• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Do You Feel The Sinnoh League Stacked Up

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Well with this episode of Diamond and Pearl the Sinnoh League has come to its conclusion with Takuto coming out on top as the winner. Well what's your opinion on how it was handled by the writers? How would you say it stacks up to the previous 3 leagues?

In my opinion, the Sinnoh league seemed to be handled pretty well for the purpose of the entire league seeming to be the settling of Ash and Paul's rivalry rather than the battles. It gave some pretty good battles with Ash vs Conway and Paul vs Barry, though I wish there had been more diversity in the battles. Also it had allowed us to see how some of Ash's reserves had improved during their time at Oaks and get redemption.

As for how it stacked up to the other leagues, it's behind Johto and Hoenn as for content in that all the battles had been pretty much been tournament single elimination, not even having preliminaries to decide who goes further on. Also it seemed to make it that Ash, Barry, Paul, Conway, Takuto and Nando were the center of the universe while previous leagues at least introduced some one shot league trainers who even had their own personalities and gave Ash a run for his money.

Also as far as conclusions go, I'd have to rank it to just above Kanto but below Johto and Hoenn for the fact that even though we knew Ash would lose, it didn't at least give the feeling that he had a chance to win with Takuto pretty much pulling a second legendary after his Darkrai went down rather than some normal pokemon for it to go to the wire while also giving a bit of a feeling that the writers would have had him bring another legendary out even if Ash beat Latios. That accompanied with the one shot KOs kinda hurt the epic feel of it being the conclusion.

But in the final verdict I'll say it this way:

Content:
Hoenn
Johto
Sinnoh
Kanto

Other league competitors:
Johto
Hoenn
Kanto
Sinnoh

Conclusion:
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Kanto

TheNewGuy

Best one yet, imo.

The way Ash went down put him in the most heroic light yet (as opposed to: a disobeying Charizard, losing one-on-one with a type advantage and losing to Meowth in boots), bringing down two legendaries on the way.

So you've got that, combined with the best battle of all time (Ash vs. Paul), the multitude of Pokemon used (that alone puts it above Hoenn, imo), and then a decent battle in Ash vs. Conway. Paul/Barry wasn't too bad either, though Ash/Nando was a bit...rushed.

Thumbs up. Best league yet, even with the cheap ending. I hate that they created this ridiculous trainer specifically for Ash to lose against, but at least the glorious Ash vs. Paul battle makes up for it.

DSDark

Breeder
i didn't like not seeing Glalie battle and watching torterra getting wrecked

TicoPokemonMaster

Match wise its one of the worst. Ash's shown battles were Nando, random trainer, conway, paul, takuto. I wanted more Ash matches

Battle wise, Conway vs Ash, Paul vs barry, Ash vs Paul , Ash vs Takuto were the major highlights of the league.

Plot wise, nice end to Ash vs Paul rivarly, glad they dedicated three eps to this battle

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It was great except for the lack of battles.

These Pokemon not being used at all was a crime:

1. Glalie
2. Muk
3. Bayleef
4. Totodile

Seriously, these 4 have not had battles in ages. Why the hell did they not get a fight? Its utterly absurd.

They even have Glalie floating there as Infernape/Torterra were training in the Barry ep, and it does not even get a battle?

That was HORRIBLE.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I didn't like Takuto as much as the other champions. He was too much of a secret, and we learned nothing about him. And he uses legends.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Even though it had a great battle of all of Pokemon so far. I still can't say it was the best. It may have had rivals, but it seems like they just picked them out of a hat. Besides Paul the battles weren't that great. Also they have Ash lose to something of mystery. Which is kind of bs imo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How does the Sinnoh League rank up against the rest? Well I can tell you now for certain, it wasn't even close to being the best. So many things in this competition seemed to be lacking, especially since it ended with Ash being beaten, and sent packing. I think the battles were some of the most intense yet. However, things ended tragically when Pikachu took on that Latios jet. Ash seems to have improved much over the course of this task. Now it's time for Ash to relax, enjoy his freetime, and lie in the sun to bask.

All rhymes aside, I'd rank the Leagues as follows:

1. Johto League
2. Hoenn League
3. Kanto League
4. Sinnoh Leauge

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
The Sinnoh league was far better than the other leagues IMO. Mainly for the Ash vs Paul battle, but I actually liked the battle between Ash and Takuto too. Even if fighting legends was an excuse to make Ash lose the league, he still did better than everyone else, knocking out Darkrai AND Latios.

