1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel when the anime contradicts game mechanics?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by U.N. Owen, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Shayuin

Shayuin Banned

Thankfully the latter has been fixed since we saw a baby Lugia in Johto, which means that the mom Lugia obviously mated.

2. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Nurse Joy's Latias, Tobias's Latios, and Movie 5 Latios and Latias are surely all different.
    Tobias's Darkrai, Movie 8 Darkrai, the Darkrai in the DP filler and the Darkrai in the XY filler again are surely all different.
    Mewtwo and Newtwo again are different.
    Many more examples of there being more than 1 version of certain Legendary Pokemon in the anime. God-like Legendaries like Arceus, Creation Trio, Aura Trio and Weather Trio I can understand there being only 1 but for others I'm certain multiple versions exist.

3. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

People still griping about Thunder Armor above? It was basically self-activated Guts with colored feathers.

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Then why was Pikachu shrouded in it too.

Why was it golden.

5. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Probably using the same logic that DP did Paul had Chimchar's moves be powered up by tanking Fire Type Moves during the Tag Battle Arc. Thunder is golden so they turn golden. Duh ;)

6. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

Swellow can't absorb electricity. It also didn't seem paralysed.

7. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

What's the limit for the number of moves Pokémon should be able to know at the same time without that being broken?

8. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I hate game mechanic inconsistencies in the show like when type advantages get ignored whenever it suits the plot. It's annoyingly situational.

9. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

I feel relatively unfazed and this because of the same reasons why I'm unfazed about most of the other things the anime doesn't do right.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't watch the anime with the games in mind, so whenever there's a divergence between in-game mechanics and what occurs on-screen, I tend to ignore it. The anime's more enjoyable for me that way.

11. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

One of thing that annoys me about this is when the it contradicts the game some of the time and yet some of the time will apply and be specifically mentioned. For example when Hyper Beam has a recharge time some of the time but not always. It makes the previous episodes where they specifically make mentions of it working precisely like that make little sense.

12. an1mey123

an1mey123 New Member

In order to prove that "It is consistent," we need to work within some other...

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The Hyper Beam recharge inconsistency is kind of irksome, as is the Solar Beam charge time, which barely seems to be a thing these days. But that's just one of those things that was likely changed to make the attacks more convenient in the anime.

14. TrainerJenny

TrainerJenny 毛皮のゴミ

It bothers me a little but nothing can be exact am I right (⌒▽⌒)