

Now in all honestly if Lillie isn't going to be sticking with Ash to go to the next region then I would expect her to get some kind of goal so that we can at least get an idea of which direction her character is going in. Now certainly the writers do have flexibility with if the want Lillie to go to the next region with Ash as there would likely still be ways to developed her there and plus she could easily catch some new pokemon to promote the new generation, also if they really wanted to they could have Ash have 3 traveling companions with him next region being Lillie and then 2 new characters.