• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you feel when you get a new pokemon from the GTS or a friend?

Unoin

I've only used the GTS so far but I just get the Pokemon, maybe breed it and hope it's not too hard of a sell whenever I repeat this cycle. I started trading with a Boldore first so I haven't had too much trouble convincing people to trade (although I didn't know it evolved by trade before I made the trade!)

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Depends what I get really, I found a Japanese Dialga with its Hidden Ability from Dream Radar. Don't know why someone would put something as amazing like that up on GTS.
I also managed to get a level 7 Landorus, probably isn't legit but GTS should've prohibited it from being traded, right?
Receiving Pokémon from friends is always fun too, friend of mine generously gave me his Thundurus from White 1 so I could go catch Landorus in Black 1. He even let me keep the Thundurus afterwards.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Dancing around like lunatic after I found a reasonable trade on GTS that doesn't ask for a level 9 or lower Reshiram >v>;;

Sometimes I wish I could smack those people. They're the Pokemon trolls, Poketrolls.

Mecha-Caterpie

Steel-Bug Type
Wait, that feeling you get when trading with someone reasonably via GTS?

I have never heard of that!

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
I just traded with my friend ZiR. I have to say, he's a really nice guy.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Dream Radar when you have no badges, people.

ice33333

Well as my most recent gts trade got me a shiny houndoom, generally very very happy XD

ForeWolf

I don't trade with the GTS (too afraid of hacked Pokemon). And I don't know what it's like to trade with a friend. None of my friends play Pokemon. :-(

Star Champion AJ

For me I'm happy if I get Pokémon from there, mainly for Pokédex filling purposes, though some of them are quite good, like a Jolly Gible I got a few weeks ago.
And I'm happier if the trade adds another point to the globe, yeah, my game is a melting pot...
Note: Am I the only one thinking people who wants a Level 9 or lower <insert a random Legendary here> are jerks?

ice33333

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I love trading. Getting my friends', or even strangers' Pokemon is a great way to remind me of them and to interact in a funny sort of way.

Also it helps me win the lottery easier

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
I'm iffy with traded Pokémon. On one hand, I found a shiny Bidoof in my boyfriends game and he let me keep it, and even though it has his OT and ID, it still feel extremely special to me. On the other hand, I don't like using traded Pokémon, even if it's one I caught/bred myself, if it doesn't have the OT as the game I'm playing then I won't use it. No real reason, especially since they rarely level up enough to stop obeying me, I just enjoy using my own Pokémon.
As for GTS, I've traded on GTS for Foreign Dittos/Pokémon for breeding, or to help fill up my national dex, but I'll never use them again, because they're not my Pokémon. I even got a legit Japanese shiny Butterfree, the only shiny I ever got on the GTS, and I just keep it to look at.

TL;DR I only really use my own Pokémon but sometimes Pokémon traded from friends can be special! GTS Pokémon don't mean much to me though.

dragonskull

Dark trainer
If I trade It's mostly because of the inability to get a certain pokémon myself, which frankly is something which does not occur at all anymore these days :p. I tend to trade only with real life friends though :) And most of the time there's little emotion to it for me :)

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I feel great when I get a shiny kircketune for a normal baby anorith on Black 2 from the GTS, those kinds of trades make me happy. So whenever I do GTS trades I generally ask for patrats and sometimes give the Pokemon Pokerus to make a competitive battler happy. Though the only Pokemon I get from trades that I use are from my brother's games (usually version exclusives) and ones I get from myself. Actually, to be honest, I don't think I haven't traded with a friend since Pearl and I lost that game.

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
I love the GTS. I even traded my Zekrom for a Leafeon for some reason. Bet they were happy. I have actually never traded with a friend! I only know one other Pokemon player irl.

Cressy

If i get te pokemon i wan im very happy. Although lately i got scammed...lol oh well

pokemonranger7098

Eevee Master
I am usually very happy when I trade, on the GTS or in real life. However, it is discouraging to have to specify foreign countries just to get some junk trades off of the screen, and then having to specify different levels, genders, DIFFERENT countries (because no one plays it there, no good offers, etc.), etc. to find one I want. I have gotten some awesome, adorable Eevees off of the GTS and Negotiations, though. :D