• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel about Pokemon being released or given away nowadays?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Because honestly, and I apologize for saying this I am not trying to sound heartless or callous, but the only Pokemon that has ever been released that left an impact on me was when Ash released Butterfree, it was released for a good reason to mate and just in general felt heartwarming yet sad.

But nowadays, even though its rare, I feel either nothing or annoyance when a Pokemon gets released or given away.

What about you guys and gals?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Because honestly, and I apologize for saying this I am not trying to sound heartless or callous, but the only Pokemon that has ever been released that left an impact on me was when Ash released Butterfree, it was released for a good reason to mate and just in general felt heartwarming yet sad.

But nowadays, even though its rare, I feel either nothing or annoyance when a Pokemon gets released or given away.

What about you guys and gals?

By nowadays, you mean Ash's Goodra & Greninja right? I didn't cry on both of them. I thought the Goodra one was forced/rushed so it kinda ruined the emotional impact, while the Greninja was more like Squishy trolling: "Nyahaha! I took away your powerhouse so we can use it for a good cause, instead of being Oak'ed".

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
By nowadays, you mean Ash's Goodra & Greninja right? I didn't cry on both of them. I thought the Goodra one was forced/rushed so it kinda ruined the emotional impact, while the Greninja was more like Squishy trolling: "Nyahaha! I took away your powerhouse so we can use it for a good cause, instead of being Oak'ed".

OK I'll admit that's not wrong, I honestly consider being Oak'ed the lesser of two evils, especially considering he never calls upon his old Pokemon again (or at least does so very rarely) anyway.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They're not emotional in the slightest. They were just forced methods to get rid of Goodra and Greninja.

You want a perfect example of emotional farewell, then watch Bye-Bye Butterfree, Weezing/Arbok's farewell, Chimecho's farewell, Dustox's farewell and Cacnea's farewell. I don't cry over Butterfree anymore, but the TRio's Pokemon gets me every time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since I no longer get emotionally attached or invested in the cast's Pokemon, releases no longer bother me these days compared to the older sagas. I simply go with the flow.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Usually neutral, since, like the poster above, I have no emotional attachment or investment in any cast member's Pokemon. Or anything concerning the anime really.

But I will say that that those fries were stroke-inducing when Greninja got released. XP

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I feel the same way. I was more mad than sad, because he released TWO of his pokemon in ONE Episode. That was upsetting really

nickdt

It doesn't bother me if its a Pokemon they cannot justify having at Oaks, but also cannot justify having on the team permanently, because overshadowing the next regional team(Greninja in this case) or is gonna do some protecting weaker mons or has fallen in love.