• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about May's first ribbon win?

Bendicion

Water Master
"In the episode "Come what May" May wins her first ribbon against Grace, a COTD. However, I feel like May was extremely overpowered. I don't have a problem with May winning against people who are more experienced than she is. That's to be expected in shows like this. I have a problem with the fact that there was NOTHING showing that May had reached this level as a trainer and that she suddenly gained the skilled required to do so for no reason. There was no point where May had displayed sufficient enough skill to teach those moves nor was there a point when Beautifly had shown enough training to pull off those moves without a problem. 50 episodes into AG, and the writers still have made NO solid progress on May as a Pokemon Coordinator and never actually showed her improving her skills to the point where she could accomplish feats like she did in this contest. Apparently there are some people that believe this to be the "best" contest in AG, but I just have to disagree. Not saying it was a bad battle, but the outcome didn't make sense to me. For her first ribbon, it was NOT well deserved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't have any particular feelings about it at first. I didn't think that Grace was that strong of a Coordinator however, so the fact that Haruka won against her didn't seem implausible to me, especially since Agehunt had the advantage against Charem.

Bendicion

Water Master
I didn't have any particular feelings about it at first. I didn't think that Grace was that strong of a Coordinator however, so the fact that Haruka won against her didn't seem implausible to me, especially since Agehunt had the advantage against Charem.
NO strategical ability beforehand was shown by Haruka against an opponent who was shown to be a better strategist than Shuu who is way leagues beyond Haruka at this point??? Grace might as well be Saori It's fairly obvious. The fact that Grace was able to outclass Shuu yet lose to Haruka single handily is telling of the writing of this episode and her horrible handling. The different Pokemon used in the battles doesn't have anything to do with this. It's the skill of the trainer Haruka that I am pointing out.

-We were never shown why May and Beautifly were suddenly so good, or where did those Beautifly moves come from

-It's not credible in my head that Grace, who defeated Drew, lost to May, it's weird ...She had no battle experience, doesn't make sense.

-It had good animation for its time, it is the only redeemable of the episode

4/10... I think...

Tbf, I asked the exact same myself but with the Porygon's episode because you know, is literally 1 episode and all the implications about it.
It has nothing to do with the thread but ... do you think May will come back? I will not accept that she come back if it is not with a mega blaziken XD