• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel when you get a new pokemon from the GTS or a friend?

Blaze Infernape

PokemonMaster
When I trade in gts or with my friends i feel very happy because i will be receiving their pokemon which to me is a sign of friendship.It is also good memories from when you look back at the pokemon in your pc and find the pokemon you received in the GTS or from a friend.

So tell me how you feel when you get a pokemon from the GTS or from a friend!
;472;

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Usually, I wish I could nickname them... but not as much as I wish I could rename some of my terribly-named Pokemon from older generations. Personally, I see why they make it so that you can't rename someone else's Pokemon within the generation that it is received, but I DO think that you should be able to rename anything that has been migrated forward from an older generation, since it's not like its original owner is going to be getting it back or anything. I want Ignatius the Charizard, Heinz the Raichu, Salazar the Arbok, Morpheus the Snorlax, Archimedes the Pidgeot, and Nieva the Articuno! FLAME, ZAP, SNAKE, ZzZzZzZzZz, SUPERPECK, and BOB FREEZE are dumb names!

Rakurai

I like getting Pokemon with nicknames, though they aren't terribly common (Japanese players seem somewhat more prone to it).

I seldom use them for anything other then breeding purposes, though, so they're not really sentimental.

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
I think it's a bit charming and fun. I like getting Pokemon with different names because it shows the original owner's personality, and I especially like it when someone attaches mail (I always try to!). The pokemon I get from GTS like that are just kind of fun. I feel like the player really wants to trade and have fun while training, unlike the plethora of other pokemon on GTS that are just there to perform some kind of cloning hack or to be jerks. Zekrom for your Pidgey? I think not. So like I said, it's fun trading with the other players of the world when they use GTS for its intended purpose.

Plus, I like to try to get Pokemon from other countries. It's funny to think we're all connected by these little pixels in some way.

My point is, I like it. ^^

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I love how you can register your location on the globe within the GTS. Looking at the globe and finding the little mark where the Pokemon came from is cool. It's like a world within a world :)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Some of the Pokemon I have are from my friends and have some sentimental value, but most are just random trash I found in the GTS for the purposes of Dex-filling. I couldn't care less about the latter group, unless they have active Pokerus or something.

Raiin

Johto Boy
I'm usually like... cool. It really depends on what it was that I got though.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I get usually happy. The GTS Pokemon mostly to breed, I am happy because of that since I would be looking for their first base or pre evolutions and need them <.>
I am super happy when a friend trades me a pokemon because.. well its from them P: Frienships! :D XP

Firebrand

Indomitable
The pokemon I get from GTS. Right. I've got so many level 9 and under Reshirams and Zekroms that I've just gotten so many I have no idea what to do with them. /sarcasm

Pokemon I've received from friends are nice, because most of them I've had for a long time. But ones I've got off the GTS? Maybe one or two I like to keep around, but the rest? Nah.

Bubble Beam

Bubble Buddy!
It feels like you get to own another Pokemon of a different world/personality, I love it when they have nicknames.
/I bet I make no sense.

Cutty

Forever now
Well, I'll be happy if I get what I wanted, especially for rare pokemon.
I dont really have an attached feeling or anything towards a gift pokemon.

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
Dancing around like lunatic after I found a reasonable trade on GTS that doesn't ask for a level 9 or lower Reshiram >v>;;

ParaChomp

be your own guru
WHAT?! How did he get me a level 5 Dialga? NO! MY SHINY KIRLIA THAT I RUB IN THE FACES OF EVERYONE ON THE GTS!

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
When I get a Pokemon from the GTS, this is my reaction. "This is a hack, I know it."

But when I get one from a friend, it's nice to know that I got a non-hack Pokemon :p

Hydreigon6507

Dancing around like lunatic after I found a reasonable trade on GTS that doesn't ask for a level 9 or lower Reshiram >v>;;

This. I sometimes need to search as if I was a madwoman just to get what I am looking for.
Level 9 and under Reshiram for your Sunkern? No way, Jose.

I'm always suspicious of pokemon from the GTS because I really don't like hacks/cheats thus I never really grow close to them.

Pokemon from friends are very special to me, they end up becoming some of my favourites.