• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about Lillie traveling with Ash the next series?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think Lilie would challenge Gyms since she doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd want to collect Badges. And then of course there's also the chance that we might not even get Gyms again in Gen VIII.

Slapstick-Olivia

I can see her becoming a breeder. Or even a professor. She is more the brains in this relationship, while Ash is more the brawn.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I can see her becoming breeder. Or even a professor. She is more the brains in the relationship, while Ash is more the brawn.

I think that's one potential reason she could work staying (unlikely one that will be used but still). She actually fills a role in terms of dynamics that Ash or another blank slate can't. She's the brains of the function, and not just in the same exposition spouting way most male companions are, as shown in episodes like the Ultra Guardian missions, she offers strategies (without rendering Ash brainless), info on Pokemon (without becoming a Pokedex) and can properly analyse a situation without needing everyone else to be too dumb to live. Her attributes are valid and she doesn't need jobbers like Team Rocket or to be put into main arc competitions for them to be shown off or given the pretence they exist. At the same time however, her skills as a trainer are still pretty undeveloped, and while she knows battle strategies, her experience is very minimal, she has no set goal just yet and only has one Pokemon. Not to mention despite being educated, she has her own mental quirks like Ash does such as naivete and timidness and can have some jokes put on her or need others' direction.

There's still lots they can do with her right now and even if they rush through most of it, she still has just enough character agency to stick out as a more indispensable third wheel.

Even if it doesn't end up Lillie, I think a 'brains' character works well with Ash. Outside battling, he seems like a guy that's fine following others' ideas when they have a better idea what to do (outside when it's his turn to have a moment of brilliance) and right now he has just enough wit and talent under his belt to not look like dumb muscle for it or like the 'brains' character is babysitting him.

Last edited:

Irina

ready for Gen 8
I would totally prefer Lillie travelling with Ash to the next region, but it won't happen. There's probably a slight chance, but that's it.
They rather put the Gen 8 girl into the anime so they can advertise it perfectly with the first new main game for the Nintendo Switch.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
She did, but it's understandable since the Aether Foundation arc gave her closure.

which is basically how Clemont went downhill following his gym battle

I admit it was probably for the best that they ended her phobia arc after the first season

If you're talking about dub seasons, the AF arc happened in the first 11 episodes of Season 2.