Ash vs Conway was also good, but Ash vs Nando was way too short. If that battle had been longer, and the second round wasn't skipped (so we could have seen some more of Ash's reserves in action), the league would have been pretty much perfect to me.

Kanto league was decent because it showed Ash was a complete beginner. As far as battles go, it sucked, but it's excusable for a first tournament. And to think that Ash was so naive that he bragged about making top 16 in that tournament. What a joke, at least he's matured much more now.

Johto League was good, except Ash vs Gary, where it actually mattered. That battle was rushed. Charizard vs Blaziken sort of redeems it though.

Hoenn League had a good dose of overall battles, but there was no excitement in story. It was sort of like watching for the sake of watching, I didn't find any of Ash's Hoenn league rivals to be interesting. Especially Tyson, he had the personality of a brick wall.

BlueDragonfangirl

I loved it, the only thing I didn't like was how they did Ash V.S Nando, too much Team Rocket and not enough Ash for some odd reason. The rest I loved, mainly Ash V.S Paul man was that epic.

Kanto League was my second favorite, it was his first league so it was exciting to see him in it and to see him advance as a trainer. The ending was just as cheap though, even more so cuz he lost to a cheap clone of himself >>

Than after Jhoto League, I loved the Ash V.S Gary one even though it was shorter than Ash V.S Paul one. Seeing the fun intresting characters such as Macey and that one guy, they were fun to deal with, specially when Macey had a crush on him. Than the ending was epic, loved the music they used and the battle wow.

Hoenn League was the worst one IMO, no intresting characters for Ash to battle and I think one guy liked liked guys LOL he didn't have any good rivals. But I loved how much better he got as a trainer and he had awesome Pokemon and I loved his clothes.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
In my opinion the best league was Hoenn league, because Ash has had 3 full battles.
The Sinnoh league was better than Johto and Indigo, so it's the second for me. The best battle was Paul vs Ash.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
1. Hoenn League
2. Sinnoh League
3. Johto League
4. Kanto League

Sinnoh would have come in first on my list if some of the battles weren't so rushed and that horrible battle against Takuto never took place.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Ash struggled with a Bellsprout in the Kanto League and lost to a Meowth in the Hoenn League. This time he beat a Darkrai and tied with a Latios.....speaks for itself

Kanto League was the worst. All thanks to a disobeying Charizard. If they were promoting the games, shouldnt ALL pokemon obey you after you win the 8th badge? It had its moments though, i liked the girl with the Bellsprout.

Johto League was pretty great. We finally got Ash vs. Gary. Their battle was pretty epic as far as i can remember, but ever since, the standards have been increased rapidly so i dont know. Ash vs. Harrisson was pretty good too. Blaziken vs. Charizard was one of the most epic battles.

Hoenn League. Tyson felt like a Harrisson clone. I liked Morrisson though. Overall a good league.

Sinnoh League. Ash vs. Paul was the best battle of the series. Their rivalry was handled perfectly! Top it off with Ash beating a Darkrai and tying with a Latios! Ash vs. Takuto was pretty epic too. These two made up for Ash vs. Nando, which was like a practice session match. Ash vs. Conway and Paul vs. Barry were good too.

1. Sinnoh League
2. Johto League
3. Hoenn League
4. Kanto League

Last edited:

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
SL contains the best battle ever (Ash vs Paul) and the best rivary ending, I loved the fact that Ash had beaten Darkrai and even tie with a Latios, overall I enjoyed this league alot but since there was some cheapness on the writers's side, I can't say it's the best :/
My ranking would be the following:
1. Johto league
2. Sinnoh league
3. Hoenn league
4. Kanto league

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Cyndaquil finally evolved! Noctowl kicked rear end! Sceptile, Heracross, and Gliscor had some great battles! That makes it a great league for me.

Teh Muk should have battled though. :(

It was great except for the lack of battles.

These Pokemon not being used at all was a crime:

1. Glalie
2. Muk
3. Bayleef
4. Totodile

Seriously, these 4 have not had battles in ages. Why the hell did they not get a fight? Its utterly absurd.

They even have Glalie floating there as Infernape/Torterra were training in the Barry ep, and it does not even get a battle?

That was HORRIBLE.

i knew you would say glalie why do u love that giant head so much?

TicoPokemonMaster

Kanto League was the worst. All thanks to a disobeying Charizard. If they were promoting the games, shouldnt ALL pokemon obey you after you win the 8th badge?

Considering that Ash ligitametly won 3 badges ( thunder, soul, volcano) while the other badges were petty badges then that why Charizard disobeyed.

I don't even count the 8th badge as ligit cause it was a team Rocket trap for Ash.